The Platinum System & Rewards

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

They equip to these layers;

Robe: Outer-Torso
    Cloak: Cloak

Both the robes & cloaks grant an additional +2 armor while equipped, and will stack this armor bonus regardless of any other equipment you may be wearing.

I don't believe they suffer any damage, however they come defaulted with 255/255 durability should they actually be vulnerable to damage like normal equipment.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Awesome, thanks!

What does the cloak cover? According to Stratics, there are 6 areas. I assume "Torso" means body, in the following chart, but I don't have any guess what cloak means:

Determine Hit Location *
    (Stacking different pieces of armor/clothing will not result in a cumulative effect-- in short, stacking does not work). Listed in order of percentage chance to Hit Location.
    Hit Location % Chance Armor/Clothing protecting this Location
    Body 44% Breastplates, Tunics, Dresses, Cloak, Shirts
    Arms 14% Arm Plates, Chainmail Tunic, Sleeves
    Head 14% Hats, Helmets
    Legs/Feet 14% Leg Plates, Leggings, Pants, Skirts, Thigh Boots
    Neck 7% Gorgets
    Hands 7% Gauntlets, Gloves

reference:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20001019020 ... atics.com/ and click on Combat, then Determine Hit Location

EDIT: also,

Does this mean, on the margin, the Robe absorbs 1 to 2 points of additional damage, of those hits that hit you in the chest?
  3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

"Cloak" is simply the body "layer" in which the item equips to. To my knowledge there is no other equipment which can be worn on the cloak layer other than a cloak itself.

We've modified our damage absorption code quite a bit from the default formulas, so without looking at the code I cannot give a definite answer (which I myself do not have direct access to). The quote above was a part to play in the problem with the large amount of 1 damage hits that existed long ago & has been (somewhat) rectified today.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I was not joking that I tested this. I wore a sash and cloak on test server and took about 10,000 points of damage over time from some ettins and neither item took damage.
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Got it, OK thanks guys.
  6. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Do homes with platinum purchased added lockdowns and secures retain those if the house is re-deeded?
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

They do not, they are a permanent addition to the house and cannot be redeemed or transferred. The house can however be sold to another player.
  8. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Gotta whine a little ...

Just deleted a char and lost all his online hours for this month. that's pretty annoying ...
    Maybe this can be added to the guide - if you delete a char, his online time for the month will be lost. Delete chars with online time on the 1st of a month.
  9. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

Sorry man, this happened to me also. I posted it in the bug forum as public warning. :cry:
  10. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

The +AR robes/cloaks:

Is the account age absolutely necessary? Seems a bit excessive considering you have to also pay a good penny for these items too.

Is it a vet reward or a platinum reward?If I remember correctly the etheral mounts also required a certain account age to use too but here they do not.
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Since the system requires that the character be active to a degree, if the character is deleted there is no way for the verification system to work properly. Secondly the way that the system tracks your gametime is linked directly to that character not to the account. So deleting that character deletes all history related to him. You can easily check the current status with the [wallet or [profile command to make sure you don't delete a character with accrued hours for the month.

Another way to put it is the gametime doesn't go into a pool constantly, it is only checked at the end of the month. If the character doesn't exist then, then the system assumes he never existed.

[​IMG]

In the case of my account, I could delete "Test Player Two" since he has no activity this month, but if I deleted Chris I would lose 433 hours. If this information was not easily available I could see this as a concern. Ergo why we have this gump.

Most reward items had a coded check to see if your account was old enough to use them. If you wanted to use a 3rd year reward item, your account was checked to see if it was at least 3 years old when using that item. Most of this system has been removed for our Veterans system. However since the cloaks are part a functional item and a statis symbol we felt it was fitting to implement a minimal system of account age checks for their use.

So for the time being the account age check will be in place for these items. We have no plans to change it going forward.
  12. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

Pretty much all of the advantage of having an ethy has already been taken away here. They're only for looking cool and occasionally not having to buy/tame a new horse. The robes still offer the same advantage they always did including the status of showing your age.
  13. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Bump for this. I bet many would be willing to pay a premium!
  14. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

This is already possible, with no premium. Chris will create you a dye tub with however many charges you want -- just calculate out the per-charge cost according to the list. Example -- furniture dye tub charges are 3 plat per -- I just bought a 4 charge tub over the weekend for 12.

For Wise's request, it would be 6 plat for a single charge.
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks for the info!
  16. Lycanthroat

Lycanthroat New Member

I just started on this server and while this system looks neat what about other "vet rewards" from OSI. Is there some way to acquire Leather, Special, and Black Dye tubs?
  17. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome to UOR!

you can get Black & Leather Dye tubs from BOD rewards, special dye tubs we don't have
  18. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

You can earn platinum by...
    "Stealing from other players. (Live!)"

Does this mean that whenever stealing from a player, the thief has a chance of receiving a platnium coin? Or just simply, that a steal is able to steal platinum from anyone who holds it?
  19. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Well you can always steal plat from other players which is possible the best steal ever since it's so lightweight and is commonly traded.

The way I understood it, there should also be a chance you can steal platinum from monsters. Or you get a plat for stealing lots of stuff from monster ... not really sure.

Don't think there are plans to award plat for stealing from other players. It's just too easy to exploit that system ...
  20. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Is there a way to have a farm land put in my courtyard that produces veggies using plat? (like the carpet)