Ned Flanders breaking the law

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by snap dragon, Mar 14, 2017.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Let's hope "Ned Flanders" has turned from his evil third party program cheating ways. Be sure to let him know, so "he" doesn't get banned ;)
    Pirul and One like this.
  2. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

[​IMG]
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Loxness how can you be so obtuse?

Is it deliberate?
  4. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Broke image :/
  6. Ned Flanders

Ned Flanders New Member

Hidely-ho, neighborinos!

This is my first post, since Lox told me I'd become a star-a-roonie. I figured I'd speak up and clear the air.

I am really bad at playing the game, but really good at coding. Using the publicly available source code for razor combined with the leaked source that allows me to modify the client and still connect, I am able to create a razor that has the functionality I want, while still adhering to the ToS. Unfortunately that means sometimes I fall for your prankaroonie with the gate, but I'm sure I can code a workaround for that.

Truth be told, Ultima Online isn't a game I enjoy very much anymore. I am however friends with Broli, who suggested I try this server because it would allow me to test the limits of my coding since the games I enjoy, Warcraft and the Old Republic, don't really offer much in the way of third party program support.

Thanks to that aforementioned friendship, I met Lox and in their generosity they have allowed me to pool our resources . They are much better neighbors than Homer, who would constantly borrow my tools and furniture and never give them back.

As for why I didn't come here and defend myself against this mob-diddly-ob, I only just recently learned about the Forum. As I said, I only really play this game two interact with a few real life friends I figured the community would be pretty toxic given my experience on other Utima communities. If this is the kind of treatment I can expect, I'm probably better off just keeping to myself and my neighborinos.

I do appreciate that I've already created such a splash on the server though, including the fan who has been nice enough to make a character named after my dear Maude, as well as my friend Jasper and Abe Simpson.

Okily dokily, time to gokily!
    Jakob, Punt, Loxness and 1 other person like this.
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Welcome Ned! I would only suggest that you clear your "coding" of Razor with @Chris, as it would be a real shame that he'd determine it is modified to a point of it being illegal as per the ToS.
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  8. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

@Ned Flanders

[​IMG]
    Beware UOR community!!

PS: Nice RP Ned!!
    The UOR community likes people With RP-NESS
    They used to like mine... until that damn Flanders came and messed it up!!
  9. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

10. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

So I don't understand. This post clearly makes it seem like you just met the guy. Now he is a real life friend that you recruited to the server?
    Kirby, One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  11. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Well, let's read now.

*Reads*

*Light bulb*

Apparently he knows Broli IRL. I just met him. This is crazy. So here's my number. Call me maybe!!

[​IMG]

Truth be told, WAY AFTER THE FACT (Like last night), I found out I met him previously. (If you call online gaming "meeting" but whatever) Like a long time ago. Kind of like one of those girls in the bar you meet, then find out you met her years ago because she was a friend of your then-GF. Except Ned isn't a girl. And I didn't date anyone.

[​IMG]

Is my outlook on it. Anyways, Ned is my FRIEND to the end now!! Besides, his wife is a hottie. Just don't tell Ned I said that!!

PS:

I'm not Broli lol.
  12. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I was on board with Ned just admitting guilt and then playing within the rules, lesson learned.

But... excuses. I don't believe he modified the razor client in any way, the macro was a text-book [redacted] script that has been around for at least 15 years. A programmer wouldn't re-invent the wheel here, please. While I was at Mr. Loxness house I never did see more than 1 character move at once. I believe Ned Flanders used the aforementioned illegal program and this "I modified razor" stuff is a attempt to make it like "oh but it's razor so it's okay" excuse. Futhermore, after my in-game detective work, and the magical appearance of Flanders along with Loxness' "ned flanders told me blah blah and he totally told me that because he's a real person and not my alt", I not believe Loxness is Ned Flanders and plays 4 accounts. Ned sure is AFK alot around Loxness !

Prove me wrong. You bring your three accounts, AND "ned" to <anywhere in game>, and I will test your authenticity.
    Baine and PaddyOBrien like this.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

loxness is tree hugger

tree hugger is cordelia black

cordelia black is Hiji Zuru

ned flanders is Chris

wylwrk is Chris
  14. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

Listen, we did all this with the dumb passport. But IDC honestly. If Ned wants to do it, that is okay by me. But saying I play more than the allowed amount of accounts (Which how do you even do that anyways? Isn't there a cap?) Is blasphemy. So don't "accuse" that kind of thing.

If you want to say "oh I want you all on at the same time" okay fine. But don't throw accusations out like that. Apparently, you guys are held in decently high regard on this server, and for you to trash my friends, and myself is grade A bullshit tbh. And you wonder why players get drove off. Stop with the witch hunt, and speak to us like a normal players, not someone looking to get us banned or in trouble for some reason.

EDIT: Also, if you are this epic amazing "detective", why do you never see my other 2 characters that are AFK at my other house(s) about 95% of the day unless I am playing on those accounts? Because you know where our training house is in Trinsic, and that is where the witch hunt is. We have houses in Brit, in Yew, in Trinsic, Minoc, etc. So the fact that you can't "find" those characters, when they are never hidden mind you, seems a little odd. So if you are gonna throw shade our way (When I've mostly been just sarcastic and joking with you) I can do the same in return.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Broli likes this.
  15. PaddyOBrien

I call shenanigans on the whole Flanders being someone else, but you seem to just double down on your 3rd party program use/altering razor to make it do something it doesn't normally do. Instead of an easy "I won't do it again" , you've bent over backwards and made some elaborate story to cover your ass and probably keep doing what you've been doing
  16. Ned Flanders

Ned Flanders New Member

Hidely ho, neighborinos!

I have to prove my existence now? What happens if I do? What happens if I don't? I mean, I gave you my gosh-darn-diddly best explanation for what I've done and why I'm here. I haven't broken any ToS and I'm here to have a good time with my friend(s) and test out something cool. Seems weird that I'd have to prove you wrong.
    Loxness likes this.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Jakob and wylwrk like this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  19. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Sooooo Ned Flanders is your UO soul mate?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  20. PaddyOBrien

What I'm saying is Loxness IS Ned Flanders and not some random guy he just happened to come to the defense of, who he just happened to become friends with, who he just happened to find out that he also knows Broli, who, surprise, also just happens to be an advanced coder just like him. Wow, small world!:rolleyes:
    snap dragon, Baine, One and 1 other person like this.