The Platinum System & Rewards

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Plat reward for CTF might be better if it was just rewarded based on the team that won. I sat on the flag tonight and may have led in points for that reason but I didn't pull the weight by any means.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The method for award platinum during ctf events is still under review. I would be interested to hear any opinions on a way to reward players during a ctf match in this manner. Most kills, Most Caps per team, etc. The goal of course not awarding idling in the arena.
  3. CleverWalrus

CleverWalrus New Member

This will be EPIC.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How long will the afk platinum gathering last? It sounds good too keep activity up but afk mining is no good so why is afk platinum gathering?
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The system currently rewards players who are active during the month, in a very similar sense to how vet rewards work. A player can earn 6 vet rewards a year by default doing nothing. This new system is in testing as a possible replacement for that. By rewarding players for being active, and staying online rather than simply making accounts.

If this works as a good replacement for veteran rewards we will probably stick with it. For a simple example, a player with 3 accounts, playing for 12 months would earn 360 platinum using the new system. This would not be enough for a single ethereal horse. Under the old system you would earn 6 rewards simply for having a 365 day old account.

There are a variety of ways in which the system prevents players from earning platinum by simply creating accounts. You have to play to qualify, simply creating accounts and characters will not be rewarded with platinum.
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

What about distance travelled? can that be tracked at all? The act of running?
    sita69 likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yep, There are a variety of checks applied to the system during the monthly analysis.

I'm actually working on an update to the monthly reward system post at the moment. Should help answer all the questions anyone might have.
  8. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Blessed runebooks can still contain recall charges right?
  9. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yes. At the moment there are no plans to adjust their functionality.
  10. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Any chance there will be smaller charge tubs available for cheaper, becoming more expensive per charge the fewer you get?

Something like 15 charges for 100 platinum and 7 for 50.

I would love to get a blessed black runebook to match my purveyor of darkness outfit but not sure if I would really need the use as many as 24 other charges.

Just a thought.

Cheers
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Sure, That's not out of the question.

The reward list is subject to change over time. We still have a great deal of items to add to the list as well.
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I like the active method rather than account age for vet rewards. Under the account age system, someone who played beta and 3-4 momnths of live could come back in a few months and have 90-120 platinum even though they havent played since this system was implemented. Im continuely impressed with the "think it throughly through" before changes are implemented.
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Thats what we are currently evaluating Zyler. The standard vet reward system would guarantee you an item simply based on account age and a small fraction of gametime.

Under the monthly rewards system for our players, you are rewarded for playing, and being active. But the rewards are in line with what you would automatically get anyway under the classic OSI system.

That said, we are still entertaining ideas to reward out veterans in the classic sense.

Possible ideas that are being tossed around are additional bonding slots, non transferable house lockdown expansions, and such.

I still have nearly 50 items to add to the platinum rewards system over the next month as well. Our goal is for players to start here, and be able to spot that one item they want the most, and start working for it immediately.
  14. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Nearly 50...as in FIFTY other Plat rewards? Holy shiz pants Batman I'm excited!
  15. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

18 Monster Statues Added
    [​IMG]

Defensive Cloaks & Robes Added
    [​IMG]
    Note: These have account age requirements.

More to come soon.
  16. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Oh man, please tell me that cow statue plays a Mooo everytime you go by it. I so need one.

Also, what do the edition numbers mean? (editition?)
  17. qbradq

qbradq Member

Chris,

I love the addition of account age requirements for the robe and cloak! It's a nice way to show solidarity with the shard. Can't wait till I'm pimpin' my Valorite robe again :D Can you advise if the AR robes and cloaks are blessed or newbied?

Also, REAPER STATUE! Yea! :mrgreen:
  18. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

They are blessed, and I believe they are also immune to damage & breaking from combat wear & tear, at least they should be if im not mistaken.
  19. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yep

The editions are just related to the way in which OSI released them originally.
  20. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

I swear...it's like everytime I think to myself "This is just awesome!" You guys go and add something else that makes me SO HAPPY I found this shard. Literally my only regret is that due to work and the G/F my play time is reduced to casual. Damn I wish I could play all day every day! Keep up the wonderful work and know that it's appreciated by many, many players, of all play styles!