Peace/Tamer questions and Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ogtor, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Hiding only works if you are some number of tiles away from something attacking you and you've waited ~10 seconds since your last skill use. In this case I think you're better off just saying all guard me and stepping away from your problem or casting invis on yourself.

having hiding does make you more difficult to track and being hidden will help you escape from reds however

so pick whatever you prefer
    Ogtor likes this.
  2. Ogtor

Ogtor Member

Hmm, so not so useful PvM wise, but still pretty appealing. Especially if players use tracking a lot. Being hunted like that speaks to something primal in me and makes me want to be able to hide. Haha. Maybe I'll play a bit more and see which will be more helpful. Thanks :)
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Best thing is that both are free to train, and easy AF, so...play around with it. See what you like best.
    Ogtor likes this.
  4. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

From a pvm point of view having med makes taming things like WW and nightmares allot easier
    Ogtor likes this.
  5. midgetbob

midgetbob Well-Known Member

I prefer med... when hunting larger mobs, I sometimes still have to spam some spells because of untimely poisons. Med makes the tough spots a lot easier.
  6. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

There are a lot of specialized builds you can run, depending on what you use your tamer for. You can make a case for hiding over med if you hunt exclusively in PK hotspots. You can make a case for disco over provo if you just chain kill blood elementals all day long. Eval tamers are superb at sniping kills on boss monsters at community events. Resist or wrestling make sense if you plan to PvP a lot. Tracking is incredibly helpful for holiday overland events like Easter. Dexxer-Tamers even have their uses, especially if you're into ironmanning AMIBs or the Tamer Quest.

Decide what kind of content you like to do and pick accordingly! But if you're just going for a general 'this is my tamer and I use them for PvM content', Provo/Med is really hard to beat.
    Ogtor likes this.
  7. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Champs start to finish - provo vet tamer. Mentioned before (Keza's post) run your dex so you can drink a blue pot and be at 51 dex it makes a huge difference when soloing hard casting/hitting bosses. I have a tracking tamer for over world events and filling tame scrolls. I've had limited success using tracking to guard against PK's (is handy at champ spawns to find thieves) usually they'll gate in close and be running at you immediately, that's where breaking LOS, keeping reflect up and a precasted gate scroll is handy. Hiding might save you (if they're no skill PK's unless you get good at teleport/hide) but your pets will be left to fend for themselves, once they're trained up you won't want to leave them. Most PK's have a tracker and lots of purples. Setting macro to gate out off a scroll with "all follow me" spam is best. When it comes to taming just get it to low life and low on mana.