Key Bindings and Chat?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by IzZaGod, Feb 27, 2014.

1. IzZaGod

IzZaGod New Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm wanting to know if there is a way to separate my key bindings from my chat so i can talk to people without setting off all my macros and so i don't have to erase a bunch of jibberish before i can talk to people. I cant play this game without bindings and don't see how anyone could so does everyone just have to deal with it or is there a way to fix it???
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

You can set a simple razor macro to enable and disable all the razor macros. Allowing you to toggle all the key mappings so you can converse, then turn them back on for combat.

Razor Guide - Hotkeys Tab
    http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-razor.3671/#post-25142

Enable/Disable Razor HotKeys - Set a key to toggle Razor hotkeys off and on. Useful when using single-key hotkeys on a pvp character. Hotkeys can be toggled off for speech, on for pvp.
  3. IzZaGod

IzZaGod New Member

oh ok, well that's definitely better then nothing! =D
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The only other option is avoid using the base letter keys as macros.

Using combinations of F1-F12 by themselves and then in combination with control/alt keypresses.

Personally I could never toggle razor macros well so I just avoided mapping macros to the normal keys.

Some of the best pvp'ers however swear by effective key mapping.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Well, this probably won't apply to you, but I use my left hand so I use every single key on the numberpad, and I use the CTRL modifier that my right thumb can rest on. This keeps the whole keyboard open so I can still manage to type out a "are you even trying?" while fighting. I can also unlock the numpad and r-hand thumb the arrow keys to continue running while I move the mouse around and do other things that you wouldn't ordinarily be able to do while running, like move stuff around in my backpack, set your items to last target, et al.

Entirely, I use 24 keys + the ctrl modifier of those keys, and some very infrequent things use alt + those keys, so I have about 50 keys bound to my right hand.
  6. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Ooh. This is a handy thread because I have been wondering the same thing. For my beastie bashing needs the f keys work fine but since I just built my first pvp toon I'll need more. I hadn't considered using ctrl and alt modifiers. My key mashing skills suck but I was planning to map them to my nostromo to get around that.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I bought the Logitech G-510 Keyboard. It has 18 programmable keys on the left side of a standard QWERTY. I bought it specifically for UO because I'm an anal retentive prick and can't possibly stomach putting hotkeys on my frequently used text keys. If I ever do, it's with an Alt or Ctrl modifier, such as Alt+H which toggles my trammel mask off for my helm and vice versa.
  8. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

I push buttons
    Jupiter likes this.