PvM Dexxer Build - OssyTank

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Keza, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Felt like dusting off my old Ossytank axer for a run through the Dragons Den! Overview of what went down here:

2. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Another victory for my ossytank axer. I may have over prepared for this run :D

3. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Very creative, Keza .Looks fun. Only thing that I'm not crazy about is that you can't have a bandage rolling on yourself as you bandage your pet. I notice sometimes in your videos you run into this problem as well.
  4. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ya, its only a problem once in a while, 98% of my bandages go to the ostard. Its also why I take 90 healing, anything beyond that is kind of a waste when you almost never get hit.
  5. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Make a vet macro! :p
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  6. Serious

Serious Active Member

I am currently running this build without healing and only use magery to heal myself. As Keza mentioned there is very few times where you get hit yourself.
    Seba likes this.
  7. qbradq

qbradq Member

I have been having a lot of fun with an Ossytank build thanks to these videos :) I like putting in a splash of Meditation to help with passive regen during the fight. I find it keeps me in mana for the Bandage / An-Nox combo. Without this Giant Serpents in groups are a real wrinkle in the day.
  8. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Seba likes this.
  9. Paxenon

Paxenon Active Member

Very cool video, as always!

I was wondering, have you ever tried a similar build with magery + some int instead of healing and max str/dex? It seems like when the **** is hitting the fan being able to crank off some max gheals while still bandaging the pet might be effective? You'd lose a little combat effectiveness but could easily get it back with pots and spells when needed, and you'd have the extra utility of magery. Healing just seems like a lot of points to spend when the idea is to have the pet taking all the damage.

I'm in the process of skilling up my ossytank, and am trying to decide on an initial build to play around with. =)

Thanks for sharing these awesome ideas on creative new ways to play!
  10. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Funny you should mention that. I am actually in the process of testing a dexxer /tamer /mage. My character Keza Proto had always used healing but I recently dropped it on the path to GM magery.

Will do a video of that character revamp when I have time. Basically running 89 / 89 / 47 for stats, with GM magery I can bless that to 100/100/58 for a short time. Will also be nice to be able to gate my own pets around.
    Paxenon likes this.
  11. Serious

Serious Active Member

Thats exactly the build I am currently running and it works great so far. I do not miss the healing at all and having magery is an awesome addition. Especially as I will try to replace the ostard with a nightmare and maybe a mare pack in the future it will be useful to be able to gate around.
  12. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I posted a video of doing the AMIB scrolls ossytank style years ago.
    Now days, I have some better slayers and new tricks to do them again as Speed Runs.​
    If you dont know how to make a firebomb its oil cloth [​IMG] + [​IMG] and Liquor.
    jihad joe, Paxenon and Dobby like this.
  13. Jahoda

Jahoda New Member

Reviving this thread, because this is such a great and fun to play build! Thank you @Keza.
    I am currently building my Ossy Tank LJ, that is going to be:
    Sword GM
    LJ GM
    Anatomy GM
    Veterinary GM
    Animal Lore GM
    Tactics 90
    Healing 80 (to be albe to ress)
    Magery 30

If I see that pots and wands are enought to heal myself, might change the healing to tracking or hiding for more fun.

Found a perfect ostard for him with only few points missing to the max HP (146) and max STR (170):
    Doubek_Unknown_1-27_13.22.jpg
    Keza likes this.
  14. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is likely my longest ossytank video ever. Lots adventure, deaths, loot, and fun in the AMIBs.