Unable to run in Ubuntu 20.04

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Beefcake, May 17, 2021.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake New Member

I have a fresh install of ubuntu 20.04 and I have followed all of the steps listed on the linux install page.

when I run "mono UORLauncherLite.exe" from the terminal, I get the following error.

"The entry point method could not be loaded due to Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies"

I've tried to research and troubleshoot, but I'm not finding any solutions. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. Beefcake

Beefcake New Member

If anyone stumbles across this, I installed mono-devel and mono-dbg and this seemed to fix the issue. I still get the error "
    Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
    Can't find custom attr constructor image: /home/user/uorlauncher/UORLauncher.exe mtoken: 0x0a00000c due to: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies." However, the launcher now starts.
  3. Beefcake

Beefcake New Member

Spoke too soon. The launcher will run, however, when I attempt to run the game by clicking Play "UO:Renaissance", I get the following error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0