Recruitment and Requirements

Discussion in '5-finger Discount [5D]' started by Player X, May 13, 2014.

1. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

You are always revealed the moment you use the stealing skill, you don't even need to target something. You won't get the criminal or aggressor flag until you actually target an item though. "Using stealing" is non criminal, and "targeting stealing" can be criminal.

Just like you can "fast cast" a spell, one can also fast-cast targetable skills. So use stealing, but don't target, then wait 10-11 seconds. After this, you can target the stealing, and immediately use+target stealing once more. This won't help you stealth up to someone, but it will help you get 2 fast back to back steal in a small period of time if it's difficult to stand near a moving opponent, or you want to quickly surprise steal something with 2x the chance and make an escape.

Stealing chances are still nerfed here though so don't expect a miracle. You can get the reason why I think stealing is lame here from this post
  2. Zathuel

Zathuel Active Member

Do you guys accept and teach/train new thief’s? I’m currently making one and have never played it and don’t know simple things like where and how to join the thieves guild to steal from players,npcs etc
  3. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No, 5D isn't existing anymore.

You can learn most basic things in IRC by asking in the main channel #Renaissance. And also Goggle is your friend for thief introductions. Once you have some basics, you simply start thieving and get experience. Once you get to that point, get in touch with vet thieves for example.
  4. Zathuel

Zathuel Active Member

Ok ty
  5. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

Hello Sir, old 5D member here. I'm currently not active much in the game but if you want to PM me any questions here on the forum I'll try to help ya out.

My best advise is to get about 100 guardwhacks under your belt. You'll learn a lot.
    Alvien, JimmyTheHand and One like this.
  6. Zathuel

Zathuel Active Member

Lol
  7. Caor Reod

Caor Reod New Member

Still guys active and around?
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Active and around. But not as 5D anymore. The guild wasn't really needed anymore, and there was a viable alternative back then for the more experienced thieves.