Harrower 2018!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by The Hammer, Jul 3, 2018.

1. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Hey there. First, I largely agree with your point of view in bringing a macro out to the open that either everyone can benefit from or noone can. But you're starting to make less sense when you're asserting that earsnot used the method as he reported it and when you're arbitrarily throwing people into one basket or group.
  2. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Guy, you are so wrong it's retarded.

So if "my group" is using it - we reported it months ago because? What? Why?

We like to fuck ourselves? We got offered a bug report trophy for it dude. (Didn't take it btw because legit - fixing something retarded was a pretty decent reward in itself)

You think we'd find an exploit, report it, be offered a reward for reporting it, then use it?

Do you know how I checked it btw? By placing a house and dropping it.

So, again, to reiterate, wrong fucking group that you're pointing fingers at. Nothing to do with me and mine.

@Chris feel free to confirm what I'm saying here because I'm not eating shit on this.

And once again Hammer, to reiterate, we have never once used this at idocs.
  3. Earsnot

Fuck me dude, there's no "might" about it.

I
    Don't
    Use
    It

Period.

Would I be tagging Chris asking him to confirm everything I've just told you is 100% factual if I used it? Are you even reading a single thing I'm posting?

You have the wrong group.

Get my name out your fucking mouth, and if you want to point fingers maybe look at the other groups that do idocs.

I'm not on that Sneaky shit.
  4. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

*cough* @SneakyT *cough*

remember compassion desert tower? What a co-incidence to see you gate in within 60 seconds of it dropping, how did you do that?
    Earsnot likes this.
  5. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

*gasps* oh shit... facts trump fake new all day!

I was waiting for someone to drop this bomb!

-7- had a good run though, gotta give them credit. clever little buggers!
  6. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

Iderp and pwn are one of the same. Same people in both guild minus a few here and there. It’s a razor macro and anyone can use it without repercussions, well hopefully that will change but it’s been going on way to long. It’s a known secret iderp used it, I mean hell that was one of the first issues I heard coming back to UoR recently and didn’t even bother to confirm until it was discovered with harrower skulls. You can say you don’t use it all you want, but I couldn’t see a way to enforce rules against using it. Hell we had the opportunity to use it for up gains and pixels and decided it was lame. Crew never used it because they were asking me about it the other day, now who’s throwing fingers.

If they were using it they wouldn’t of been talking to me in discord about it. I’ve been offered other bugs for this macro and have gladly declined giving it out. But you can’t tell me with a straight face iderp never used it when their guys who some are in pwn was using it on the harrower. Specially when you guys can go unchecked for this long.

Nerk stop crying to me in irc, your daily messages are getting old, I know I disrupted A huge part of your uo, but I’m sure harrower will be up soon, and your group can think of another way to screw the system.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    Ponne likes this.
  7. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

Wait, what... It's been 2 days and you msged me asking for info about PWN.. You started the conversation!? Come on man.

Shit, post our private IRC chat, let the people read it! Post the Macro! Post PWN's discord chat.. Post the "red" in PWN, post the iderps in pwn.. POST ANY PROOF of whatever it is you're trying to accuse people of. You've come this far, blow the roof off this bitch!

Point your finger and tell everyone how sad they are.. It's all meaningless.. Is this all just a scheme to belittle the shard so you can encourage people to change shards? That wouldnt be too out of character for you would it?

If not, roll up ur sleeves. Go Idoc, go champ, go play by the game in the same mechanics we all play under. Adapt and overcome.

PWN did it, you can too! (maybe)
  8. Earsnot

@The Hammer you're like a retarded broken record.

Holy shit, dude - read my fucking words.

We reported this bug months ago.

No one in my group has ever used it.

To date, you have in fact used it more than we have. Because we have used it 0 times and you have used it 1 times.

Please, for the love of god dude, engage your brain, read my words, why the fucking fuck, would we discover an exploit, report it, be offered a bug reward - AND THEN USE AN EXPLOIT WE JUST REPORTED?

That's like finding a gun, calling the cops then coming out your house pointing it at them firing it in the air.

Your argument isn't even an argument it's insane drivel.

For like the 4th or 5th time, you are pointing your fingers at the wrong idoc group.

Stop connecting groups - you are getting it wrong.

9. Helicobacter

Helicobacter Active Member

*prepares to piss off everyone*

Guys (and gals),

We are lucky enough to play in a sandbox that by all accounts should've been closed off to us over 15 years ago. We do so because of the hard work and volunteered time of a pretty great group of people.
    Things are going to be imperfect; we are going to get things wrong as players and as humans. When we find ourselves in a situation like this, try and de-escalate back to the basics: we all enjoy UO:R, we all deserve to be treated with respect, we all should try our best to be our best and treat others well.

We aren't going to get it right every rime, but a thread like this won't get it right any time.

As an aside, if there really are only a handful of Harrower groups, then I bet working together would yield more platinum over time than fighting.
    eherruh, Zyler, Arawn and 3 others like this.
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member

Well said Helicobacter, we had every opportunity to use this method of exploiting but then we wouldn't be no better than the individuals doing it day in and day out.
  11. Earsnot

Just going to completely ignore the glaringly obvious inaccuracies and mistakes in your own posts and just not respond to them now then.

Ok. Cool.

And what are you talking about dude - you used this exploit, by your own admission - three times now.
  12. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

"Is this a dagger which I see before me, The handle toward my hand?" -William Shakespeare

Shakespeare's wisdom extends way beyond his years.
    Azerothian, Carl Grimes and Hellbilly like this.
  13. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

14. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Member

Is this all about how there is no range detection when you use a dagger so you can have a macro like:

Double Click Dagger
    Target House Sign

Then you get the message that you can't use a bladed on that.

If you move out of range... at unlimited range, so say AFK in your house or something you get the response that it's "too far away"

Now when the house drops and the sign no longer exists, guess what? No message!

So you just make a macro that checks for those responses and if you fail to get a response send the alert to guild chat. I assume it would work the same with a skull that's been placed.

Is that the macro everyone is talking about?
  15. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

The whole idea is to not share this sort of information
    Azerothian likes this.
  16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

It was verified by the man himself that this macro was discovered and being abused for a very long time. Unfortunately, it did not stay quiet and was discovered. So now shit is hitting the fan because of the advantage a group had for such a long time. Call it what you want, but facts are facts. I not not pointing the finger at any one group. I have no idea which group used it.

What I sure as shit know is that every damn group on the server has it now, and THAT is a big problem.
    NCCML and One like this.
  17. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

fixed
    One likes this.
  18. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Member

Snowden.jpg
    eherruh, permamoob, Rad and 2 others like this.
  19. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

20. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Why's that? The cat is out of the bag. A simple Google search (2nd result) will tell you all you need to know about it. At least it takes the power out of the hands of the "privileged few" who've been using it for who knows how long now since it looks like it's been out there for years. People just got clever and used it on the champ skulls when it was originally used for IDOCs.

I've literally watched IDOC groups showing up 10 seconds after a drop, many times since I've been here. I assumed they just had the timers down to the second, but now I understand it was much more simple.

EDIT: Perhaps not as simple as I initially thought.
    Helicobacter, Hellbilly and One like this.