Restore peace in mining caves.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, May 19, 2015.

1. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah dude, I don't mind some caves having it. There's a ton of caves that don't get mined nearly as often as those around Minoc. Minoc is a mining and blacksmith community and historically always has been. The mines in Covetous mountains are ideal because they are already chocked full of spawn so it's very fitting down there.
  3. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised anyone is complaining about this, I wouldve been more for turning the spawns up than down, but as usual blaise gets his way for whatever reason
  4. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I totally support Blaise (for a mere sum of 1000 shovels in any colors, valorite prefered, thx).

Apart from that, how long, till I can farm bullfrogs south of Papua again? Dirty tamers... *equips his bong mask and disappears with a ninja cookie*PUFF*PUFF*PUFF*
    Basoosh likes this.
  5. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Please don't. I've only seen two of these trolls since they've been added and that was within the first week. As far as I'm concerned, they don't exist. Please don't make golems extinct too.

Also, do garg shovels and pickaxes spawn different things? I've been using the pickaxes but it only spawns elementals, never a golem.
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

correct, picks will pull up elementals, shovels will pull up golems.
    Baine likes this.
  7. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

Pros cons of each?
  8. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Elementals can be ore, stone, sandstone or marble.
    Golems are just ore but also have a chance to drop a statuette.
    MikeK likes this.
  9. El Horno

MikeK likes this.
  10. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm one of the ones that like golems (I think it's easier to kill them for stacks of ore than to mine it manually) it might mess up your recall macros, but I think that was the point, plus I've gotten a plat drop from one, and the statue drops are cool (though I haven't gotten one yet) if any change went in, I wish the timer was reduced to what it was originally and on prodo. I feel like it takes forever now, it's just stupid mining, let us hold down an fkey and power mine like champs with no annoying delays!
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, this is just a conversation and nothing has changed. Assume more, for whatever reason.
  12. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Does this look like an assumption to you, furor?
  13. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I am going with Telamon in that he has most likely had mutliple PMs from people with the same suggestion.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

No, it looks like not what I suggested at all. Thanks for playing, dipshit.
  15. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that change was made based on your claim that they were instantly respawning, and by the look of this thread I'd say most of the player base would rather see the timers decreased. Perhaps if you can't handle mining you should stay in your keep and bake some ziti.
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  16. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

What's your deal? This is a conversation about mining, leave the faction hate and outside grudges at the door. There's no need to bring all that madness into yet another thread. If you disagree with Blaise, which in this case I do, just say so.
  17. Worm

Worm Member

I dont have a large keep or any ziti

Ore golems / elems concentrated in one spot does not deter recall mining. The problem has been fixed by adding delays. Remove the elems and return the prosperous town of Minoc to its original glory (I do not care about the other locations).
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I don't even want to Recall mine anymore. The only reason I did in the past was that a friend asked me to build the macro. Once I did, it was fun to watch in action but really took a lot away from the game, personally. I'm in favor of keeping the Recall restrictions but only asked for the spawn to be removed from the caves, specifically in North Mines.

I mined all three caves last night, on my battle miner with gargoyle pickaxes. I pulled in a fair amount of ingots but I also risked quite a bit more than I would have as a simple miner. I know it's hard for everyone to understand but my suggestion would not remove any significant amount of golems from the world. The vast majority are farmed with the gargoyle shovels and three golems in three caves shouldn't be a hindrance to anyone's statuette farming goals.

I just think it would be nice to run around with my miner with a shovel and a set of tinker's tools, as I have been able to for 15 years+. I never carried heal reagents or bandages or really anything but newbie clothes and pick/shovels, in the past. I had a lot of running back and forth to the forges but that was part of the game to me. I had to fight off about 10 golems last night in the hour that I mined but it's not an issue because I used my battle miner to do it. I built him for farming marble/stone/sandstone, not regular ingots.
  19. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I updated my post since you quoted me, my full statement was that I will allow the golems/elementals to ignore pack animals.

I also found a minor problem in the timing of their spawns that would allow them to spawn 2 golems within a minute of each other. This is being fixed as well. They should spawn, but slowly.
    Arawn and Basoosh like this.
  20. El Horno

PACK.png
    amfeKk likes this.