The 10 Million Gold Thread

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, Jan 21, 2015.

Would you like to see super rare mask dyes, for 10m gold on an NPC vendor?

1. Yes, I feel this would help the economy and satiate my inner Trammie.

46.8%
  2. No, I don't like people getting things that don't impact me negatively in any way.

1.1%
  3. No, because I have an elite mask and like to lord that over others

6.4%
  4. No, because I don't like you. (easy out)

20.2%
  5. Yes, because I enjoy UO and am apathetic to such things.

25.5%
  1. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Gideon and El horno are spot on.

All I can say is that I've called Plat undervalued since the day I started here... but everyone is all "ITS 6k PER PLAT!" because you are all fucking robots... and seem to not understand that markets fluctuate.

There are a lot of posts in this thread that prove my point.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    Halabinder and AnRobot- like this.
  2. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member

Gold shouldn't be using an item spot out of your bank as long as it's in the base level and not in a bag or something. Since that's not currently the case I would say the implementation of this needs to be coupled with a "bug" fix...
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Given the price tag and relative rarity of the purchase, as well as the hue customization, maybe it's something that would be handled by a GM anyways.
    newme and Wise like this.
  4. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I have the perfect idea for a gold sink, give all of the gold you aren't using, and in inactive players bank accounts to me. I'll use it.

for lots of things, not just a silly mask :p
    newme, Cero, AnRobot- and 1 other person like this.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Exactly Dalavar, 10 checks in the bank, page Help, request [set hue ##, poof, gold removed from economy.

Also agree on NO platinum selling NPCs.
    ReZon, Markos, Wise and 2 others like this.
  6. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

yep, that works. Also, yeah, no plat selling vendors
  7. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Yes please, I would gladly put it to good use! Rewards for donating to the help another player foundation. I can get behind that!
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    newme likes this.
  9. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member

When I said keeping currency under control, I meant gold. Plat being priced at 6k shows that platinum supply and demand has been stable. Gold is the problem on the server right now, and platinum might help.

Many rich players are trying to buy plat all the time. You can sell it instantly at 6k. Selling plat could reduce the gold in the economy, that was one of the points of plat initially.

Make dyes purchasable with 10 mil gold, or find another way to get 10 mil out of the economy.

I think a lot of players don't like thinking about selling plat because it shakes up the market. Items that have been purchased in plat may become more common, and their value will change(up or down). There's an investment already so there's risk in change. Understandable, think that's why mogoblin also posted below.

Give me a good argument why playing around with plat would be dangerous to get rid of gold. I see people upset but no solid points.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Being that there has never been a way to purchase platinum other than from players, that has definitely never been the point of plat.

The addition of the platinum reward system was to make a "veteran reward" type system that could provide some end-game content for players and reward those who do play here over the long term.

The only thing on the shard that has offered that's really a gold sink, are neon hair dye and name change deeds, so far.

If platinum were available on NPCs, the player market would likely immediately rise up to meet whatever value is set on it. If you could buy it for 10k per from an NPC, you better believe players would be asking for 9+ in very short order. It's nothing that I see people getting upset about but it would definitely wreck the player driven prices, based on how much work it takes to get them, that we have now.
  11. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

I have not read all the replies so I may repeat something someone has said here.

I voted yes for this and I think the same for sandals as well. If it is a high gold amount, 7-10 mil for a dye or sandals dye tub hues. My dream would be that we could choose from a wide array of dye tub hues it would be even cooler if we just had a one use dye tub and could select from any dye tub hue but I don't think that would be the most realistic.

I am not a house deco kind of guy, really trammel wear is the only tram I like to partake in. I doubt I am alone in this, but as far as "end game" mask dyes and sandals are where its at for me not rares/server births etc. This would be a great gold sink and the rarity would certainly be there due to a high price tag. If you make all the mask dyes and sandals dye tub hues then you can have event mask dyes/masks and or sandals be hues higher than dye tub hues IE 1001+. The anniversary hues are as such for instance.

Sure you have BOD mask dyes but there is nothing bright and waiting for the next holiday is fine and everything but then when you have something like Christmas where there isn't a single mask dye or sandals option I was left not wanting a single thing from the holiday vendor for the first time since I started on this server.

Anywayz again I vote Yay!
    newme, Mindless and Blaise like this.
  12. Mindless

I'll be the first to agree that you aren't alone in this.

I use my house as a compound of sorts (no visitors allowed)... so really the ultra rare server births / decorative rares just aren't my thing.

I do however like to play a lot of characters.... so the wearable rares are where it's at for me.

I'm like a UO mexican... 15 people living in 1 house, but we've all got dope whips/fresh gear. Hard workers too.

I even have a spreadsheet of my accounts (and the chars on them, templates, house ownership... and you can bet your ass there is a column for Mask / Footwear)
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Andersonius likes this.
  13. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

My ribs hurt from laughing.
    AnRobot- likes this.
  14. Andersonius

Bump it up, pimpin sandals and mask dyes for a premium price gold sink FTW!!
  15. Mindless

16. Andersonius

Not quite the dye tub hue I would choose, but pimpin nonetheless!!! Look at dem sandies/mask!
  17. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

I'll be honest... that's not what I was lookin at.
  18. Andersonius

[​IMG]

Hue 3 mask and sandies - pimpin

Attached Files:

• hue3.png
      hue3.png
      File size:
      47.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Seduce Juice

Seduce Juice New Member

I played Uo about 10 years ago on free shards and this topic was hot then as it is now. Shards over 1yr old will start to have inflation problems. I'm very new to UOR, but I had an idea as to how to start to drain some of the excess gold out of the system.

Property Taxes on houses.

Not sure how to script something like this, but perhaps new players are exempt for a period of time, then afterward any property you have will require a set amount of cash to keep alive. Perhaps this amount increases over time or is based on the size of the property. It stands to reason that someone able to afford a castle should be able to afford say 50k/week to keep it standing. This would have the added benefit of clearing up room for new players to place houses in desirable/useful locations.

Again, if this is something that can even be implemented, it could potentially be applied to any type of property and require a "maintenance fee". Perhaps having to pay "wages" to player vendors, taxes on rares, or even on just having the gold. No dodging the tax man!
    AnRobot- likes this.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

We've had that suggestion stated here before and I am on board. I think simply applying it to any home greater than 7x8 tiles would suffice and keep the new players free from heavy taxation. I don't really think that would be the only sink needed but it would certainly be a feasible function to add for several reasons, as indicated.

Tax the rich!
    AnRobot- likes this.