Pirate Tamer Voyage - Summer Ocean Event!!!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Keza, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Another event? this ones only just starting. But I am sure there will be others down the road :)
    Blacklow, Minax and Zyler like this.
  2. Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh Well-Known Member

I hope this event goes a long time! I haven’t had a chance to participate in it but excited to get home from this work trip and go hunting. Thanks for putting it on!
    Blacklow and Keza like this.
  3. Jim Harbaugh

Jim Harbaugh Well-Known Member

Keza, is there a chance you could also announce the launch of new boats on here too?
  4. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

hmm, I will stick with IRC for now. Would create a lot of forums spam, I have launched 30 boats so far. Most encounters go unreported on the forums or IRC which is what I expected.

At the moment they are being found more quickly do to the mass fishing. Still one or two active pirate boats at any given time.
  5. k1w1uk

k1w1uk Well-Known Member

The fishing tournament was slow going out on the Koi Skiff, as the days dragged on, I resorted to scanning my locality.
    What was this? I'm a long way from shore I shouldn't be tracking dragons.
    Quickly I called on the mystic arts and opened a gate to my local stables, I needed some protection, Unsure of what it was I was facing I even put out a call to a friend and his pets.
    We manoeuvred closer , hugging the server line at the top of the world we crawled along the sides of the Cresent Mountains and continued Eastwards when suddenly I spotted a Pirate ship, with two ferocious Dragon Beasts on board, apparently the pirates had been bored with the life at sea and decided to waste time at the Jhelom pens. I unleashed my pets Sham and Rock, fresh from destroying Leprechauns, and they tore into the Pirates, my Colleague focused on the dragons and together we laid the dastardly crew to rest.
    I boarded their ship and rifled through their belongings not forgetting to carve the leather from the dragon carcases( you never know when this will come in handy)
    and made my way to the hatch. A treasure fit for a king met my eyes, Holiday coins (9 in number) gold, a hair change deed and sculpting wax, treasure maps and selection of wands. I couldn't leave this cache behind, It would have been considered rude. Monteith_5-4_18.12 (2).jpg
    Smok_5-4_19.34 (2).jpg
    If I am lucky enough to find another dastardly pirate ship I hope it might contain one of those extremely pretty fishing rods.
    Zyler and Miami like this.
  6. Tobias the Brigand

Tobias the Brigand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

ARR Filthy Landlubbers!

Our pirate tamer brothers are being hunted like animals on the high seas! The animal swine be he who walk on dry land! LET THIS BE A WARNING, ALL SCUM WHO DARE HUNT OUR PIRATE BROTHERS BE MEETING THE SAME FATE AS HOLLYWOOD!

DragonTamers.png
  7. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lol yea I was not prepared for the insane back and forth controlling of that boat. Came back and could not find it again. Checked in that entire region too.
  8. Tobias the Brigand

Another filthy land lubber joins Davey Jones! STAY OUT OF OUR WATERS! ARR! No Escape.png
    JohnShade, Zyler, PaddyOBrien and 2 others like this.
  9. Tobias the Brigand

These fishermen WAS WARNED! Lesson learned, TO DAVEY JONES WITH BOTH OF THESE SCALLYWAGS!

To Davey Jones.png
  10. Paxenon

Paxenon Active Member

Well played Sir Tobias! I especially liked the "Extend thy plank and be resurrected!" Har Har, a real pint of grog that one! Also, the whole "pretend to log" while hiding hoping that my escaped fisherman (the one with all the loot btw) was likewise a treat, and the "pretend to leave the area and then return" ruses also had me enjoying the free unsolicited entertainment.

I do hope you enjoyed all of the glorious loot you could reach, and that you spend it well. I'm pretty sure there was at least a piece of horned leather or two for your troubles =)

What a cool shard we have when buccaneers such as yourself roam the high seas!
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Zyler likes this.
  11. Tobias the Brigand

Paxenon,

I be crossing paths with many of you land lubbers. Others can be vouching for me that we do not dry loot corpses. Those who die a clean death and have given their soul's to Davey Jones, shall be resurrected. If dragon's or pets be at risk of killing me fellow sailors, or being killed by - then we sail on. For your corpse, no loot was taken matey. As I could not reach it! WE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE HIGH SEAS BE TAKING ONLY WHAT WE NEED, and any gold that we may reach of course! No pirate can resist the shiny booty.

You also be finding should you landlubber's slay the crew of one of our ships, a plank remains unlocked for you scum to board. The booty be yours, BUT ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK as none have survived a close encounter with our fleet!

ARR!
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  12. tjenerro

tjenerro New Member

Thanks for the fun! I found this one off the coast of Magincia. I admit I did get a little nervous as another ship full of orc mages or bombers floated by while taking this on.

Attached Files:

Miami, JohnShade and Zyler like this.
  13. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

Tobias is a bad ass
    Zyler likes this.
  14. shovel

shovel Member

Random encounter in the seas southeast of serpents hold

Attached Files:

JohnShade likes this.
  15. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

I respect those organized spell icons sir!
    Zyler and shovel like this.
  16. shovel

shovel Member

I stumbled across this rowdy bunch around the Bucc's den way. They had their dragons throwing flame into the air and causing a ruckus. As I drew closer I saw that they were having a party, at least until they saw us. They tried to draw their swords but they were so drunk they forgot they didn't have their pants on. It was a rather gruesome spectacle after that. They had spilt so much liquor that the dragons caught the deck on fire when they aimed for us and the rest for us was just a cleanup. Sad day for the pirate tamers on the party barge.

Attached Files:

17. shovel

shovel Member

I had found a message in a bottle that was pleading for help from a family that was being attacked by a group of pirates that had dragons for pets! The message gave me some coordinates close to Serpent's Hold so I packed my hold with enough provisions and rum to get me there. The winds were favorable and the weather nice as we made our way there. As we neared the location we spotted the jolly roger floating above the crows nest of a ship that I had to assume was the cause for the hastily scrawled message. As they set upon us we put everything we had into it and came out victorious with a lot of blood, sweat, and perseverance. Sadly, we never found the ship with the family aboard, but we found Minax's Black Heart in the pirate hold. With such an item in the pirate possession it was no wonder they were extremely formidable!

Attached Files:

18. Tobias the Brigand

ARR! A heinous crime you have committed on the high seas. Be warned Shovel, your days be numbered!
    Miami and PaddyOBrien like this.
  19. Rockers

Rockers Active Member

I have advice for anyone that stumbles upon one of these. Don't die :)
    2019-05-08_1446.png
    Zyler likes this.
  20. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Loot report:

non-execeptional Verite Katana
    9 Holiday coin
    upload_2019-5-10_22-54-22.png
    Miami, Keza and Zyler like this.