Suggestion to refresh factions and provide incentive to PvP.

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Cynic, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I was in SL when that was done, as were nearly all that are presently in SL. Hence, you are playing a denial game much like what you tend to lambast others for. I don't need to start a new thread to point out all the things you've done that you think don't matter for whatever reason. I've already stated them clearly in several threads now and your entire defense is that you could be abusing more bugs but don't and didn't profit and told Telamon about it after abusing it blah blah blah, it's the same old song and dance, constantly. I've already made my apologies in public and private and made reparations for things that may have been out of line. Yeah, Rikktor was funny, but embarrassing to be remotely connected to by way of guild/faction membership. One more straw on the camel's back for me parting company.

As for your choice of words, yes, I feel that you calling people faggots at events, calling players mongoloids on forums or retards, is perfectly fitting for a poor sport such as yourself. Whenever you are at a loss of words, you simply choose to call names like a kid in school who's got no leg to stand on. I guess in Alabama or wherever you're from, there's no one who would be remotely offended by those things because they're not homosexuals of asian descent with downs syndrome, but do go on.

I once had a great deal of respect for you but the more you justify your actions, the less I have. I'm sure you couldn't care less about how much I respect you but as you are wont to say, this is embarrassing for you.

Mes, ebola has been here longer than you.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I can honeslty say I never knew you had access to Les's factioners. I knew you had extra factioners on your kids account and that there may have been a shared guildmaster of a^t account. Regardless, you having accessed les's account nearly a year ago, before ebola was even in com, does not reflect poorly on our current SL team as it has ever related to the current com team. If anyone, it implicates you the most.

I called you a faggot once in game. You call me that regularly on this forum and regulalry respond to posts with 'eat a bowl of dicks' (even in this thread.) Who do you think you are? How dumb do you have to be to make name calling your position against me when noone has done it more than you. Get real.

I have no idea how long ebola has been on this server and that means absolutely nothing. You left sl before he joined com. That is what is relevant to this conversation.

Have you ever used les's accounts to steal sigils or remove traps from ebola or artex? No. Shut up.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  3. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Evilar and Xegugg like this.
  4. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

5. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

who cares if i had an irc bot?

i wrote it over the course of many hours and it took a lot of technical know-how.

mostly it sounds like you're jels.
    Kane likes this.
  6. Bob

Bob Member

What? If you weren't so stupid you would probably be outraged that I've been killing your guild friends in town, dry looting them, and building a nest egg from the rares I've been procuring. Mes is right - you are an idiot.
  7. RollinTheTweed

RollinTheTweed Active Member

Not to mention it was made available for everyone at one time in UORpvp. It's not running anymore, so lets just drop it already.
    Mes and Xegugg like this.
  8. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Pointless to continue but I will defend. We've used ghosts due to the fact that our rune library has had 1-3 ghost sitting in it at all times one of which we know is an SL's alt. So we've used a ghost to move around with us to see if we're being followed. This was a reaction to being watched not something we wanted to do. You personally might not use blues but we've seen SL alts running around scouting plenty of times. Yes let me get on my factioner and walk around Moonglow trying to not step on stacked traps that can be placed anytime you like and watch for your crew. No we don't have 10 CoM houses, I'm aware of three and we've yet to really use the one in Moonglow. I like the turn the tables approach your using sling and see what sticks.

SL/TT is king of ganking how hilarious that you try to sell yourself as other wise. Love how you guys shit all over -F- reds (I'm not in the guild but have tagged along) yet my entire pvm experience as a newb on UOR in PwN and recently in another guild was your crew - TT - and SL harassing us to no end, killing our tames taking the champs over when the boss popped etc. Difficult to fight a group of TT reds with twice the number of the pvm group doing the champ. Yet to see -F- go in at the end and completely take over a champ nor do they kill tames and they rez if possible or at least drop a gate. Enjoyed the videos after champ take overs with you guys (TT) laughing it up during each kill and subsequent rez kill. Doesn't take talent to raid a champ it's easy. While we're at it I've been on those RP adventures when CoM related reds have come in on two of the adventures (that I've been on) and killed one to three people at the most offering some excitement, they show restraint where you & crew has shown a complete lack of discretion in similar circumstances. You don't have a leg to stand on throwing crap at other PK's no matter how you try to polish your BS or remake your image with donations. How many murder counts on your red are from miners? I'm sure you stopped to check their account age first.

Factioners know why you don't die. Your choice of words is laughable "desperate"? There's no secret to your "success" you field superior numbers and when you don't have them you leave. The traps and guards added in but you control the towns so you earned it with your dedication to sigils.

Wow another SL cheerleader. Where do you keep finding these guys? Another adolescent minded individual calling names great. Lets see if Bob can do any better. btw no pics? didn't happen.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  9. RollinTheTweed

RollinTheTweed Active Member

Cute I came up with the cheerleader nickname for many on here, you being one of them. Got hated on for it, and no it's being used by another cheerleader. This shit is cute.

---
    But its fine when you guys are Pking pvmers for 12+ hours a day? I don't see the logic in you bashing us on the same shit that you house hiders do. This sl hatred is nothing more than that. You guys gated away from even # fights more than 10x, and still have the gall to talk shit?
  10. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

It's not hatred it's a dislike for your tactics and BS. I don't hate anyone on this shard I don't even know you. I care just enough to respond to BS pointed at CoM despite where conversations with SL members end up. Most the other guys could care less what you or SL has to say. I'm not on 12+ hours a day don't know what your talking about. I have minimal amount of time to game. I'm not speaking for anyone else other than to refute the endless PR/BS campaign. I've yet to learn it's a complete waste of time. We fight even numbers but we're not going to be disadvantaged in a held town for you to trap around us and drop guards or trapping dungeon entrances. More than ten times? Keep an exact count next time, screen shot, video and over how long a time period? Not going to bother listing how many times you guys left when I've been on and that's with me missing 2/3 the fights. Hey sometimes we have other things to do and people need to log so we leave as a group. Petty stuff. I thought I'd get a response from you using what you called me. I prefer self declared spokesman until they tell me to shut up.
    Animal Control likes this.
  11. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread really blossomed while I wasn't paying attention to it.
    Rather than wading into the mess, I think I'll just make a few general statements.

First is that this is exactly what I've been talking about. The pvp community is not stagnating because of any of the faction mechanics. It's stagnating because of what you've seen in this very thread, everybody hates each other and can't agree on terms of engagement.
    Try to think objectively for a moment. For those of you bitching about how we used a bot or fight in towns, try to think from our perspective for a moment. I hate how you guys need to ghost for 45 minutes before any fight and team up cross faction. I hate how you use blues to interfere with fights between oranges.
    The other side is likely going to be doing something that irritates you, but you're delusional if you think you aren't the same as the other side. You guys engage in as many annoying practices as we do, it's important to understand that that's a part of pvp and not hate the other side for it.

One of the underpinnings of this is that there are a lot of you out there who can't take dying or losing without getting bent out of shape about it. There are a lot of people who can't die and actually take personal responsibility for it. There are a lot of people who get ganked four on one, and instead of going "shit, how can I avoid this in the future" instead go "wooooooooooow dirty stinking gankers, die in a fire".
    People are obsessed with finding "fairness" in a system that does nothing to encourage such a thing, and get angry with the other side when they can't find it.
    There is no death in UO that is not in some part your own fault. Recognize that and instead of hating the other side for it , think about ways to not die in that way in the future.

However, this goes beyond being irritated with the other side or being upset over deaths. There's such a history of hate between the two "sides" that the slightest disruption in the surface tension reveals the greater quantity of malaise that rests just under the surface. Just look at this thread - it's a shouting match and this is people trying to be restrained.
    New players and entrants to the community realize they don't want to be involved in this mess when they realize what's going on and wisely steer clear. That is why the pvp community is stagnating.
    This problem is also self perpetuating. In the event that a new player does show up, he is quickly taken in by one side and indoctrinated to hate the other. I know there are lots of you guys talking shit behind our backs and trying to get people to hate us, and we've complained about certain ones of you to our new players too. New players are quickly assimilated into the conflict and as a result the pvp scene doesn't really grow because nothing is done about the root issue.

Changing factions is not going to help anything. This isn't even the first time something like this has been suggested. CTF was touted as the savior of pvp on the server, but look what became of that. It's just a monetized team stack. That's what Blaise and his friends want to do to factions - they want to turn it into a monetized team stack just like CTF was. He doesn't care about factions and he damn sure doesn't give a shit about civility or taking things down a notch. That's another obstacle in the path to actually fixing the pvp community, there are a lot of non-participants that are trying to guide the conversation in a direction that benefits them.

And that's really that. There are two paths available. You can choose to modify factions, add a bunch of shit that people will easily find ways to work around and monetize it, but that will either fix nothing or turn it into a team stack like CTF.
    Or you can do what actually needs to be done, and have the discussion about taking things down a notch. It's not an easy conversation to have, but that's the only thing that's going to save pvp on this server.
    Liberation and Mes like this.
  12. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

No, you used ghosts and blue scouts prior to this.

So instead, we should walk around solo for you to show up and attack us? There was a time when people just logged on their factioners and looked for oranges. There was a time when they found them and a fight started, instead of people recalling and only returning after thoroughly scouting and getting their entire group to log on. You have house hiding houses at glow, ice dungeon, destard entrance, destard swamp, sl base, and yew gate. That's just naming the ones I know of. I suppose that's not ten, but its more than three. We have none. Because we don't fight from houses. We have meeting spots and we have a policy to never fight at or run to them. Your faction tries to bring every fight to a house so you can stand inside it and cast out of it. Be honest for once.

I've never denied ganking. We play at war with our enemies. The ridiculous thing is you pretending that the other groups aren't exactly the same. CoM runs from fights, often even fights because they get scared. A few weeks ago I stood at buccs bank on my red, knowing you guys had a ghost there, trying to lure your group to come out. After five minutes of using airframer incognito to run by me and track you guys piled ~6 factioners through a gate north of me. Then we opened a gate with our factioners so that we could meet you. You ran back through your gate and into your house. It's pathetic that you think you're more honorable in any way.

We've never had more than twice the numbers of a champ spawn during a raid. And we've only finished someone else's champ twice. You make this sound like it's a regular occurrence. You keep talking about how we griefed you when you were in PWN. You don't know shit. We were a very dominant force in those days, and for no other reason than to be easy on the shard we developed our own policy to not attack champ spawns. We showed up to defend champ spawns and chase reds out of them, knowing full well that you guys hated us anyways. We were there to give pwn/*8*/KTT the booster shot it needed to be able to complete its first despise spawns. I stayed up late many nights trying to help Theo with pks or with spawns when his friends were too busy afking. It wasn't until two O^S members took a cheap shot at us that things went south. And even then, when I hoped that O^S leaders would take responsibility for their members (and instead just said "i can't control them") I told them we would only come for those two members that broke the peace at the spawns. It was from there that you PwN and O^S started attacking us regularly and we began raiding spawns. And even then we took it easy. We raided one spawn and looted/took it over in the history of PwN. Any other attack we made we kept brief and agreed not to loot. It was a constant attempt to handle you guys with little kid gloves when we should have just wrecked your entire guild like we had the power to do all along.

No, sorry. You couldn't be more wrong. We don't attack roleplayers and we don't even loot when we PK. We save pets and give resses. Your pets get killed because you're an enemy factioner and you have a long history of talking shit about us on these forums. You can expect this treatment, because you're in this war. New players and roleplayers and vets that don't have an interest in factions/pk battles have always been treated kindly.

I'd like to remind you that I have seen you personally pk PS!/VoP/stormhold adventures. We knew you and your com reds were on in force, we knew you'd know that the RP adventure was starting. We ghosted your house and had our blues on standby. When you gated into their dungeon to attack them we gated in to defend. You killed only on foot roleplayers and then claimed it was an accident and you meant to hit us after you had lost reds and run back into your house.

I know that some of you guys attend RP adventures on blues. I've always known. We give you amnesty during those hunts because we don't want to crash RP outings or bring our drama into their adventure. What do you have to say for yourself?

I'm glad you said this because I want to advise you on how to end it. Stop making bullshit accusations about us in all these threads. We don't create the threads. We don't turn them into shit posts. 75% of it is Blaise completely lying out of his ass because he's still mad he was ostracized from SL for being a bitch. The rest is com and minax making shit up and being sore losers. Everytime we post an opinion in a thread there is this parade of cardboard eaters coming in to say "but all dey do is gank doe." I refer you back to your first post in this thread. You came here to talk shit. I didn't drag you into this. Stop kidding yourself.

Here are the unofficial rules of our faction. We try not to disrupt events. We try not to kill newbies or roleplayers or cause anyone to quit the server. We don't loot when we pk and we always offer a res and save pets.

To our faction rivals we offer nothing except playing within the rules of the game. We come with the intention of winning and not coddling your feelings. You are a willing participant in factions and we play at war. Anytime I find someone that didn't know what factions was I direct telamon to them immediately so that he can help them get out. You don't qualify in this. You're a shit talking, butthurt, douchebag that has a long history of making shit up about us in this forum. Everything you claim we do that is unsportsmanlike you are well known to do yourself. There is no highroad in the rivalry between com and minax and SL. But I will say, for shadowlords, we raise the bar when it comes to our treatment of non factioners.
    Kane, [Mobolin] and Punt like this.
  13. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

The opposite side is equally annoying to me. Some people won't engage because it wouldn't be a fair fight or they don't want to fight their buddy orange. Getting no help from your fellow factioners sucks way more than getting ganked, because that is expected. Just not much respect going on around here causes people to dread dying, they get dry looted, rez killed and trash talked because they caused too much grief. One thing I love about going solo is that I am not affiliated with butt holes so it is less likely for me to encounter such acts.
  14. Bob

Bob Member

lolwhut please.
  15. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Where do you think my perspective comes from? I speak from my experience on this shard which is still shy of a year. I'm not making anything up, your actions of the past speak for themselves. Think about this a bunch of pvmers attacking poor Mes and his red army completely unwarranted lolz at that. What did you say once nobody runs a champ unless we let them? The conversation is here because that's where you've steered it right into the gutter. Now you've devolved into degrading me further, typical holier than thou elitist bully mentality. Easy to dismiss someone as a butthurt douche that will make them go away right? This back and forth exchange attempting to trump the other party is done for me. Why deal with people who go in IRC and talk a ton of crap and in the forums lambast you as trash? Here's a truth for you - your not worth the effort and none of our exchanges are going to do more than show the utter dislike people have for one another on this server. Maybe you are a good guy to some but they haven't had the same experiences I have which have been reconfirmed here.

Keep seeking to elevate your own status and keep putting others down to make yourself appear more valuable to UOR. Your nothing more than a bully calling me a lair for stating my perspective discounting what I've said... mostly you love to add to and twist what's happened in the past to suit your means and, present it to the public as truth when actually their only half truths or distorted facts. I refute a butthurt label when your comments are of the same context. Continue on tackling your insecurities and manipulating others for your own self importance and fighting for the image of the esteemed TT/SL who hates CoM but loves all others. PS Happy New Years! Understand I do not hate anyone on UOR and this offers some entertainment value till the fun runs out.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    ebola likes this.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

all I can do here is say what actually happened. Noone thinks they're the bad guy. All this elevated status stuff is just BS. Do you think I believe I have a good reputation here? There's been a smear campaign that has just gotten worse since we arrived. Telamon doesn't even respond to us. But the things I said are facts and no amount of hoping and wishing by you can change them. I encourage you to do some introspection and be honest with yourself and others about what really happened and what I've actually done and what you've done. Just because you make some shit up about us doesn't make it true. If anything I said was false, please pick that thing and explain to me how exactly it's false, instead of repeating the same thing about how I'm being 'holier than thou.'
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  17. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

sup my wizards
  18. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Hiya folks, I'm only stepping in to say something since roleplayers are being brought up and I happen to love going on those RP adventures. Pks do not scare roleplayers. You can interrupt/pk at all the RP events all you want IMO and we are gunna pick ourselves up and have fun with it. If Jupiter has taught me anything, it is how to die, again, and again, and again. On the contrary, seeing pks on a RP adventure only adds to the adventure in my eyes. So BRING IT ON! There is nothing you can do to a RPer that the VoP oracle has not already done.

As a suggestion to refresh factions, possibly a similar outlook on death would help. I encourage everyone to bring a gem to the VoP oracle and see where it decides to send/kill you.
    ebola likes this.
  19. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Is this why the Faction Map has been broken for a while?

I used to enjoy checking that out every once in a while.
  20. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

the point was that you all share them same faction thief accounts and blaise simply added that yes he did use it, so the point im making is (doesnt matter who it was used against or when) is that i believe you are still doing sharing the same two faction thieves due to the same two thief toons being used to re-steal the sigils back ANY time of day or night and when we go to defend its always a different claypool that comes as backup.. normally i wouldnt give a shit about this but the fact is that ive had players in your guild accuse me of things and since yall want to play the "he hacks, he cheats" and any other excuse to try and ruin players gameplay (like yall did to minax) which turned out he had wands made for him. how in his game play did that make them cheaters? there good and its not in ur character to admit it, its the instant lets see who can say the most ignorant shit to them and come up with excuses why we lost

why stoop to these levels? why not just enjoy the game?

man up and stop the petty bullshit