Never go full ostard

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Einar, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Einar

Einar Well-Known Member

yep, im doing exaclty that, but with a mount

Einar_2-13_04.16.jpg
  2. Einar

Einar Well-Known Member

i found the single file line got broke up easier
  3. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Your correct that the firebreath slows them down, but thats not the main cause. Large hell cats do 5-17 damage (10-34 in a pack). Frenzied ostards do 11-17 damage (22-34 in a pack). The upper range of hits you see from a frenzied puts them over hell cats by a good bit. Both tames can have up to 115 Dex, and the Str is not that important. Frenzied 170 Str = damage x 0.34 (after armor). Hellcat 185 Str = damage x 0.37 (after armor). The after armor thing just means the slight damage bonus is added after the targets armor is calculated.

Fun fact about pet damage, you will NEVER see a frenzied hit higher then 34 because its their highest damage roll given their pack bonus damage. However, you will see a dragons base damage of 16-22 hitting for closer to 26-36 without pack bonus. This is because a dragons 825 str = damage x 1.65 (after armor). Their str damage multiplier is so high it puts them well over their base damage settings. This feature is unique to only dragons and white wyrms as tames. Nightmares come close, but pretty much break even with their standard base damage at 16-22.
    Dalavar likes this.
  4. LCH

LCH Active Member

omg learn something everyday
    info is so rich nowadays
    when i played 20 years ago, i never knew anything about magic weapons (have never used anything better than a GM weapon), and never knew chainmail is better than plate (have always gone out with full plate armor)
    Dalavar likes this.
  5. LCH

LCH Active Member

and now that i see the info, no. wonder why i feel like my hell hounds do more damage than hell cats
    so hell hounds do similar damage to frenzied?
  6. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Same base damage, yes.

By the way - how did you get those button-type overlays on your screen for the follow routines?
  7. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

@Dalavar you need to come back and try out the new CUO client man! Little demo video here that shows just a few of the updated features.
    Dalavar likes this.
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That's amazing, thanks for sharing @Keza! I had totally missed that thread as I assumed it was trying to replicate the 1997/1998 version of the client or something like that :)

All this chatter about pet packs gets me itching a bit, I will admit!
    One and Vincent Blackshadow like this.
  9. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

Its all situational!
    If you want to wtf pwn burst stuff then mares are GREAT and have some tankyness.
    If you want to train pets less then get a good set of dragons since they tank the best.
    If you want to champ or need sustained damage and want to train pets less then get a mask of the wilds and two good white wyrms.
    If you want something to play with get some packs of spiders, ozzys, hell cats, imps or scorpions like Keza has...

I sometimes take 2 character one with drags to tank and a dexer with a slayer in hand to really dish out the DPS.