Leaving

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Qex Yario, May 25, 2015.

1. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is not a trammel shard period

Also PKs aren't rampant in the least........
  2. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

I've been pked five times since I started here over a year ago and two of those happened when I had no escape macro, no balanced stats and was farming naked in hot spots. Compared to other shards I've played the pk population on here is quite small and there's a myriad of spots out there where you can farm completely undisturbed all day long during EU and US hours.
    I always wondered why someone would be surprised being pked at Destard or bloods. T2A and its dungeons alone will provide you witth more than enough perfectly safe spots to get your farm on.

On top of that it has to be said that most pks on here will not dryloot, horsekill, res/reskill, gate to 1 tile island and whatever else people are doing on other shards unless you're talking smack.
    Cordelia Black likes this.
  3. Cordelia Black

Cordelia Black Well-Known Member

The only time i got killed,the only thing they took was my weapon (wich was a double axe of vanq,wich i got for 2k) nothing else was taken and i was ressurected and healed. Oh and lil ol horse was spared aswell. And following the rule of never bringing out what you arent prepared,even counting on likely loosing at some point, i had lots of replacement weapons (and armour,regs,bandaids etc but nothing was taken even though i had a full fortification bone armor suit). Im sure there are assholes but they dont seem too common.
  4. Ren

Ren Member
    UO:R Donor

I can't imagine playing any MMO anymore where there wasn't a threat potentially lurking that could make me lose everything on me. With that said, I would also recommend you stick around. Find some people to play with (additional plug for PS - all great folks here) and have a good time.
    Blaise likes this.
  5. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

That sucks man I would of never played this server if I didn't get pked when I started.. I say fuck the recall macro and learn some basic offense and defense.. if there's too many pks then yeah recall but you're honestly missing out by not pvp ing it's very fun
    Animal Control likes this.
  6. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

I think a good next step would be making some official program to help teach new players basic pvp, to get the jitters and nervousness out of it.

Maybe veteran pvpers who are willing to donate their time could be matched with a new player and spend a week mentoring them. It ends after a week, so the veteran can move on and do their own thing.

If they want to help again, they could sign up another time in the future.

Could cover basic stuff like debuffs, fast casting, basic combos, hotkey setup, general questions. All depends on the new player and what the mentor wants to do.
  7. Qex Yario

Qex Yario New Member

Well, I think I got frustrated and spoke in haste.

this is an awesome shard. but for those to say that PKs are not plentiful or rampant, are proabley PKs themselves.

I have played UO for as long as it has been around, I have done Pvp many times through out my years. my complaint is not about the true RPing pkers, I have one myself. I should of said the "gank squads, greifers"

yes I wear armour. yes I have trapped pouches, yes I have a recall/gate macro, self heal, even have my pets set to guard me and have killed a few pkers with my pets.

but when soon as I arrive at a spawn, and someone is already there, I signal to them a Hello, and that I'll let them have the spawn, they reply, oh no I just leaving.

they leave and less than two minutes, 3 reds are coming in casting. and this was no where near PEAK time.

The people that play a true PK are not the problem, it's an important aspect of the game that OSI killed. but the gank squads and the douchbags are what drive people away.

this is a great shard, ran by an outstanding staff. they have gave back to me what I loved about UO and missed. I just get frustrated by the griefers who can ruin a shard and run people off.
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

@Qex Yario

Well I think some of the people that say there aren't many pks aren't really out farming. Really I only recognize a couple people here as being even semi regular dungeon crawlers in the past year. There are definitely more pks than farmers posting in this thread.

There are maybe 5-15 active reds and they tend to run in a 3-5 man pack daily. I don't think this is wrong or broken, but probably facilitated by having access to three+ accounts and being able to work counts on multiple accounts at the same time. If some patch happened that for instance caused short term counts to last 3x as long to compensate for extra accounts, it would be a different world and active reds would probably be more hardcore players. But the server has been up three years now so I wouldn't expect such a big change to ever hit.

People have offered some good advice on how to get out and I think you can manage it. You may want to keep looking for new farming spots until you find one that isn't being checked regularly. Keep reflect up. Have a hotkey that recalls and targets your rune. If you can be hidden often that will help.
    Lightshade, Eugen and El Horno like this.
  9. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Short counts should take longer to burn! Agree 100%.
    Lightshade and Eugen like this.
  10. The Horseman

The Horseman New Member

Sorry to hear that you wish to leave. Contrary to what many posters have said I counter that this server has quite a few active PK's but that's part of the game.

Many people have found different farming spots and seem to be making a good amount of gold.

That being said I will say that the oceans have become a hot spot at times, dependent on what time you're out fishing, the regular "hot spots" are always being monitored and it's only a matter of time until you see a red.

Many will argue that PK's keep a shard healthy, I really don't think that's true. There are plenty of free shards that run no PK or consensual PvP rulesets that are doing quite well. This is true especially in the ever evolving world of MMO's. WOW was huge and PvP was extremely limited, first person shooters are now the rage but once again it involves consensual combat by all participants.

PKing is simply what happens when you play in an open ruleset shard such as this one. If you accept this then you'll take the appropriate actions to prevent yourself from being PK'd or you'll leave in search of a more "friendly " environment.

Hope you find what you're looking for, obviously the "risk vs. reward" type of play here does not appeal to you. I can understand the frustration of being PK'd when all you want to do is chill out and farm some gold with your pets or do a little treasure fishing on the high seas without having to worry about a PK showing up and ruining your otherwise relaxing experience. This is what led to the creation of Trammel many years ago, but that's neither here nor there.

I can say that this server is a good one, it has flaws, but there is no such thing as a perfect UO free shard. There are good people here and there are complete assholes who will try very hard to ruin your UO experience. You have PK's that will not mount kill or dry loot and even give you a res and a gate, then there's the ones that will take everything down to your boots, kill your mount, and leave you stranded in the depths of the deepest dungeon.

Best advice I can give when playing a Felucca free shard is what was passed on to me, never leave your house with anything you're not willing to lose. It's one of the shitty truths about UO but it's a truth nonetheless.

So to the OP I say this, think about what you want to gain or accomplish from UO, if you want to fish or farm, join a guild that will help you out. Project Sanctuary and KOS would be a good place to start. If you want to head out with your dragons and farm gold without being pestered by PK's , talk to the guild TnT, they can give you really good advice about surviving PK attacks with pets, and perhaps even let you join their ranks and take you under their wing till you are a savvy tamer with gold a'plenty.

That's my spiel, time to take my leave.

Fare Thee Well Qex Yario, wherever your path may lead.
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  11. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

lol I have 689 short tern murder counts. The timer is irrelevant.
    English John and Xegugg like this.
  12. Tuco

Tuco Well-Known Member

You got more shorts than Forever 21 down the mall, mang! Dayum!
    BlackEye likes this.
  13. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

Pork Fried Rice, ur killing ur others chars account so thats clearly irrelevant ;D

See u around!
  14. Pork Fried Rice

No, I'm not, but keep telling yourself that.
  15. Theodin

I don't think a pvper with 689 shorts from killing afkers macroing taming is what they're talking about..
  16. Theodin

That's a good idea and is needed I think your 100% correct. I think if the nervousness you're talking about was turned into confidence there would be a lot more action! But veterans are not going to go out hunting for people who are new to train.. if you ask me if you want to pvp and have a lot to learn then you need to be spending a lot of time playing at the duel pits.. the most pvp rich servers I've ever played on had 1 thing in common, 10 veterans dueling all day and 10 newbs watching and waiting their turn
  17. Pork Fried Rice

LOL at the concept that most my kills are AFK macroing tamers.
  18. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Lies. I'm no PK! Heh, I farm like a mofo. I'm not telling where! But, I have paid for over 100,000 of reagents total with my farming since I started. Truth be told pets can be a liability. I like to cut and run.
  19. Theodin

Come on tell the truth I remember I alt tabbed once to check my tamer which I was afk macroing and I was poisoned at 5% hp but when I moved on the char with no stats skills or regs you recalled instantly
  20. Pork Fried Rice

I didn't say that I didn't kill AFK tamers. However, AFK tamers (who are trying to make a a gold farming character on easy mode) are a tiny majority of the people I've killed. Are you asking me not to kill people in dungeons and wilderness? Really?