Re-taming your previously tamed pets

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Dr Jim, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Dr Jim

Dr Jim New Member

I remember that if you owned a horse and it went wild, you would be able to re-tame it with 100% chance of success. Can we make it like this again?
  2. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

That threw me too when I got here and I couldn't re-tame my mount. I just kicked it out of my house and went and bought another.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

But you posers didn't tame the horses yourselves, did you? :)

I think the zero-difficulty only applies if you tamed the creature; buying it from a stablemaster doesn't count as taming.
  4. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

I miss them going wild and bucking me off.....lol.....was really funny when it happened in the middle of PvP......
    Liberation and Gozinya like this.
  5. Dr Jim

Dr Jim New Member

I'm not positive Dalavar, because I have many characters, but I've been taming my own. I keep 11 or so taming with some lore. I've only bought 2 mounts early on, but i know someone gave me a mount recently and that could be it. I might be wrong, I might be right. Maybe Chris wants to chime in? :D
  6. nightshark

nightshark Member

I don't recall ever not being able to retame my own horses on OSI, but it's been a long time since UO:R production.
  7. Gozinya

Gozinya Active Member

I absolutely remember retaming a horse.. regardless of it being tamed by you or not. As long as you owned it, you would be able to retame it.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  8. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Taming a previously tamed pet you haven't tamed yet increases the difficulty +6, also stacks with each retame by a different person each time. If you tamed it originally then you won't fail on a retame. If you buy a mare that's been tamed by someone else and it goes wild, you pretty much need a tame mask to retame. If you bond a creature here you didn't tame but had it transfered to you it will be +6 on top of it's orginal taming difficulty, if it goes wild and you attempt to retame. I've lost dragons that were bonded to me, that I purchased from someone else, during training lost connection they went wild and after an hour plus trying to retame them with a taming mask +3... gave up and killed them off. Figured I was the third tame attempt on the dragons that I've had issues retaming.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014