The Great Spawning Rare Guide - Players' Edition

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ReZon, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Infantry

Infantry Well-Known Member

There's still several rares not in the list but I see them on the vendors and at peoples homes. Lets not hoard the information give Gideon a hand and help him fill this guide. That is all, lol.

Thank You:
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

So I take it you'll be publishing your mining macros?
  3. Infantry

I already did dude, did you miss it?
  4. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

[​IMG]

Rocks9 confirmed.
  5. Apoc

Apoc Member

:roll: here's another fine rare to share with you all :cool:
    Broken chair standing up spawns in the hidden valley infront of the bed inside the mage tower :p
  6. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

Shocker - upgrayedds first contribution to this thread and it is completely worthless. Stand out guy.

Thanks to all the others who have contributed to this great thread.

For those interested in "a grave" - it spawns in the purple AMIB instance. I am not 100% sure it is the one i circled in this picture but if not, it is darn close. I've gotten it twice and it has always been in that same room by this image.

Attached Files:

7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Can you list them? I wouldn't know offhand, but will keep an eye out for them if I know what they are.
  8. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

It also spawns one tile west of the little cart that is next to the open tomb.
  9. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  10. Upgrayedd

Renaissance Volunteers

You need to think before you post or at least have some clue wtf you are talking about.

First, I have no desire to "contribute to this thread" because I've put a lot of time and effort into obtaining this info and I see no reason to give it away for free. Other players have some key info that they've worked out and that they'd like to keep to themselves as well. For example:
    Many people have some out of the way spots to farm
    Bart and co. are good at syncing on bards
    Mutombo had a great system for farming cloth
    Infantry is able to produce mass quantities of ingots

So when I challenge Infantry to post his mining macros, this is largely in jest. Sure, I'd like to see how his automated macros run, but I suspect he's got some nice, rarely travelled spots and a highly tuned macro that lets him produce more ingots. I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy of "hoard(ing) the information".

Next, in terms of contributions, with a grand total of 6 posts, I don't think you are qualified to comment. If you want to see my contributions, just open up the guides forum. Hell, you probably built some of your characters using my guides.
  11. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

I did think before I posted and I stand by it - many, many people have contributed to *this* thread and its a great community effort. The only contribution you have to this thread is to attempt to defend your greedy hoarding when someone urges everyone to participate. It's a free shard, you are entitled to hoard your pixels and do with them what you wish but don't be so surprised when your first contribution to this thread is of no value and it is called out, regardless of your other guides. ... Even with my meager 6 posts, I'd wager that if I asked Mutumbo for help on farming cloth or Infantry for mining macro help, that they would share the information -- so I think you picked bad examples. Greed is greed - plain and simple.

Back to the topic at hand - thanks again Gideon for starting and maintaining this thread and the rest of the shard that continues to uncover and share the remaining rare spawning locations.
  12. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

First, much thanks for this.

Second, I dunno how you guys find this stuff. Do you just run around and try to pick up EVERYTHING? Are a lot of these locations just common areas found on most UO shards?
  13. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

I found the "a grave" by doing just that - just constantly jamming on "ctrl+shift" as I was running around the AMIB and i saw the a grave pop up and it allowed me to grab it. 95% of the crap you can't pick up but when you can it's a pretty cool feeling. :)
  14. Upgrayedd

Renaissance Volunteers

The only thing being "called out" here is your hypocrisy. Go ahead and see if Infantry will post his locations and macros. Until then, go ahead and check my posts and remember that just because YOU are ignorant doesn't mean everyone else is.
  15. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

Clearly, being reminded that you greedily hoard the locations of some of the spawning rares and have contributed nothing to this thread has struck a nerve - oh well, it's your own choice. Resorting to calling me a hypocrit and ignorant when you know absolutely nothing about me only goes to re-enforce your character. Thankfully you are not representative of the majority of the shard and staff.

2 new rares added to this thread this week -- lets keep it going.
  16. Gideon Jura

Big thanks to:

ReZon for the confirmation
    Miller and Koncept for the info on the grave
    Apoc for the standing chair

I've updated the guide and will add a rune for the chair tonight.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK UOR! ~30 to go!!!
  17. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Here is what I consider my first real contribution to this thread. I had my suspicions that something spawned here and my persistencey paid off:

Empty vials are located...

On the roof of the Masters of Illusion in Moonglow.
    [​IMG]

I can understand the hesitancy in sharing location info, as this will of course make it more difficult for me to get them again and it puts the info in the hands of people who might not share, but I have gotten the past two spawns and can live with that happily.

I hope that this encourages more contribution to this thread.

Again, big thanks to Gideon for putting this info together and to all those that have contributed.

Good luck on the hunt, UOR!
  18. Gideon Jura

Thanks to ReZon!!
    Added to Guide / Library: Empty Vials : Moonglow

Big thanks also to an Anonymous player -
    Added to Guide / Library: Broken Chair (lying down) : Covetous
    Added to Guide / Library: Deck of Tarot : Fire Dungeon Mage Lords
    Rune Adjusted: Candle in Hyloth

Only 31 to go!!!!!
  19. Infantry

Lol, I have sent out my mining macros to so many people it's not funny. If you want them send me a pm. I have this down to a science. When Up puts some valuable information up here, hell i'll even share it with him. I bet at least 20 people have asked me for it and without hesitation I have sent them a copy of my two mining macros and my two lumber macros. As far as locations I mine and chop wood mostly in the protection of the town guards, only venturing out of the "Guards" range on the rare occasions.

Thank You that is all. S3X
  20. Upgrayedd

Renaissance Volunteers

So why not just post the macros and the locations?