Platinum System Discussion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

They're decorative items, IMO no different to hued blessed lanterns and could be a part of a sweet bank sitting tram set, I don't think anyone would be using them for any other purpose.
    El Horno likes this.
  2. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

Sell cub coins in the plat store, for courtyard sanitizing, extra character slots, moats etc
    Arawn and Earsnot like this.
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Why even bother to let any weapons be blessed. If not runics nobody will use for combat, and nobody probably WANTS blessed weapons in combat (faction blessing is already annoying enough though fortunately very expensive and temporary). Nobody is going to run around using their blessed Leprachanator axe or whatever. Those weapons aren't good, they are just "rares". Let's stop with the "blessing everything worth stealing" thing.
    Daggoth likes this.
  4. Daggoth

Daggoth Active Member

I enjoy stealing the odd high end slayer wep, worth reasonable money and those aren't GM. Sure it's a very rare opportunity to actually steal (not house loot) high end slayer or unique weapons, but people mess up and the chance that might happen makes the thief game much better. Think about how disarm thieves and pks are effected by this also.
  5. snap dragon

You probably would have really enjoyed UOR in 2013/14 when there wasn't 900 guards around every bank, stealing success chances were default, instead of nerfed, gold wasn't double the weight it should be, stack stealing wasn't nerfed, good weapons were actually used and people actually farmed on dexers, there were no instances to be safe in, and nearly all rares were stealable even those trophies that now are 10 stones.
    Hoominaga likes this.
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I think it the ability to bless rare items would be more beneficial towards thieves. How often do they get to steal a rare weapon, but give them the ability to bless something like a dagger for possible improved roleplay (for some):

daggers.PNG

Like @snap dragon said, nobody is going to be running around using a Leprachanator axe or whatever for PvP or even PvM and yes I know your point was for opposing the ability to bless them. But why not bring them out to be seen for roleplay and other player satisfaction instead of making players feel like their only option is to lock it down in a house. I see them no different than I do sandals, clothing or any other wearables with the small exception of the pitiful damage they do which makes them useless. Thieves and Lockpickers get much more use out of Boots of the Rogue than anyone does with rare weapons. I'm not saying lets go bless all weapons, but I really don't think this is a bad idea at all and is actually more beneficial to everyone and not just one particular group.
    El Horno likes this.
  7. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Plus they wouldn't spawn newbied, thieves could still steal them.
  8. snap dragon

You can already just go to an event center and trade in total safety, but imagine you caught the rare 1/10000 chance where two people are trading a Leprachanator Axe at a relatively quiet town bank, and after the trade they don't bank immediately and wait 30 seconds or so (because items are nonstealable for nearly 20 seconds after being in ANY trade window, another UOR thief nerf..) and with all those stars aligning in a world where there is practically nothing to steal except for 10 mandrake from a pvper, you have this amazing chance. And now it's blessed.

No thanks, that is not the UO I want to play. As it is not, it's basically impossible to steal something like this if the owner has literally any common sense. But there is still A CHANCE, a tiny one, but there is a CHANCE. Take that away by nerfing one item at a time and you guys mine as well just turn on trammel rules, but allow PKing, because that is what the server is turning into. Trammel with PvP allowed.

You're giving a roleplayer the opportunity to do something they could "roleplay using a gm weapon" anyway with, and removing the entire purpose of playing a totally different but equally important class.
    LanDarr and Hoominaga like this.
  9. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

But if all your after in a never gunna happen chance, it still would exist, that is, until they decided to newbie it, and even then there is a chance, make that mother fucker red and kill him. That is something you could execute :)
  10. Hollywood

Can't imagine that because i wouldn't be playing the game for a 1/10000 chance. I enjoy day to day content, not the reliance on someone's lack of competence in trade and my 1/1,000,000 chance of being in the right place at the right time on the right character to steal a rare weapon.
  11. Daggoth

Daggoth Active Member

It's a playstyle choice for sure. I enjoy running around looking for chances. I like the social aspects of it as well as the rush when something good goes down. I would hope that those chances don't get diminished for the sake of vanity. We have plenty of that here.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  12. Hollywood

Yup, and as much as I don't understand the desire to play the class, it has a place in UO and I wouldn't ever argue to get rid of stealing. I guess I'm looking at it from an overall player satisfaction and the very small, tiny chance of a steal like that happening doesn't outweigh the positives of a plat sink and giving players the ability to add some extra to their wardrobe/ role playing.

neira's bloodied sword or a skeletal blood knights cutlass- for fishers/ pirates would look great imo too

But will drop out of this convo for now on this thread as I don't believe it would ever come to happen on UOR. I just thought it was a great idea from El Horno!
    Daggoth likes this.
  13. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

I'd like CY lockdowns brought back - they were 25 plat. That's a good plat sink.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Creager, Pill and Daggoth like this.
  14. StarScream

StarScream Well-Known Member

I like this.... but.
    Have two different types of "Pardon Scrolls" one will remove a single murder count ( rare drop in a lvl 5-6-7 Tmap chest and/or plat reward ) and the other will be a more powerful version removing all murder counts ( plat vendor only and very expensive ) .

This is currently used on uo.com.
  15. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Agree with Snap on stealing being needed almost into extinction

Back to Plat - "Gnomish ElectoPlating Tub" Hue your weapon just how you like it...
    One and StarScream like this.
  16. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    LanDarr likes this.
  17. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  18. snap dragon

Cool more vendors to bot/camp!

Why not have vendors stock some required item (for plat if you must), but then allow one of the crafter skills to actually assemble the "paint" with %chance to get each color. (Alchemy, though cooking probably better, whatever is least profitable) Now there is no reason to camp vendors, and there still are rare colors.

So like, vendor sells a "weapon dye mixing basin" for X number of plat. Then a cooking skill guy uses it along with some other junky items that can come from monsters. Like most enemies drop acorns or something, but harder enimies drop blueberries (just hue a single coin or something blue) at a much lower drop chance. Then when the cook crafts the item, even if use a blueberry they don't automatically get a cool blue color. Maybe it fails and creates brown sometimes, other times it makes a crappy blue color, and other rare times they can make a really desirable blue. Using acorn makes brown always. Using a melon can fail and make brown, make a red, or rarely make a desirable red hue, and so on.

Now you got people wasting plat in a plat sink on stupid items, other people out farming stupid fruit and whatever, and worthless crafting skill put to good use, and "rarity" collectors are happy to collect weapon die tubs like they are pokemon. No instances please.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    One, Rextacy and Earsnot like this.
  19. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

Maybe this has already been suggested, I don't want to go through and read the whole thing.

Would be cool to introduce eterial dye tubs for a high cost - something like 500 or more plat. I have a feeling colored mounts is going to be more of a thing considering we have seen them at two different events this year. Wouldn't want to conflict too much with the hues that will be introduced through that method, but it would be good to see a limited bunch of hues as dye.
    Pill likes this.
  20. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Ethy wolf / Ethy polar bear please.

Usable items. No more / less shiny pixels with little to no actual use other than decor.
    One and Earsnot like this.