Official Faction Discussion / Planned Changes Thread

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Chris, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Blessed bows- must have bowcraft/fletching 100. Crafter must be in factions.
    Cost X silver to bless a existing bow or runic bow.
    Blessed bows stays blessed for X AMOUNT OF DAYS/WEEKS.

Faction Quiver
    Only equipable with 100 archery
    Craftable by faction crafter only bowcraft fletching 100
    Can only be worn by faction toon, does 5-15% more damage to enemy faction depending on range.
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I have not forgot about this thread, but I took some time to look into a few things and was able to find and resolve the problem with faction atrophy not working properly.

I am going to set it for a check every 24 hours to bring things back into balance in a patch in the next week or so. This may not be the final setting we decide on, but it looks to be a large cause of a great deal of problems.

I also scripted some quick changes to the guards to address the speed placement and follow mechanics that seem to cause the most problems. Again not a perm solution but enough to buy us time to look into the larger issues.
    Evil Dead, scuba, Jill Stihl and 6 others like this.
  3. syncopations

syncopations Active Member

I`d like to stress the importance of adding monetary rewards, otherwise it has no reason to bloom again. Faction toons are going to be backup for red fights, sigils are something to do when you are really bored. New players should be able to make a living out of factions, so they won`t get bored of farming and quit. Tamers, bards, thieves would join factions. It would greatly add to server health. Moreover, id like to see silver system completely removed and replaced with sth else like plat system.
    Balian, Mexplosivo, wylwrk and 2 others like this.
  4. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

5. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  6. syncopations

syncopations Active Member

bump
    Rextacy likes this.
  7. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

RFC #15 : Faction Bases
    Idea: General discussion on the problems with each faction base, what can be done to address them and what options, if any, exist to provide a bit more balance to faction bases.
    Specifics to Discuss:
    - Adjustments to existing bases?
    - Allow players to design their own bases as long as they follow a certain set of rules. (Size of open area, pinch points size/amount, etc)
    - Small adjustments to fix problems with each base.
    - How to address the True Britannians problem without sacrficing Lord British's castle.
    - Address the use of boats, teleportation, and other problems with bases.
    Notes:
    - On OSI faction bases were a non issue because players could visit that spot in trammel. As we do not have trammel we cannot take locations away from non faction players.

My sheckles:
    • Honestly the only substantial changes needed to the CoM base are some bumpers out front of the bridge and maybe another set inside to decrease the "open air cafe" issue. I don't know if it's possible but switching the parliament table/chairs and carpet in the side room (which have no functionality, there's literally never a reason to go in there not even during a defense) with the sigils would help a whole hell of a lot too.
    • I don't know if it's possible for you to open up the two 1-tile-wide bottlenecks on SL base first floor (that's already a fortress), but that's a big complaint. Can be nearly impossible to force your way through.
    • TB base the big complaint is the non-faction guard that reveals stealthed players. Just delete him and problem solved. All the stairs are kinda lame but it is what it is, I know you can't put them in British's castle because you want to leave it open to non-faction events.
    • Minax seems balanced enough, they have a whole lot of bumpers/bottlenecks but nothing as narrow as SLs.
    Beyond that, I don't really like the idea of players designing their own bases. Sounds fun in theory but could be a mess and lead to complaints about fairness and all that.

Lastly, you quickly patched up the problems with the boats/going through walls which we sincerely appreciate. I know Factions are more niche (but growing!), so the fact they are getting any attention at all is awesome.

Thanks Tela!

*EDIT*

Oh, and on guards I think the only change needed is prevent them from being able to run inside bases and let pets target them. Using guards is a big part of the allure of city control and with a base as shitty as CoM, being able to use guards outside the base makes it imperative for CoM to hold Magincia and helps compensate for the lousy base.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Y'all can keep beating the dead horse...but this horse wasn't ever bonded, and it's not coming back to life.
    Air, PaddyOBrien, Ruck and 2 others like this.
  9. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Any update here?
  10. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I think after the Harrower drama, updating anything is probably the last thing he wants to deal with at this point.
  11. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Clear all faction members, possibly ally Shadowlords/Minax vs TB/COM... maybe every month swap who has primary base. That or wipe and shut down 2 factions, the team who controls the most towns stays in power, the loser cycles out after 2 months.

RFC#1-3: All seem interesting but need a revamp on RFC#9 (perhaps a veteran status to allow wear of shroud? X months in faction?)
    RFC#4: Cool idea
    RFC#5: I'd like to leave ASAP if I served my time.
    RFC#6: Cut points by a %
    RFC#7: Kill/die or you lose points
    RFC#8: Don't give a shit/get rid of it
    RFC#9: The big one... lose points if you don't kill/die at least 5x a week, has to be more than 4 different characters logged. Gain points, but don't lose upon death. After you join factions your kill/deaths are public and locations logged, public hanging and dishonorable discharge for those farming kills.
    RFC#10: cool
    RFC#11: Spawn guards as soon as a town is under control of that faction, get rid of placing/purchase.
    RFC#12: Spawn vendors as soon as the town is under faction control
    RFC#13: cool rez of pets
    RFC#14: Good
    RFC#15: Need to merge into 2 factions, close down 2 for repairs or something and cycle for testing.
    RFC#16: Speedier, and announcements after 1 hour of corrupting.
    RFC#17: "Town control" is where NON-PVP Factioners should get a lot of benefits!!! Non-pvp characters should want to join factions and be a part of it! It's like a damn sports team, they would want to root for the True Brits to take over their favorite town! Get points for crafting in town, points for killing enemy faction mobs (make more of these). FACTIONS IS MORE THAN PVP!!!

vvvvvvvvv Event-Mode vvvvvvvvvv
    Make factions seasonal? Quarterly Events? Lure us back!
    "Minax has been seen summoning her forces! True Britannians have answered the call to arms! Minax March event coming soon!"
    Factions goes live in March and ends at the end of April for the two teams.

Joining factions is open for the first 2 weeks and then everyone is locked-in until the end.
    Trophies awarded at the end of the event; most kills, town control, items crafted... etc. Team who held the towns longest gets banners to fly in the town, maybe house decor of the same? Some leaderboard awards on myRenaissance for others (most sword kills, most axe kills, most fencing kills, most trap kills, etc.). This could concentrate factions into certain time periods when other events aren't held, still factions once activated (but 1v1). It would also provide down time to chill from factions in order to pk or catch up on shearing sheep.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    One likes this.
  12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

13. trifectafunk

trifectafunk Well-Known Member

I didnt read this thread until Ruck said DOA(IDK what that means) but most of these ideas are crazy complicated.

How to get ppl to play in factions hmmm

Remove Silver and Make Platinum=Silver... #MindBlown!

Keeps factions the same(So Era is not affected by quivers or luck factors)
    and you will see alot of people interested in earning platinum through means of PvP
    NCCML likes this.
  14. Air

Air Well-Known Member

Dead On Arrival (DOA)
    Pedigar likes this.
  15. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

This is a great idea. If plat was earned from factions, we would see a whole lot more participation.
    Air likes this.
  16. Air

Air Well-Known Member

100/1 silver to plat, gg
    Ruck and merlin8666 like this.
  17. trifectafunk

trifectafunk Well-Known Member

whats silver? its all plat baby
  18. Balian

Balian Active Member

19. Mandevu