UOR Monthly Vet Rewards - Stay Active, Earn Platinum

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The castle courtyard would be doable but only on a smaller scale and most likely without a drawbridge. If we go the route of new Multi designs, players can simply purchase or upgrade their house to a "Moat" version resulting in just a different Multi(house) ID and no additional item count for the server. For a fortress this is borderline as a house addon, but still could require 100-150 new items.

A decision will most likely be made as we move towards guild additions to communities, and start planning out all the available items.
  2. Lord Daemon

Lord Daemon New Member

The moat filled with water...
    Can you fish in it?
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

[16:56:34] <Deacon> By the way, fishing in those water courtyards a nogo?
    [16:56:55] <Telamon> by the time I add them, you wouldnt be able to fish
    [16:57:13] <Deacon> heh
    [16:57:14] <Telamon> id work in a house region check for the target most likely
    [16:57:39] <Telamon> with a humorous message about all the peeing in the moat killed the fish
  4. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Do characters need to be alive in order to accumulate platinum? I believe I had 490 hours logged last month, but only received 6 platinum for it. All I can think of is my usual AFK character was killed around the 25th and I never bothered to rez them.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Alive/Dead doesn't affect the system. However one of the characters with online time, might have failed some of the metrics that check to see if it is any active character.

If you shoot me a pm on the forums I can look at the logs.
  6. Spoiled Milk

Spoiled Milk New Member

Ok staff, you owe me a new pair of underware! That moat is just too awesome and I might have creamed my panties. LOVE THIS SERVER!
    Got my toons logged in all the time now. Hoping to snag some guildies from that other UOR shard.

Speaking of which, the 3 things that I liked about this server vs that are:

1) No custom houses! Makes me want to barf at some of the "designs", but there are a few nice ones. Not enough to outweigh the crap though :(
    2) No super fast skill gains. GM means something again.
    3) The site is just too amazing. I have mad respect for your web team. So much work done, so many databases. I spent a lot of time just crawling the main site while I'm at work and can't play UO :p

Keep up the great work!
  7. Soear

Soear Well-Known Member

^^ this
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome Aboard Guys, Thanks for the kind words.
  9. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

awesome addons, there all baddass, so it will be hard to decide which one to choose.
  10. Kahun

Kahun Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

One question on this system, Chris:

In the uppermost post, you explain that to earn platinum by this system you more or less only need to be logged in ("Simply stay active during the month doing whatever you like, be it banksitting, macroing, househiding, pvping or pvm'ing."). Later on, you mention that one of Basoosh's characters "might have failed some of the metrics that check to see if it is any active character".

I am now wondering what those metrics are? Just wondering if I can do something wrong when househiding and not get any platinum for that. Do I need to macro anything for this to work, or can I just be logged in, hidden in a house?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am just now qualifying for the system (account older than 30 days) and want to get my hands on a blessed runebook as soon as possible... ;-)

Oh, also, I love this shard. This actually brought me back after more than 10 years of grieving over OSI's turning neon. Thank you!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  11. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't remember that particular instance anymore, but I think I had deleted a character prior to the end of the month that had most of my playtime.

The exact criteria might be a "secret sauce", but from my experience with the system:
    • Don't delete a character that has accumulated time until the following month.
    • A freshly created character with no skills or stats does not seem to accrue playtime.
    • You do not need to be running any macro. Mine sit completely idle during downtime and it counts.
  12. Kahun

Kahun Active Member

Thank you for your answer, Basoosh!

Now it would be interesting to know how much skills and/or stats a character needs for the system to work...
  13. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Has platinum not kicked in yet today? I'm still displaying last months numbers and don't have anything in my wallet.
    Rextacy likes this.
  14. Tuchulcha Aita

Tuchulcha Aita New Member

Are the platinum rewards still active? Do you have to just be active or active and registered?
  15. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Plat rewards are active. you purchase them with platinum. you can get it by killing mobs or staying logged in 24/7. you can get a max of 10 per account per month for a total of 30.