Thieves !!

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by O'Malley, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

What, you're just a gnome!
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

* steals your underpants *
    Hadrian and Jakob like this.
  3. Celestrael

Celestrael Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think theives are doing just fine. I’ve had you guys all in my pockets near the banks and guards didn’t get called. So I had to chase you down and kill you to get back my item on principle. I’ve also made a habit of banking with dragons incase y’all get cute. lol

If you’re getting guards it’s because you’re not using finesse.
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Well, the finesse would be casting wall of stone all around you, but this is quite an obvious move that something is about to go down (into your pockets!). Wall of stone even need to block NPCs from inside buildings!
    O'Malley likes this.
  5. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Lol.
    One and Evil Dead like this.
  6. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    One and O'Malley like this.
  7. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

In order to steal bank checks and house deeds they have to in a extra bag. That means, the weight wasn't actually zero and more likely 1-3 stones (weight of the bag).

But yeah, the chance to stay blue depends on the weight and the potential witnesses around you. That's how it was handled in OSI during this era.
  8. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  9. Raag74

Raag74 Member

I turned gray after stealing a 0 weight item just today
  10. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Give thieves something PVM oriented to do.

Maybe we can steal seeds to grow plants/gardens. ;)

lol Thieving is so nerfed on UO:R that I make 99% bigger gains just knocking on people's doors telling them about jesus.
    The idea that thieving is in a good place atm is delusional at best. People break into a home and that's call thieving. But it doesn't require stealing or snooping.

And uo:r has so many juicy items that are newbie/blessed, it's a total c,block.

---
    What they need to fix is stupidity. Thieves aren't a problem, you dummies who carry checks in pouches are.
    people crying loud enough = game devs caving in on the hardcore experience. Educate yourselves and stop being the victim.

I know this post will ruffle feathers, but that's not it's purpose.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  11. Raag74

Raag74 Member

In UOR if you steal from an innocent player you will flag criminal regardless of whether you were noticed by an NPC
  12. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I was sad and feeling lonely at occlos streets... poor, drunk and looking for friends... than i met the criminality... after a few success i saw my self for hours checking empty afk`s bags... then i trained some wrestling and resist and now i am living in the dungeon, stealing monsters and simulating a fight with them when i have company. But i am missing the drugs and the prostitutes of the city... any help to make the process easier will gonna help.
    One likes this.
  13. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Talk to your targets, strike up a conversation. Tell them about your warrior or mage build that char has. Get them comfortable with you and ease into place. Then get them typing a long sentence and strike! ;)
  14. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Yeah i didnnt thinked about it till now... i should be the prostitute... damm
  15. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

hit me with those digits.
  16. Eye Steel

Eye Steel Active Member

Say what you will about how nerfed stealing is. You’re not wrong. Being a successful thief here is challenging, but I think that’s why I like it so damn much.

A lot goes into a successful steal: snooping discreetly, planning the grab, having an exit strategy, managing LOS in town, managing monster and pet traffic in dungeons, a quick eye for the valuable, surviving failed disarms, defending yourself long enough to escape, and of course extreme patience. And let’s not forget the art of selling items back to extremely pissed off customers.

Every profession has its own nuances. Even tamers have to master monster mechanics to tame high-end monsters without trying on a designer death robe.

Whatever you do, just put in the work and learn to do it well, and try to be a good sport about it.
    Alvien, JimmyTheHand, Hawkeye and 3 others like this.