Renaissance Guide to GM Stealing

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Markos, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Seba

Seba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I haven't heard of that before. I'd be interested in knowing too. I don't have a character with carto + stealing to test myself
  2. krowa

krowa Member

In case you see message like: This guild is for cunning thieves, not oafish cutthroats this means you need to have 0 long murder counts :D
  3. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

Heya!

I was just friended to a house and am currently inside of it, trying to run this macro. Unfortunately, when I put the bag on the ground (the bag containing the bag containing the bottles) I receive the message "You can't steal that", and nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? do I need to steal from another character of mine?

Thanks!
  4. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

@Celeste Lunaris Have you tried a different number of bottles? Maybe weight vs real skill is the factor?
  5. Celeste Lunaris

Celeste Lunaris Member

Ohp! I did a dumb. Put the bag in a locked down container and steal it from there. I was putting it directly on the floor.
    FartBarf likes this.
  6. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

I think the guide said that it didn't have to be locked down. That could be the source of the confusion.
  7. Tanke

Tanke New Member

Hello!

I suppose that this ability has changed the way to raise it a little since then until now because it is supposed that up to 60 you can join the thieves guild you cannot steal from players, so up to 60 you have to raise it stealing from npcs?
  8. Tanke

Tanke New Member

Ooook! :D
    from 50 to 60 stealing i found a faster way to do it than i did before.
    Instead of running through bucaners den stealing chests and npcs, stealing a pack horse, drop it and get it back with another character using scavenger.
    when i reach 60 i will join the thieves so i think it will be easier doing it directly to characters :)
  9. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

so, my thief is suspended from the guild, and i am not allowed to steal anymore, how do i fix that?
  10. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Since this guide could do with a bit of an update for razor script support here you go. Essentially this boils down to just a whole lot of while loop chunks for each skill level and logic in between to increase the amount of bottles inside the pouch you're stealing.

Code:
    while skill 'stealing' < 15
      # pause for world save
      if insysmsg 'world will save'
      overhead 'WORLD SAVING'
      wait 30000
      endif
      skill 'stealing'
      waitfortarget
      target 'stealbag'
      wait 11000
      organizer 1
      wait 1000
    endwhile
    restock 2
    waitfortarget
    target 'bottlebag'
    wait 1000
    organizer 2
    wait 1000
    The script will go from 0 with a pouch (they weigh only 1 stone as opposed to other containers). The only setup this expects before execution is an organizer agent (1) with pouches, an organizer agent (2) with bottles, and a restock agent (2) with 1 bottle. The hotbags will be set at the start of the script.

Code:
    overhead 'Target the bag you want to steal'
    setvar 'stealbag'
    organizer 2 'set'
    waitfortarget
    target 'stealbag'
    overhead 'Target the bag holding your stock of bottles'
    setvar 'bottlebag'
    overhead 'Target the bag holding your steal bag'
    setvar 'holdbag'
    organizer 1 'set'
    waitfortarget
    target 'holdbag'
    As stated in the original post, the 'holdbag' (the container holding the pouch you're trying to steal) can just be on the ground in a house, doesn't have to be locked down. You can use this script with the pack horse method as well (the 'holdbag' in this case is the pack horse). Since I didn't see this mentioned in here, if you want to use the pack horse method and not flag gray, join a guild and have the pack horse guard you. That will flag the pack horse as "green" to you, allowing for gray-free training.

Link to the complete script:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvbuplX-ppEmFIQFHUs4HZ0IeOpSJCET/view?usp=sharing

Note: If you need to restart the script, make sure you empty the bag you're stealing before starting again. The script should automatically refill the bag to the proper amount of bottles.

P.S.: This script took my toon from 0 to 95 stealing in 24 hours.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Ghul and Izikiel Rage like this.