Happy Easter - Worldwide Event - March 28th to April 4th

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Heading out to work but we should definitely get a band of non-taming heroes and slay one of those fluffys for the video section.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The St Patty day event was specifically geared toward non taming players, relying on tracking and scouting. However every event cannot suit every style of play. This event was not designed for tamers however it does present an extreme challenge for them should they wish to undertake it. The purpose is to survive and steal the easter bunny's eggs. Players who choose to undertake the challenge of trying to kill them, can earn different rewards than the rewards available from the egg hunt.

All Renaissance events are designed with a variety of templates in mind.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Member

I think that the fact that u can walk around with a small house deed in ur back pack until u come across a easter bunny, place the house, trapped the bunny inside the house and ban fluffy, wait to collect the eggs, recall to the next spawn area and do it all over again is a shame. Maybe, if u had to kill the fluffy first to collect the eggs, that would prevent the house trapping.

On another note. You can incite two fluffy on to each other.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The monsters can no longer be trapped in houses, as this was starting to become a problem, no for farming eggs, but generally locking up the spawn.

Well extend the event an extra day to account for the problems.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Re: Happy Easter - Worldwide Event - March 28th to April 5th

Excellent news! Thanks Telamon.

Damn its hard to find these buggers, I don't think I have ever ran more around the entire map and I only found 3 spawns and some random eggs on the floor but no bunnies in many screens.

Still beats farming the same spawn I always do, if not for profit definitely for enjoyment.

Keep up the good work!
  6. Fender

Fender New Member

My point is that this server has about 80-100 players on at a time. How many active tamers, 10-15? Those players are the ones that have access to certain items from killing Fluffy and the Easter Bunny. With such a small player base, we all should be able to earn/fight for all the rewards. That said, Im glad there are events on this server and I appreciate the work of the UOR staff. My problem is that I don't have the time to make a tamer and its disappointing when the swing of my axe just isn't good enough.
  7. Aegis

Aegis Member

I collected 120 eggs on the first evening with my dexer/tracker.
    now a bit bored of looking for them :)

I think I prefer shorter events...
  8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Seconded! I knew there was almost no way I could compete soley in this event, 6 days of consistient egg collecting is just far too hard!
  9. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

For those of us who have to work...this couldn't be more true! :p A long(er) event would be nice, but only with a reward system like the Christmas event. X amount of eggs = prize. After the first day of looking at the leaderboard while on my break at work I realized there was no way in Hell i'd be able to catch up lol.

I mean a big congrats to whoever places top 5, and this is in no way meant to be a complaint post, just throwing out some idea for the next one :). Thanks to the staff for another fun and interactive event!
  10. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Yeah I think the xmas event was perfect, you aim for a goal without the everlooming threat of someone with 5000 stockpiled coins taking it away from you. If the eggs were redeemable for rewards, and only (X) amount of rewards were able to be given out (Assuming the staff wanted only a limited amount handed out) I think the event would be much more enticing for the shard.

That being said, I do like the idea of a running total-esque type event, but with limited spawns, the bunny waiting mechanic, and a full week of dedication it can get a bit teedius, especially for those with families/work/school.
    The only suggestion I can make is that instead of having the running total go over the full week, how about a bracket every 24-48 hours over a period of 6-8 days for a total of 3-4 grand winners. At the end of the event all the winners are allowed to select from a pool of grand prizes - Similar to how the scavanger-births were handed out, with preferance given to those with the most eggs. e.g. Bracket 1 winner collected 100 eggs, Bracket 2 winner collected 200 eggs, Bracket 3 winner collected 150 eggs so the order of selection would be B2 -> B3 -> B1. This way the players that have had 2-3 days free over easter holidays can compete with those that have had a full week to collect eggs, and choose to opt of any later bracket knowing they will still be rewarded for their efforts.

Also, a big congrats to whoever wins this event this is defintely one of the harder ones to win!
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

All valid points, going forward we will use the Platinum system to take a larger role for rewards in these events.

This system also is the first of its kind on a free server and was designed to be re-used for future events.

Thanks for all the feedback and we will use it to make future events better.

The primary reason for the long duration of holiday events is specifically that people have families/lives etc. If we did a shorter event only on easter, most everyone would miss out as they have prior commitments.
  12. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Updated the prizes to account for the extended length of the event.

The top 10 placers by egg counts will win a trophy and matching Easter basket.
    [​IMG]

Players may also spend their points to purchase the following prizes. (Leftover points are lost, so plan accordingly)
    [​IMG]
    Easter Event Prizes
    • Fluffy Statue - 750 Points
    • Easter Bunny Statue - 600 Points
    • Poppy Flowers - 500 Points (2 part rare)
    • Basket of Herbs - 400 points
    • Rabbit Pelt - 200 Points
    • Sliced Ham - 100 Points
    • Golden Egg - 100 Points
    • Platinum Coins - 30 Points per coin
    • Furniture Dye Tub - 15 Points per charge
    Note: Points must be spent all at once at the end of the event.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I like the feedback going on in the thread. I have all the characters built but love events where I can play my warriors.
    Aside from the obvious issue of big monsters requiring tamers in groups, I think a potential option for events like these would be a 1 hour time-slot to 'compete' per day of an event. For example, 7 day event, you get 7 hours of play in the event to score points toward the ultimate goal. In this fashion, even people with full time jobs, kids, etc, can try their best to squeeze one good hour of play in per day of the event and be on an even footing with the 12+ hour a day gamers. To make it so it still requires a daily login, the 1 hour slot must be used in it's relevant 24 hour period, or it expires.
    While it won't work well for overworld spawn type events, I think it could give even the gamers with limited time a chance to get the top prize for a change.

I dunno, just getting thoughts out there.
  14. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm unsure about the current ending date/time for this event... could someone post it? Thanks in advance :)

Glad to see the reward change. Someone pointed out to me a way that some of the more avid egg hunters could have really worked over the first system but good. It still amazes me the ways that players come up with to beat almost any system. :)
  15. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Midnight server time on the 4th is the official end.
  16. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Do the statues make sounds like the boss statues?
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yep

Also due to popular demand, Rabbit Pelt's are now available to purchase with your points.
  18. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

So it is no longer the top 25 players getting items from the first page?
  19. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

You basically get to pick you prize now using the points you earn turning in eggs.
  20. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The Easter Egg Spawn Ends on 4/4/13 at midnight server time.

You will still be able to turn in eggs for 24 hours after the event ends.

Egg turn in will be closed on 4/5/13 at midnight server time.