Renaissance 2013 House Decor Contest #2

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Sep 5, 2013.

1. newme

newme Well-Known Member

This is my entry for unique design element. I used turkey feathers to appear as a rack to hold the extra fishing poles. thanks Westra

This is my entry for the Small House category: My little fishing hut. Debra enjoy tucking cold feet under the fur carpet after a long day at sea. Reminding her of the family history, Great Grandmother Joannah portrait hangs upon the wall. The fishing net acts as a grand door mat, catches all the "muck" when wiping feet and easy to clean with a bucket of water. Horseshoes for luck holds a place of honor by the door. Hope you all enjoy Best: Westra

Attached Files:

2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Wow. nice work. Glad you decided to make this your "first game world"

:) Westra
  3. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Ok guys & gals...this is a big one! I hope you enjoy all the screenshots for my entry in the Massive House Category!

[​IMG]
    Top deck is storage, but I figured I'd spruce it up a bit! :p

[​IMG]
    Around the outer hallways you'll notice a theme of showing off items I've collected from the various Holiday events. I figured the front would be a great spot for the most recent, our 1 year anniversary! Also plat, because...yeah, plat.

[​IMG]
    Fancy dining area.

[​IMG]
    Halloween/Christmas 2012.

[​IMG]
    Winery!

[​IMG]
    St. Patty's Day/Valentines Day 2012. (Thanks Blaise!)

[​IMG]
    Alchemy Lab!

[​IMG]
    Tailoring Room!

[​IMG]
    Sapphire Falls! (Please see Jupiter's short stories for a full understanding.) http://i.imgur.com/Qx6dgRs.jpg?1

[​IMG]
    Kitchen!

[​IMG]
    Vineyard and cozy hideaway.

[​IMG]
    The Death Spire!

[​IMG]
    Bar and Game Room!

[​IMG]
    Starting off the bottom floor is the Tinker Room and Barber Shop with Artists Delight.

[​IMG]
    Blades of Honor.

[​IMG]
    Smithing Corner!

[​IMG]
    Stable and Cursed Armor Path.

[​IMG]
    Library and Sleeping Quarters.

[​IMG]
    Bathroom WITH Vanity!

[​IMG]
    Main Floor with not one, but TWO couches...The leather one is strictly for the ladies! *WINK*

...Ahem, ermmm, yes. Well if you made it this far I thank you for sticking with me and I hope you've seen something you like! :)

The screenshots are too spread out to show one image, but I'd also like to include my Waterfall/Moat combination for the "Unique Design Element".

Thanks for your time and consideration! Happy Deco'ing!

[​IMG]
    (A HUGE Thanks to Jupiter for putting together this AWESOME birds eye view shot!!)
  4. Sideshow123

Sideshow123 New Member

my ill attempt of making a contribution to the festivities!!!
    Small house contest....
    i had this design made up weeks ago just no time to post.. i hope my last min update will pull through with a big ol win!!!! walt invested millions into this new lab... lets hope it pays off

Attached Files:

5. Eisensaft

Eisensaft New Member

wow mob really impressive!!!
  6. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

UNIQUE DESIGN ELEMENT:

FIXED MISTAKE WITH ORIGINAL SKULL SCREENSHOT. HERE IS THE NEW ONE:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

Entering the "massive" category. I only started to decorate yesterday, and most of you know I started up again like 6 days ago from scratch. This home is super incomplete, but figured I might as well get into the competition anyways :)

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS DECORATION THAT THE AVERAGE UO PLAYER CAN ACCOMPLISH, NOT SOME SHOWBOATING OF MASSIVE RARE PILES.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added a second fur to the lower right room:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  9. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

My Final Entry! For the Small Category. Some of you may notice this is the same Small Tower I entered last year, however I have switched up the theme dramatically. :)

Anyways...may I introduce West Britannia's First Aquarium!

On the bottom floor we have Crustaceans on display from the shores of Trinsic, and a large tank full of Guppies freshly caught from the pond near East Brit Bank.

[​IMG]

On the second level we have a school of Deep Sea Brae fish caught in the deep waters off of, you guessed it! Skara Brae! Along with Britannia's ONLY known captive Jelly Fish, donated by a man who claims to have found them north of Minoc.

[​IMG]

And on the top floor we have both a male, and two female sharks, reeled in near the coast of Dagger Island!
    (Shark feedings are held daily at 9:15a sharp. Shark dives are held for groups only, for special reservation tickets please inquire at the front desk upon arrival.)

[​IMG]

The West Britannia Aquarium is open Mon-Fri from 9:30a - 3p, and Sat-Sun from 10a-5p.

Admission for Adults is 50 gold.
    Kids get in FREE!
    Special Discounts for Seniors and Members of the True Britannians are available.
  10. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

This house is designed to be used with plenty of open space to move around and accommodate people. It's also 100% secure; everything is locked down or behind a barrier.

Entrance
    UO:R's original hydroponic vinyard is still in operation on the 2 turrets. At the entrance are 2 containers under the tall candelabras for hidden storage.
    [​IMG]

Sally-port
    The courtyard is 100% secure as it's walled off from the outside. The small confines of the sally-port thwarts stealthers and makes for easy restocking with everything in reach. This little room is expanded by a couple tiles by placing the chests inside the doorway.
    [​IMG]

Dining Room
    Now that we have carpets, the first real rare I found here can be properly displayed. Also, I finally found a table that fits a whole hog (9x3 marble table). At the entrance, the pure white furs conceal a one way door, ensuring that anyone inside the house can't access the courtyard. Drinks and hors d'oeuvers are adjacent to the main dining table
    [​IMG]

Laboratory
    [​IMG]

East Bedroom
    [​IMG]

West Bedroom
    [​IMG]

Alchemist
    [​IMG]

Salon
    A comfortable place to kick back and play a game. The chest wall is secured by a lockdowns, making full use of these tall ceilings.
    [​IMG]

Crypt
    My take on a compact graveyard. As space is limited, only a few graves are "active". Decorative urns hold the remains of those long past.
    [​IMG]

Rodeo and Bullfights
    My entry for "unique design element" is this multi-purpose arena. Here it's configured for a rodeo. By removing the hay and plowing the dung it can quickly be configured for PVP. The stands are all functional and there's even a hidden room under the stands for farming sheep in the off season.
    [​IMG]
  11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How do you actually get into the fortress - doesn't cloth block recalling into the courtyard? Do you unlock a chest out of that wall to get by?
  12. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Muotmbo's Entry for Massive House ---- The MUTOMB-KEEP *Drum Roll*

Welcome to the Mutomb-Keep, home of the incans. Some of you might know I love llamas and I'm obsessed with my dog, Mutombo IRL. The statues in the front of my keep reflect this.

[​IMG]

Welcome to my living area and custom bar! Pull up a seat in front of my warm fire and admire my hunting trophies on the wall as we heartily swap war stories over a nice glass of mead.

[​IMG]

Here is my archery training room!

[​IMG]

This is where I take the ladies for after hours fun entertainment!!

[​IMG]

Here is my tailoring room where I craft the finest tapestries and superb armor!

[​IMG]

This is my storage/mud room. After a long day in the field, it is sometimes appropriate to take off your dirty shoes and sweaty armor before entering the Mutomb-Keep!! <-- entry unique design element

[​IMG]

Here is my library, scribe, treasure mapping room. Many a great quest have started here!

[​IMG]

Here is the storage chambers. If my house ever falls and you want magic weapons, aim for these containers!

[​IMG]

This is my kitchen where some of the grandest banquets are prepared by my household knaves.

[​IMG]

Oh and what a banquet they have prepared for us today!

[​IMG]

This is the mighty BoD forgery. This is where I spend most of my time on this game. BoDs are evil.

[​IMG]

This is the Mutomb-Keep roof

[​IMG]

--------------------------

Thank you for touring the mighty Mutomb-Keep with me and please stop on by and visit the adjacent Tater Memorial Rune Library and vendor house. Do not hesitate to come say hello but do not be surprised if I am slaving away at BoDs!
  13. Azguard

Azguard Member

Wouldn't this make all entries after HateCrime to little to late?
  14. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

No, cloth doesn't block recall. The only things that block recall are things that would block regular movement as well (tables, crates, chests, etc).
  15. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

It can show 4:16a all it wants, my last submission was placed before 12a EST on 10/05. I was late to the champ spawn as a result! And I was simply honoring my own timezones "deadline".
  16. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Last chance to get your house posted if you have not done so already.

I will be setting up the voting threads this evening.
  17. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Winners are now posted. Congrats to all the winners of the 2013 House decor contest!
  18. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

I want to offer congratulations to not only the winners, but all participants of the contest.

Every single one of you deserves recognition for the time and energy spent on your entries. The creativity and ingenuity displayed during this contest surpasses trophies. Everyone who submitted an entry deserves a round of applause.

I can't wait to see what we all come up with next year.

[​IMG]
  19. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This was a terrific contest! I am beyond impressed with how much fun this was. I think I kept watching the updates and actually kept hoping some houses would beat mine.

I've never really put much effort into house decoration beyond 'functional' (i.e. organized lewts boxes), but this contest really made me stretch.

Congrats to all everyone on UOR for pulling this off!