Pet gating

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Liberation, May 22, 2014.

1. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

The earthquake struggle is real
  2. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

I am in favor of pet gating. Tamers already have UO handed to them in easy mode.
  3. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I do agree with this. The taming class has always and appears will forever remain the pinnacle and end all be all of PvMing.

I tried, I really did try, to consistently PvM with peace dexxers only but It's a shame that it can't hold a flame to any tamer with semi-trained pets. Also, consider the fact that acquiring slayers is beyond difficult.

I have been offering 250-350k for repond slayers in recent days only to get zero offers. This should speak loudly on the state of slayers on this server.
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  4. Athena

Athena Active Member

Finding slayers is an awful chore. Heaven forbid if you want to find a few bow slayers too, I swear the only ones i see anywhere are silver bows. I don't know if I'd want to see pet gating though but I suppose with summoning balls its not a huge deal honestly. If you die they either kill the pets or gate them out anyway and if your alive you should be able to move a pet off a gate before it poofs.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. BelXavier

BelXavier Member

I love my peace dexxers, but alas you are correct. Lich Lords are about the best he can take down. Also it takes about a 20k or so weapon when a couple cheap dragons can do the same damage.
  6. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

pet gating isn't an appropriate answer here though. Taking 3 control slots (a dragon) away would be a decent start.

I tried to talk telamon into nerfing pets and/or reducing control slots a long time ago and I think he feels it's too late now, but I don't want to speak for him.

introduce pet gating or don't, but that won't likely affect tamer's being the end all template
  7. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry I think I came off wrong here.

I agree with Hazy in that Tamers are OP when compared to other avenues of PvM templates.

I agree with Mes that pet gating won't solve a thing.
  8. Athena

Athena Active Member

A lot of balancing has to happen to change around template hierarchy or else tamers will stay on top. I really think slayers need to be more available, either being put into fishing chests/T-map chests or maybe even letting low end runics (anything that procs a might or less modifier) have a chance to produce slayer equipment.

If getting more slayers into circulation isn't enough I'd say tamers need a slot crunch down to 5 slots max. The reason we had 8 anyway when I first joined was the stipulation that only one pet could be bonded. Now that you can bond as many as you want, well you need the tamer quest of course, I feel like taking away some slots could be done but I doubt it will ever happen I think the backlash would be too loud.

All in all I agree with Mes pet gating won't change anything about tamers being the top template for slaying monsters efficiently.
    Jupiter, Basoosh and Godric Greycliff like this.
  9. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

We should only have 5 control slots. Period. It's accurate and much more fair. I, too, fear this will remain unchanged due to fear of a backlash, though. I also support the idea of adding slayers to chests as long as we limit this change to weapons. There are already enough slayer instruments out there if you ask me. And bards don't need the leg up. . .
    Basoosh, napo, Mes and 1 other person like this.
  10. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

If you set a pet on someone, it should go through the gate if they caste one. Saying it s grief is like saying setting a pet on someone that could kill them in 3 seconds, is also grief. a what point do you stop? trammel?

Simple fact is there are risks vs rewards whenever step out of town. just like the Dexter who fights with expensive slayer weapons. at what point do you stop taking all these risks away?

How about gating in front of a red getting sent to town? is this not grief as well? maybe reds should never pass through a gate if the other side is a town.
    Vishakt and El Horno like this.
  11. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I wish this mechanic was active here. Tamers have all the tools in their toolbelts to deal with this as well (bonded pets, pet summoning crystal balls, and commands such as all follow me, all stay, all stop.)
    Jupiter likes this.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I definitely look forward to gate-botting champ spawns into my keep with half a dozen marble elementals trapped in there. Not only that but it should be a ton of fun to gate out the tames of tamers in training while they're AFK at Jhelom bulls.

Man, what was I thinking. This should definitely be implemented, lest we lose sight of perfection!
  13. napo

napo Well-Known Member

now that you're part of bart's crew I can't tell if you're being ironic or not
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The word is sarcastic and I'm not sure what you mean by "part of bart's crew".
    Bart and I have been friends since before this shard launched and that's not changing regardless of what does or doesn't happen in stupid pixelworld. It's still rather mind boggling how often you put him on blast when you're basically identical in your nefarious actions in game. Maybe you're just bent out because fewer people hate him than they do you.

*shrugs*
  15. napo

napo Well-Known Member

I don't shit on newbies and I don't backstab/loot friends.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You definitely shit on newbies, just not in the exact scenario he does, but I'll leave that for you to think long and hard about.

As for backstabbing and looting friends, can you do the world a favor and get one of them to speak up about it? The reason I ask is because you're fabricating shit based on the wive's tales you ladies ramble on about without actually being privy to any relevant information.
  17. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Really?
    Feel free to peruse my character histories to find a place where I've shit on newbies. They're all public.

The only newbies I shit on are com and tb.

They're all dead and looted. Kali, Mutombo, the idoc crew - there's a trail of looted corpses behind bart. Amfekk or Joshius is probably next.

Anyway, I just dropped by to make a funny little comment since you're a pking shitbag now. I thought it was funny that you were saying stuff like that. Don't take it so seriously.
    I'm not sure why people are even bumping this thread anymore, pet gating is obviously not going to happen.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, Kali quit and gave her stuff away to a whole bunch of people. Bart is a friend of hers and her son and as far as I'm aware, still in touch and on good terms.
    We both literally just hung out with Mutombo, in person, he bought me beer and we didn't even sell his boots on eBay, even though they were pretty fancy and he left them behind on accident. Funny he never mentioned bart backstabbing him or looting him.
    The IDOC crew was a mess of account sharing nonsense and the most affected member was Timbo, still on good standing and good friends with bart.

There's a trail of You Don't Know What the Fuck You're Talking about....running down your leg.

The newbies you shit on were sitting in a keep getting resist training when you abused a little known but very serious bug to disrupt the event for them and killed a bunch of innocent newbies. Keep patting yourself on the back for it.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and acknowledging that I PK. I did when I rolled with you guys, before that, and currently. I just never cared much for it and still don't. I spend more time ressing folks or healing their horses than I do actually killing them. As long as you sleep more soundly at night pretending like I've sunk to your pathetic levels, we're all winning I guess.
  19. napo

napo Well-Known Member

haha
    You haven't let him into your houses yet, have you?
    There's a reason for that.

Anyway, don't worry, Blaise. You'll never be on my level.
    You should really own it now that you've joined the scamming pack of PKs, though. You still don't seem to understand that it's not your behavior I take issue with, it's your hypocrisy.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  20. TheBreadman

TheBreadman Member

Stop the personal attacks and lets get back on point.

The fact is there is ZERO reason not to allow gating of bonded pets.

As it is not like they can't be recovered with required items., gate followed, told to stop.

This is one of the reasons server is so unbalanced for tamers,. that was a risk they had to take going out to dungeons that they would be trapped without their dragons.

Are we going to remove stealing of weapons in dungeons? regs? bandages? is this not all griefing as well?

gating dragons out is just a criminal action just like many things. it is nearly impossible to gate someones dragon without going gray.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Nerull and Ragar like this.