PLS do something with town chests filled with items that can't be stolen. And they do not reset!

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by tallbib, Feb 6, 2023.

1. tallbib

tallbib New Member

I like to play as treasure hunter. I started on UOR just two months ago. And as I trained Lockpicking and Removing traps I noticed that there a lot of lockable trapped chests in towns that filled with items that could not be stolen. And such chests do not reset with time. Especially this is annoying when in such chests some low lvl rares spawn. Like chests in Serpent's Hold weapon smith shop. Just look at this screenshot taken in Brit Warriors Guild. ALL these chests are bugged.
    upload_2023-2-6_17-23-47.png
    Buga and San like this.
  2. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Urban Legend... it doesnt work that way here. The only thing that stops a semi rare from spawning is if the last rara that spawned was never grabbed and is still there
  3. tallbib

tallbib New Member

No, it simply does not work at all. Because no one can steal/take/remove content of these chests - items inside are too heavy. So if idea was to provide players with chest they can loot, its implementation went wrong. And stay wrong.
  4. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

You started off with "I like to play as treasure hunter" with the follow up "Especially this is annoying when in such chests some low lvl rares spawn"

This situation does not happen in chests that ALSO spawn low level rares.

I checked the chests with the mundane items in them as you seem to think useful stuff will spawn in there if only the heavy stuff were gone... There are NO spawners in those chests that would replenish them with worthless items.

But rather than let that be the end of it and just say you are incorrect. Lets run an experiment...

I have EMPTIED all the chests of the mundane items and put them into a single box. Check back regularly and let us know if anything "useable" or "Stealable" spawned in those chests. Please include a screenshot.

upload_2023-6-14_7-53-37.png
  5. tallbib

tallbib New Member

I think you did not got my point correctly,,,
    Chests in warriors guild always "respawned" with common items, not low lvl rares, that can be stolen. Beside this they were retrapped with traps of different difficulty. This room was very useful to train Detect Hidden skill because of the lots of traps nearby. And to train Remove traps skill. And to train stealing too. And today I got loot ftom them that I sold for 1504 gold coins. So when they stopped respawn due to the load that can't be stolen this functionality was greatly reduced. And I sincerily beleive that it was not intended in this way.
    upload_2023-6-14_18-36-38.png
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  6. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Verified that low level stuff does spawn through code and not an XML spawner. Bug is now proven and not a hypothesis. UOR is not an exact recreation of OSI from the same era.

Since it does not impact spawning rares, it probably was not given any priority. Since this low level respawn is handled through code and not an XML spawner, it can only be addressed by a code change. @Chris is the only one with access to the code to make any changes.

Thank you for your report.
    tallbib likes this.
  7. tallbib

tallbib New Member

On the other hand there are 2 chests in Serpents Hold that can contain low lvl rares in them, but they are constatly blocked with heavy items. And this is a common problem for all such chests in the game.
    Thank you a lot that you started to resolve this problem.
    upload_2023-6-14_18-44-21.png
    upload_2023-6-14_18-44-39.png
  8. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I will go to Serps and verify...
  9. Fenrir

Fenrir Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Spawning rare doesnt happen in this box
    upload_2023-6-14_11-51-51.png

Spawning rare does not happen in this box either

upload_2023-6-14_11-53-9.png

Spawning rares on UOR happen through XML spawners. neither chest contains an XML spawner (visible to certain staff levels only)