Shard Advertising - How to help players find Renaissance

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Good thinking @LanDarr

For anyone who wants to post videos of UO:R stuff, feel free to use anything on my youtube channel.

Air, Ranker and wylwrk like this.
  2. Ranker

Ranker New Member

I know this is a 20 year old game, But if games like Runescape can get as many players as it does, there is no reason we can't get a bunch of people who never tried UO, I will be glad to post on FB and tell anyone I know to try it out. Loving it here already.
    Keza likes this.
  3. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I also think we just hit a new population record today. 5 Years after launch.. Pretty amazing. Lots of new people are joining lately. Keep them coming!
    Ranker likes this.
  4. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Perfect shard for Tamers....
  5. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Sheepdog, Hollywood and eherruh like this.
  6. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but you can advertise to your Discord friends that you are playing UOR. Discord doesn't automatically detect the client and so you have to add it, but it is extremely easy:

1. Click on user settings (the small gear in the bottom left of the main Discord window).
    2. On the left side, click on "games"
    3. Look for "Not seeing your game? Add it" and click on "Add it!"
    4. In the drop-down menu, select the Ultima Online client.
    5. Finally, edit the name of the game and add the word "Renaissance"

In case anyone is wondering why there isn't an "official" UOR discord channel; http://uorforum.com/threads/its-2017-uor-should-have-an-official-discord.27429/

I never knew about this shard until summer of 2017 due to some nostalgic searching for Ultima Online music. I would have joined years ago if someone would have told me it was here.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Rextacy likes this.
  7. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Chris, what you think about the shard promote videoconferences with the ancient players of the shard.. i could point some names here but you know them better than me... is always interesting to who is starting see who are the folks behind the characters.
    This kind of content is always more interesting then just gameplay videos.. They could be produced during some specific events.. like pvp events, ctf, zoo scrolls... giving tips directly from the oldies, while the action is happening... i know is hard convince the guys but this could make difference...
    Also some content that have a great appeal is the ones about uo history... testimonials from old players... i think you know where to find the developers of the game... why not to try to ask them to help the shard to produce some content.. this is their most important work for sure...

is that... content... faces, history and grand master tips.. this game have so much to talk about.
    Leopold likes this.