State of the Shard's PVP...Factions, O/C, PK

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Slayerik, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I could watch this for days. Nay, years.
    Hawkeye and ReZon like this.
  4. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

Punches should never do zero damage though. That's not era-accurate. Maybe it's a thing in AoS, but in T2A or UO:R a punch always did at least 1 hp dmg if it connected. This is the first shard I've seen that has done zero damage hits, and it took me awhile when dueling to figure out why I was hitting my opponent but not disrupting (and that's with no AR). I actually thought it was a bug, not a feature.
  5. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

To be honest this is the first place I've ever seen a +15 vanq katana do 1 point of damage and it has happened on many occasions.
    Apoc likes this.
  6. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

In my opinion there really isn't a problem with spell damage delay, recast recovery delay, etc. The issue is with punching as Pax said. Any spell that does damage, or harmful effects, will disrupt your opponent, but you can often successfully land a punch and do zero damage, therefore not disrupt. Pax and I were doing 5x duels last night, and the one issue you would see on both ends is the strange unreliability with punches not disrupting even on a target with zero armor. As for disrupting via spells, and delays on recast, that is all a matter of your own lack of understanding/knowledge of timing. I've done a lot of practice with the timers and disrupts, and working with damage delays associated with successfully timing disrupts, and I don't see an issue there. Like I said, that's a matter of the individuals understanding of how it works and taking the time to learn it. I just don't see how you can punch someone in the face, watch them take the hit, have 0 armor, and yet it does nothing to them and thus allows them to continue their attack.

Also, I do agree that a 15/v katana should not do 1 damage as I too have seen very similar results with high end magic weapons and bizarre low damage.
    Pax Romain and Apoc like this.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Exactly. Hell, I was under the impression for the longest time that actually disrupting a spell cast with a weapon was like winning the damn lottery. Even when the target doesn't have protection up, I'm basically thanking the heavens if I can actually disrupt a greater heal, ever, without a spell.
  8. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

Only complaint I have would be poison working more often and not being resisted so much. I think most people who try to pvp here especially if they cannot call in 3-4 people get turned off and quit. Most of the active pvp groups will find 2 people to fight and call in double the numbers. That doesn't help someone who is attempting to learn since 1v1 here is really non existant on the field.
  9. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Yes, poison does seem to be overly resisted as well.
    Pax Romain likes this.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Let me just throw this little beefsteak in the convo: Stackable potions make 1v1s in the field last 10x longer than they would without. As such, cooldown timers on cure and refresh potions might make the field a bit more intense in a 1v1 but what do I know. I don't even pvp *rolls eyes*.
  11. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

Aye Blaise on volder I would normally carry 15 heals 15 reds 10 cures 10 str 10 blue and 30 purples
    On here with stackable pots i tend to do 25 heals 20 reds 30 cures 15 str 15 blue and 20 purples

I just feel that poison is such an important spell to getting the kill in any 1v1 situation and to watch it get resisted 3-4 times in a row by the time you actually get it off you don't have enough mana to kill someone hence the mana regen game of waiting, the most boring part of any fight to watch or participate in.

If there was a bonus to the poisoning skill working more often and eating through someones resist lets and having it apply more often I would spend the time to make a nox mage no problem.
  12. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

I like the idea of poisoning skill being used for magery to lower the threshold of an opponent's resist. It would make nox mages viable again, not that they aren't on this shard but I've seen alot of poison being resisted and even with GM poisoning I really haven't seen anything over regular poison get applied to a target even when casting right next to them.

Hopefully we see some changes down the road, maybe weapon damage and armor ratings get adjusted as well as the dex penalty for certain armors. The poisoning boost to magery would be nice to see as well.

I have to disagree with Blaise though, I feel potions are o.k. the way they are. With the amount of synch dumping out there, being able to keep the GC's and GH's going in a rapid fashion is a big help in surviving IMO, especially when there seems to be a slight delay in the spell casting which seems to make those quick cures and GH's a bit laggy when getting dumped on. Maybe I'm the only one that's experienced the slight delay times but it seems to happen when I try to pull off a cure/heal combo in rapid succession.