The Reaping

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Antos, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Antos

Antos Well-Known Member

Antos stood atop the newly acquired tower at Yew Harbor with a nearly empty bottle of wine in his hand. Expanding the Harbor should have been an occasion to share the bottle with his fellow citizens of Yew in good cheer, but fate had conspired to bring darkness to their doorstep on what might have been an otherwise joyous celebration. Draining the bottle of its remaining contents, he tossed it casually into a barrel and began to rummage through the few packing crates that had arrived. Finding his prized writing desk among the clutter, he dragged it out, took a quill and blank scroll from within and began to record an account of the events that had come to weigh so heavily on his heart.

eherruh, Jaana, Alex Caember and 4 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

A bird arrives and perches upon the bough of the Yew harbor ships. It makes no motion to cross over the threshold of the earth. It eyes the land carefully and beckons you to retrieve the missive tied about it's talons...

Antos, my friend, I have pondered upon the events, and find myself most focused not on the singularity, but plurality of the attacks. A common factor in both such events is that items of value and power were both being moved and thus vulnerable. The only common denominator is that the very earth we moved them across. It seems whatever is behind these attacks was aware of our separate activities simultaneously, albeit neither you nor I had planned to be moving our relics about on the same day. This I imagine is a clue, but of what I still am uncertain. Whatever it is, it has ability to observe over vast distances therefore I think this connected to the earth. I shall be testing this theory by traveling to the various island of the realm to see if this force can observe my there as easily as it did in Paws.

I send you my recollection of the events, I trust you know how to open them and examine them. I have made all efforts to moderate them, but be wary, that at times my memories can lash out.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    eherruh, Antos and Jaana like this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Antos, I send you by the same means some further memories of my investigations. The same warning as before applies - examine these with care.

eherruh and Antos like this.