So where are the magic rings, earrings, necklaces?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by CrazyJoe, May 21, 2014.

1. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I tell you what. Why don't you stroll on over to the video thread and search for my videos I posted a while back. You'll see that the majority of my pk kills are all done solo, and even killing people 2v1 on my pk. You can get a good feel of just how little I actually need people to get kills. Hey, even if you still doubt me, go find me the best pvper you can and I'll let you sit front row so you can watch me smash them. I don't sit here and say crap just to say it, I speak with with a lot of experience and know what I'm saying when I discuss these issues. You on the other hand, have once again shown me just how little you really know.

This yet again shows your lack of knowledge and further proves to me you just say shit just for the sake of arguing with little to nothing to back your claims and ideas.
  2. Mandevu

Here you go. Here's one video.
  3. Locke

Locke New Member

People say magic reflect, reactive and, teleport jewellery will be detrimental to pvp because it will change some gameplay. What if I said weapons and magic is detrimental to my gameplay because I chose not to use them although others do? What about people who utilize potions? There is no way for a mage or healer to cure poison and heal for 35 in 2 seconds.

The pvp scene will change however it is up to us to adapt and overcome. These items are possible to obtain by everyone, wether or not you choose to use it is up to you. I know my scenarios are on the extreme side however the principals are the same.
  4. Mandevu

No, your principal is not the same. You're talking about completely altering the basic core of how this era was structured for pvp by suggesting the orginal creation of mechanics such as magic and weapons alter the gameplay for you.

Im saying the addition of magic jewelry, which is not a part of the core fundamentals which pvp in the uor era was built upon, is a negative addition. Fuckin A man going by that rationale why dont we had insta kill glacial staffs? Hey it may not be a part of your play style but god damn it i like it and i want them added.

The way the system is currently structured there is a near perfect balance and to think adding these things wont distort that order is absurd. The way it is designed now has a counter to every implementation. Im done here. This is like listening to a bunch of ballet students tell a professional boxer how fighting really works and should work and what needs to be changed. Y'all can continue discussing this garbage without me i've stated my point.
  5. Mandevu

I will say one last thing. Go ahead and implement these things. Thats perfectly fine. Myself and my guildmate have a wealth of experience using these items and we know how to abuse the living fuck out of them. It will make things incredibly easy for me. If you think im against this issue because it will hurt me you have it completely misunderstood. Im against it because im fully aware of just how much power it will give me and i can use said items in such away it will make people cry rivers of pages to telamon. Im against these changes because i've used them and know they bring nothing but abuse, and will run people off. You're talking to someone who has adapted to an unbelievable number of mechanic changes over a span of multiple servers, mechanics, and eras. And i've stood at the top of every one of them in regards to pvp. So don't tell me about adapting and overcoming. Thats a nonfactor for me. Im not telling you this to boast but to let you know the truth. I know how this stuff works and i'm telling you its a bad idea. I want the most balance and fairness for everyone and if you take this road you wont like it.
  6. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I made it 1 minute through that video and just saw you killing a bunch of bards or some shit *yawn*
  7. Jack of Shadows

8. Mandevu

Then you cut yourself short and don't understand what you're looking at. You accuse me of running in 4-5 deep, so i post a video of me making solo kills and you say some garbage like that. What do you think a pk is? A player killer. I kill players. Thats what a pk does. There is no prejudice for what kind of player i target. If you're blue, farming, and not in my guild i attack. Plain and simple. If its any consolation whatsoever you can rest assured i almost never loot any of my victims, nor do i mount kill, and I always offer a rez and protection until said victim can recover their belongings and go about their business. I do it purely for the thrill of the chase. I also fight in factions. I also have more friday night tourny wins than i can count. I have the highest winning percentage in 5x dueling, and i already told you to find me the best pvper you can muster so you can watch them die. You're arguments are mute, and you speak purely on ignorance. You're pk database thread is the largest fail of a thread in the entirety of the forums for the most contradictory and hypocritical of reasons. You make asinine remarks consistently, and your points hold zero substance. You fall immensely short of grasping even the most basic of concepts in regards to the field of pvp, and yet here you stand arguing with a top player about what should or should not be, and even attempt to ridicule my knowledge on the subject at hand. You're a joke, and the fact that you cant step back and realize your error and the reality that nearly everyone worth a grain of salt in pvp has put you on blast is more than enough for anyone to take you for a fool.
  9. Jack of Shadows

calm down before your panties strangle your ballsack, I'm mostly just teasing you. But that list of kills is pretty damn sad (if you'd let people farm, maybe they could afford to build chars easier to come fight with you)

but you know as well as I do that there are days where you can't go 30 minutes without being hit by a pk (regular ones and and random ones) and those are the folks that talk the most shit about how l33t they are, so of course I'm going to give you guys a hard time.

How hard of a fight was that item id guy? Looks tough and spooky

and you're the joke, the best part of your personality ran down your mom's leg when your dad prejaculated outside of her vagina and still manged to get her preggo.
  10. Mandevu

You can go watch some videos of me dueling on Roman. If you can even begin to understand what you're watching you can watch isabel and I fighting with full items/potions. Here's the kicker, we both could go a lot harder than that if need be. You're a retard at this point, imo. Once again you make an empty ststement thinking all I kill is bards. Neira is my pk, roman is my main. There's a significant difference in pk'ing and field fighting in factions/duels, etc. once again. /fail on your part.
  11. Mandevu

Lol this is golden. You're delusional.
  12. Jack of Shadows

I think in your fat nerd rage and indignation you missed the part where I said I was mostly just teasing you. But I see where the repressed anger comes from that gives you the enjoyment in running down chars that aren't much more than hopped up npcs to you.

Now squeezzeeeee the stress ball clyde.
  13. Mandevu

14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

TLDR: Mandevu has no idea what role playing games are.
    Jupiter likes this.
  15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Jupiter likes this.
  16. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I disagree to agree to disagree. :)
    LanDarr likes this.
  17. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

I'm also in complete agreement with Mandevu on this, and people who are assuming (Jack) that its born out of a fear of it affecting his or people like his gameplay are really underselling how significant this change is to combat mechanics.

Also, I think for clarification purposes, this is a situation where it should be blanket referred to as combat, and not the misnomer of PVP. One thing needs to be made absolutely clear in this discussion, and that is that the detrimental effects of these items being in-game would not be limited to those who choose to faction fight on a daily basis. This means any situation that involves combat will quickly devolve into the haves and can use, and the have nots and cannot use. Those that can adapt will thrive and decimate those who cannot. This isn't about concern of fights running too long -- this is about concern of solo PK's suddenly not just being viable, but being practically invincible. This is not about consensual pvp being altered in a way thats no longer fun for those who participate in it, this is about combat in general becoming something that is a *MUCH* more involved ordeal for everyone to deal with -- including and especially people who have absolutely no desire for consensual or non-consensual combat.

You think gank squads are bad now? Give em reflect and teleport jewelry.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I thought the conversation moved beyond "combat" spell items, and into "what kind of spell items would NOT impact combat at all but still add levels of depth and enjoyment for people who actually play Ultima, not just l33tredpotsonlypvpz".

We're all in agreement that stupid OP combat related spell items are shit basically, so let's move along. Some rings of polymorph or a skirt of incognito aren't going to change anything but would be a bit of fun (we are here for fun, right?)
    Jupiter likes this.
  19. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

For the record I've long since moved on from the OP. I concede and accept that Tele/reflect/invis would be detrimental.

I still don't think that magic jewellery should be completely discounted. Non-combat related features should still be considered and not mocked or considered "trammel". Trammel is the separation of consensual vs non consensual negative acts. Having meaningful content (pixels) is not inherently trammel. If I can have it and you can take it from me, then we have felluca and we should work together to improve it.
  20. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

For the record, I also think that non-combat related jewelry wouldn't be detrimental in any way. I don't really see the benefit myself, but then again I'm not a RPer at my core -- I could on the other hand see these items becoming central to player driven fiction, and don't see any actual downside to them being in existence. Similar to crafting options -- if you don't want to play a blacksmith, don't pick up a smiths hammer -- if you don't want an elemental summon ring, don't use it.

My one exception is the suggestion of incognito rings. While its obviously not the same benefit as a thieves disguise kit, the more static the use of the ring makes the spell, the closer they become. I don't think we need another option for this, with disguise kits already in existence.