PvM Dexxer Build - OssyTank

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Keza, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

@Duke19 I use a very similar template on Keza Axer but with less healing and tactics. Reason being, 90 healing is 100% success if your fingers dont slip, and tactics at 100 or 125 is all the same. Hope this helps you.
    One likes this.
  2. Duke19

Duke19 Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Purposely left it off because Keza's build is for someone who doesn't want GM taming. Can only use forest ostards then, but that's fine.
  3. Desolate

Desolate Active Member

Thought about starting new thread but remembered this one so hoping I can still get an answer even though no one has posted in almost a year.

Wanted to know if there was a certain minimum taming you can have to have control over a frenzied ostard with 100 animal lore. I thought I read somewhere about it but couldn't find the information.
  4. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Hmm, this might require some testing. At 100 animal lore you can have pets transferred to you that are un-tamable over wise. I know if you have 70(real skill) in taming and 100 animal lore a frenzied is possible but wont listen to commands 100% of the time.

You'ed need to test it out, for riding one you might be able to go as low as 60 taming... not sure. I do know that the lower your taming, the more they will ignore you.
    One likes this.
  5. Desolate

Desolate Active Member

Thank you for the reply. Could have sworn someone mentioned what you needed before but it was a year or so ago. Probably end up going with colorful forest ostard if it requires too much taming which is no prob. Just goin for style on support character for tamer.
  6. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Forest osty plus scorpion army!
  7. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

@ Desolate

They listen pretty well at 75 shown skill. They did not listen well enough for me at 70 shown, so somewhere between those two numbers. The first time I ossy-tanked (but elsewhere, before this shard even existed) I went with 77.1 simply so I could tame them myself. Since we have pet bonding here I guess that isn't really necessary, but it might be worth picking up those extra points temporarily if, for example, you don't have enough bonding slots and/or want to use multiple ostards for pack instinct.

---

My own pet tank char has been repeatedly nerfed by patches. I'd probably drop taming for anatomy and use a faction horse, even though they are really just meat shields, if I wanted to keep using the same general template (discord macer) and be as effective as possible.
    Keza and David Scraggs like this.
  8. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Discord/Macer sounds interesting but why discord instead of peace making out of curiousness. I had. Peace/dexxer. Boring.
  9. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

You could certainly use another music skill if you like.

Discord effectively damages things for 20% of their total by reducing their max hp, so it is more versatile than peace. For example, if you are at a champ spawn, you can discord everything in sight while you are killing something else. This will help other people clear spawn faster. Also, due to that percentage based damage, landing a discord on a boss mob does a huge amount of damage which speeds up the kill. Debuffs stack with discord as well. If you discord something and then curse or clumsy it you have already greatly reduced its damage output. This means much less time before your weapon drains the remaining stamina. Once that happens you are on easy street no matter what you are fighting. This template works against bosses and with a group. Of course, provo outperforms for solo farming small groups of mobs, but discord is still better than nothing... or peacemaking in terms of gold per hour.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    David Scraggs likes this.
  10. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Holy smokes! Never considered it like that before. Ive never actually done a champ spawn. Are you in a guild? If so are you guys recruiting?
    One likes this.
  11. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

I'm no longer active but I could find you a proper group if you want to try some champs.
  12. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

This is a really neat idea @Keza
    One likes this.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  14. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Yes, it was lifted and nerfed people without anatomy hard, since greater than GM tactics no longer makes up the damage, while buffing people without high tactics. It now makes more sense to cut corners with tactics than it does anatomy, if you must choose one.

Without a tactics weapon, Keza axer, with 80 tactics, actually got buffed from 78ish combat ability to somewhere around 93. Point for point, 100 anatomy adds more damage than 100 tactics if the formula is what it appears to be.

With a tactics weapon the damage is going to be about the same @80, except those extra 20 tactics points would give 5% more base damage. This is going to be more like 2-3% total damage.

Warning: Going by patch notes. Haven't tested.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    One and Keza like this.
  15. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ossytank(s) proving themselves yet again this Easter!

Sorry for spamming the forums with this video but it actually belongs in this thread lol!

Valrick, BlackEye and wylwrk like this.
  16. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The lvl7 Tmap (a cave infested with spiders) has been cleared with my Axer Ossytank build. Had a great time, thanks to @mikek85 for the weapons and thanks to @Evil Dead for their Ironman run on this zone that showed me a few tricks :D

17. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ossytank HYPE! Been busy but I had time to run the lvl7 tmap, a gem filled mine on my Axer Ossytank build. This video is designed to be quicker 10 minute guide on whats in the gem filled mine, hope you enjoy it!

One and wylwrk like this.
  18. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

19. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Haha is for the mention Keez-fresh! These were a big part of my playtime :)
  20. Cretoma

Cretoma Active Member

With archery getting a little love in the latest patch, I'm wondering if archery would be a good option. It seems like it will be fun to play! I need to read up a bit more on bonding ostards.