The 10 Million Gold Thread

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, Jan 21, 2015.

Would you like to see super rare mask dyes, for 10m gold on an NPC vendor?

1. Yes, I feel this would help the economy and satiate my inner Trammie.

46.8%
  2. No, I don't like people getting things that don't impact me negatively in any way.

1.1%
  3. No, because I have an elite mask and like to lord that over others

6.4%
  4. No, because I don't like you. (easy out)

20.2%
  5. Yes, because I enjoy UO and am apathetic to such things.

25.5%
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

10k per plats at least!

And that mean more "blessed stuff" in peoples belonging.

Maybe add Gold fees to a few plats rewards deco items ?

Carpets, plants and maybe even the extra lockdowns secures...
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I am not sure, but I tend to agree... however, I like the principle of constantly using up something a bit more: that means you constantly have to pay for something, e.g. increase the stable rates for dragons etc significantly (only affecting tamers, I know, but thats just an example). Or make them masks in such a way that they break after one or two years of usage. Or a constant tax on houses. But that' going away from creating new, better, shinier things to annoying and pressuring taxes and rents... which probably isn't very well liked.
  3. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Well, I was thinking of how I couldn't find enough plat to buy an ethy when I had 3 mil to blow, and people are wanting gold sinks, so instead of adding outrageous new stuff like 10 mil vendors (absurd, wtf are you guys doing to make money) it'd be nice to buy things that are already in the game like the plat rewards
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Players will sell plat @8k per, no need to add a vendor to do that. In fact you tried to buy a blessed runebook not too long ago and practically scoffed at the notion that there would be a markup for paying in gold. Not sure why the option wasn't good enough for you then, but now you want an NPC to do essentially the same function. (Plus I was charging 1k less per plat then your proposed plat vendor)
    Basoosh and Mindless like this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun.

Should this run alongside the platinum store? Or should this just be an expansion of the platinum store with an official gold to plat conversion rate?

Also, a request: Can we get some items other than filthy masks or sandals? Seriously, what's with the open-toed footwear fetish among UO players? How about some sweet unique hue'd swamp boots? Or radical bandanas? Or kickass robes? It's always masks & sandals with you people.
    The hound, garvey, Cero and 3 others like this.
  6. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

It's true, the only color you can have a bandana on this shard is one of these. Kind of limited IMO.
    Basoosh likes this.
  7. Basoosh

8. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

I personally want to dye my loin cloth undies, that is about it.

I dyed them brown for free, but I would like them to be a different color now.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Jack of Shadows and Halabinder like this.
  9. Basoosh

A unique name is half the cool.
  10. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Valentine day special red undies 500k, last 7 days.
  11. Xevec

Xevec Active Member

I guess I would like Telamon to chime in regarding this. So will there be red, green & grey reindeer masks for Christmas 2017? Also whats the main benefit of having the items
    cost gold vs plat? If they were added to the platnium rewards would that have a different effect?
    newme likes this.
  12. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I've known several folks who would run from those kinds sale tag on a vendor, not aim for such prices when they were new to a world.

The fortress would be a different thing, people seem to view homes in a different light than items.

Thanks for this thread, is a good one.

Westra
    Basoosh, Halabinder and Random like this.
  13. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

the runebook I ended up buying was cheaper than you offered and a rare hue. you were straight up gouging. I'd rather let an npc vendor do that than the players that I sell almost everything half price or less to.
  14. AnRobot-

AnRobot- Active Member

First,
    What would concern me, is the fact you're paying with gold. Platinum is there for special items you can't get normally in Sosaria (I think?). Make it a high platinum item b/c platinum encourages gameplay.

Second,
    The special people who win special hued masks, well this will diminish their reward to an extent. They completed something NOBODY else could do/attempted to do.

These are just opinions, no hate intended. I ABSOLUTELY love trammel item gold sinks. As long as color, mechanics, and availability are kept in check.

;)
    Halabinder likes this.
  15. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Buying platinum at inflated prices from NPC vendors would probably be the most effective and well received gold sink idea I've heard since I've played here. I think I can get behind that but it will change the platinum market quite a bit and the repercussions should be carefully considered. I also like the original idea though I think it might be better if items other than masks were available and I have no personal interest in three digit hues. However, I'm completely against item exclusivity of any kind. Preventing one from having a desired item simply because someone else wants to have the only one just doesn't seem right to me. As far as rare drops go, most of these items have names that aren't on the table in the proposed system. And, really, for every rare that someone focused on obtaining, worked hard, and succeeded in getting there's another rare that was obtained by luck of the draw.
  16. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

If we ever did make plat purchasable, it could start small initially. An account can only buy X amount per week or month. See the impact.

Plat price could also be adjusted periodically looking at gold entering/exiting the economy. Kind of like a central bank to keep currency under control.
  17. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    ReZon, The Musician, Blaise and 4 others like this.
  18. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Ya I'm with gideon on this one. I see NO need for a plat vendor. "Keep currency under control" ? Plat is about the most stable currency I have ever seen. It has held its value at 6k per during times of immense plat farming (the old baracoon days that I hear about), and during current times. Players WILL sell their plat on the fly if you want to pay an inflated rate, and will sell at 6k per if you have a little patience in rounding it all up. NPC vendor trading plat/gold= NO!
    The Musician, AnRobot- and Mindless like this.
  19. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Yep this is a thread about rare mask/sandals/perhaps other clothing for sale for ridiculous amounts of gold...NOT plat for sale for ridiculous amounts of gold.

Just Vote NO on NPC Vendors selling Plat for Gold!
  20. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

How would you pay for this 10m dye? With 60k stacks, an otherwise empty bank box can hold 7.5m in coins