MoP - Mercenaries of Paws

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Jupiter, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

If you would be interested in joining a Faction guild that is FOR HIRE please PM me. This will be primarily for FACTIONS but a Mercenary can be hired like any NPC hireling.

All classes will be welcome as MoP will be a Hodge-podge of mercenaries. This means you can bring your orc, your vampire, your murderer, your thief, whatever you want. So long as you can adhere to the rules below.

Rule #1:
    You must first demonstrate that I can trust you completely. To do this, it is strongly recommend to be very public about your play style so that I may have a history of your activity. I will generally decline application from anybody who is unknown or will cause friction.

Rule # 2: Commit to the structure below
    You must swear to uphold to play your role while on your Mercenary. You can talk out of character if you wish, but you cannot break the bonds of your contract. You must KoS (kill on site) and fight any enemy of the person who hires you even if that means fighting another MoP member. If you are playing in character, you may do so, but you MUST follow the commands of your employer. DO NOT act like a loose cannon if you are currently employed and playing your role.

YOU MUST TAKE A SCREENSHOT of your journal with your text clearly accepting a contract and post it under the "Salty Dog Tavern" MoP post - which will be created if MoP takes off.

Any moneys you receive to hire your Mercenary go directly to your Mercenary and are yours to keep (donations to Paws are welcome since Paws will arm any mercenaries, but not required).

Know your rights! As a Mercenary you must follow your employers orders, however, if it is clear your employer is forcing you to do non-faction related tasks, you do not need to comply. Outside of fighting an opposing factioner or enemy, you DO NOT need to comply with anything including some things which I am sure will come up. If an employer insists that you conduct yourself in a manner you do not wish to engage, their contract will be null and void and you may leave their service.

- you have the right to decline ANY contract before you take it.
    - requests for illicit behavior ("gross" behavior of any kind)
    - Attacking non-faction players
    - (sexual, physical, or verbal abuse)
    - General Mercenaries can attack innocents, if that is the contract you have taken, but you MUST declare this BEFORE you take the contract. If you don't wish to attack innocents you must clearly state that before you take the contract.

Rule # 3
    A Mercenary of Paws IS NOT a Village of Paws member. The only thing your MoP player will do in the Paws region is kill NPC's and wait to be hired. If you are found doing anything otherwise you will be removed immediately.

GENERAL ADVICE
    Make your IRC name known so people can contact you in IRC to hire you (most pvp'ers do not wait around for somebody to log in to an RP town, and you most likely will be bored out of your mind)
    crazydaze, ReZon, Xegugg and 2 others like this.
  2. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Interesting.
  3. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Cool idea but doesn't it take two days to leave a faction? Am I to assume that would be the minimal contract length?
    Jupiter likes this.
  4. Jupiter

MoP members would probably join one faction and stay with it. We wouldn't leave our faction we would just agree not to attack our "employers" while we are hired and we would obey their commands for our targets. We would not choose our own targets.

This would definitely be a very volatile project and would utterly fail if a MoP member was even suspected of betraying their contract.
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

6. Sarian

Sarian Member

Did this end up going very far? Im just browsing the forums...looks like it would have been a fun idea. Perhaps the "factions" part caused too many restrictions?
  7. Jupiter

That and lack of me doing anything beyond having the idea of it :)

I've been too involved with Paws to get anything else up and running.
  8. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

Jupiter mentioned the idea to me a month or two back...that's something anyway. It is an interesting idea but I like VoP too much at the moment to switch.
    Jupiter likes this.