"War" Stories

Discussion in '5-finger Discount [5D]' started by Player X, May 13, 2014.

1. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

Post stories and screenshots of your most epic successes and failures here!
  2. Leafer

Leafer New Member

Why I like IRC :)
    Player X likes this.
  3. Player X

Very nice acquisition Leafer!
  4. Leafer

Leafer New Member

I need to stop picking on Jake. I got a power axe from him a few weeks ago and tonight I got something better.

I was nosing around Moonglow when I noticed a familiar face. Jake. Remembering the luck I had with him last time, I gave him a lookover to find a massive double axe of vanquishing! All I need to do now is start a fight. Getting in closer, I notice he has a wand of ID and grab it without looking further. Now that I'm criminal to him, I run a bit further from town and prepare to disarm. He gives chase but barely lands a single blow before I notice the weapon drop from his hands and I quickly take action to lift the axe from his pack. He chases me around a bit before I dissapear once more.

A short while later, I run by and notice he's still around! Once again getting a closer look, I notice a magic broadsword. Without thinking, I snatch the sword and run! Using the ID wand I stole from Jake earlier in the night, I find that the magic broadsword is an emminently accurate broadsword of vanquishing!

Jake isn't happy about any of this. He gives chase, but I lose him after a short sprint and a few sharp turns. Not long after, Montaron joins the chase! I don't know of their relationship, but Montaron's tracking and reveal spell wasn't enough to aid Jake in retrieving his lost goods. I escape into the night, making it back to the hideout. Montaron eventually tracks my steps back to the hideout, but I'm safely locked inside. Leafer_8-13_01small.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Exorcist likes this.
  5. Player X

Great read Leafer! Keep up the great work :D
  6. Player X

It was early one evening when I heard Weigraf's voice call out, "all newbs come to vesper!" I immediately donned my most newbish attire and ran to the closest moongate. I traveled to minoc then ran as fast as I could toward the town of vesper.

As I approached the guard zone I saw Weigraf inside a small house along the road. He rushed outside to greet me and ushered me inside. Once inside Weigraf offered me a membership to his guild the Vesper Guard. If I was not already a member... nay... the Guildmaster of 5D, I may have accepted his offer but instead I told him I was already in a guild with my real life best friend. *Awwww*

Wiegraf continued with his recruitment ploy, trying to get me to leave my "best friend's" guild for his. He explained to me all the perks his guild had and I pretended to accept his offer. I stepped up to the guild stone and stood next to Weigraf... but my eyes were not fixed on the stone. I peaked into Weigraf's backpack and found a nice 2handed vanq axe glistening in the candle light. My heart began to beat faster and my eyes narrowed. This was my window of opportunity.

Within a blink of an eye I snatched the axe from Weigraf's backpack and ran out of the house, kicking the door open as I left! I ran down the road, ducking around houses until I was able to successfully hide behind some bushes! *Phew* I made it! Weigraf stomped off in defeat as he knew he had been bested. I collected my thoughts (after about 120 seconds) and returned to my fortress of solitude.

Yet another victory for 5-finger Discount!!!
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    Tuco and Leafer like this.
  7. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

So once upon a time two weeks ago, I was just kicking around the hedge maze, you know, fingering my nose at daemons and scooping up all the free apples I could eat, when I says to myself "Hey, lets go gank some dreads with this new 80k +20 double axe of Power and Spider's Death! Surely I will kill many spiders and become rich without incident!"

After no more than three kills, I disarm in order to identify a Q-Staff that dropped, and before I knew it, the name "BlackEye" in grey and the words "Rel Por" appear on my screen...

"What in the name of clear blue hell?" I think to myself...but by the time I closed my packs and realized what had happened, Mr. Eye had disappeared from view with a small tower's worth from my pack.

Being the "go with the flow" kinda guy I am, instead of getting mad and ragequitting or possibly throwing my mouse at a passer-by, I messaged BlackEye and congratulated him on his slick moves. He said thanks and we parted ways...but not for long...

His display at the hedge maze had inspired me. Within a week I had a 7xgm mage/stealther thief ready to fucking rock and roll...and before long, I had become a patch-wearing member of [5d] myself and was stealing STOOPID LEWTZ from tamers at the Valentine's Day events.

The end.
    BlackEye and Player X like this.
  8. Lem

Lem New Member

My first day on the job.

It started with some petty thievery which included a handful of diamonds and an Item ID Wand, you know, just to get the juices flowing. I offered to sell the ID wand back to the mark but he was not interested. Perhaps I should have just taken the star sapphires instead.
    [​IMG]

Before going on my way I gave him some solid advice.

[​IMG]

Back at the bank to change into a new disguise, I noticed a gaggle of ostard riders preparing to enter a gate. So naturally I followed, and on the other side, wouldn't you know it, was a guildhouse.

[​IMG]

I caught the tail end of them all running through the doors...rather nonchalantly. No pause to unlock and lock. No keys sighted anywhere near the door. Interesting.
    As I'm sneaking nearer and nearer to the door, I'm thinking 'they can't possibly be this carefree'. 'Is this real?' I approach the door and pause to collect my thoughts. Do I try to open it? What if it works?
    [​IMG]
    I patiently wait for a bit to see what they plan on doing. I notice them start sparring. I let it go for a bit. I let it go a little longer, and I approach the door and attempt to open it. I figure no matter what this is good for a laugh. And I was right, because it opened. I was so dumbfounded it took me a second to stealth away from the hilarious frenzy going on inside the house. Strangely enough not one Wis Quas was seen or heard. A frantic search was made all throughout the house and what I assume was their leader did multiple laps around the house with his horse, which I deftly evaded each time.

Before I had time to come down off the adrenaline high of all this craziness happening on my first day, the leader recalled away. Hindsight is 20/20 but I should have used this opportunity to make a smash and grab for one of the other members as the door stayed open for those precious seconds, but not all tales have a happy ending. He returned with I assume the keys and locked up. After patiently waiting a few more minutes, I start to realize this will go nowhere, so I head out, but in a panic I head out just a little too quickly and they spot me.

"No harm no foul", I said.
    "True", the man in red said. "Do you need a gate to town?"
    I figure he has me by the balls no matter what so I agree and follow him back to his guild house.
    "Have a nice day," I said as the final Energy Bolt sent me into the nether.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

BlackEye and Rlyeh like this.
  9. Rlyeh

Rlyeh New Member

My first war story is pretty short and sweet, but on my second day I managed to provoke some scrub named "Rifkin" into attacking me in town and getting him guard whacked, I was probably laughing for a good 15 minutes or so and it made the rest of my day.

I had been harassing what I think was his tamer so he either logged on his dexxer or got his dexxer friend to try and help him kill me.

I always find it amusing when people don't understand the perma grey system and love getting them whacked. It's the best 1337 pvp ever imo

My bounty from this harvest was a full suit of GM platemail with runic warfork and heater shield, overall I was really happy.

here's the loot

[​IMG]
    BlackEye likes this.
  10. Rlyeh

Rlyeh New Member

Stolen slayer weapon from delitem.

[​IMG]

Lord Tick was afk with a house key and a rune LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and emptying an afk's bag of about 300 of each reg...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all from last night ish.

green circles are my bags red theirs. I'm sure I'll get better at documenting this stuff.

We also provoked ned stark into getting guard whacked and he lost a full suit of verite dexxer armor, I kept telling him that ned lost his head and he was really really not happy.

There was some other mayham I didn't capture last night running around with NWO's noto pk's managed to get 2 guys killed and looted 2 suits of barbed armor. More pics inc.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    garvey, BlackEye and Delitem like this.
  11. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Great to have some new ambitioned thieves in our honorable society. Love your stories.
  12. Player X

Another win for 5D!

It was a slow day in Skara when I stumbled upon a mystical glowing portal near the bank. I was already stealthing through the shadows and figured why not venture in. So I did.
    On the other side I found myself in the heart of despise valley. Upon closer inspection I determined the few people in this area were in the middle of placing and arranging some houses. I knew this was yet another great opportunity for 5D so I stealthed out of the area and recalled back to town to grab a small house deed.
    I made the long run back and stealthed into the valley once more where I sat and waited for the most opportune moment. I didn't know if I was going to house loot these people, grab from their packs, or place a house, but after 30 minutes or so it became clear. This man was trying to place new houses so I positioned myself accprdingly.
    After a painful amount of time hovering over my mouse...... the owner finally dropped a small house in the valley and I immediately pounced on it. I built this house from foundation to roof in 1 second flat!
    Alas! I own a house in despise valley!
    Nelson_4-1_17.43.jpg
    Long live 5D!!
    Great dungeon restock house or ransom house for sale! Only 1mil!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Tuco likes this.
  13. BlackEye

Great success! So that's why El Horno is so eager to speak with you! :D
  14. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Ya I was curious as to how this went down, just wanted to confirm it was not a job carried out by any fellow guild members.
  15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  16. Player X

Maybe you guys can all pitch in and buy it back for him. I lowered the price to a mere 500k.
  17. BlackEye

And its worth no less!
  18. Carl

Carl Active Member

I even had to commend him for this event. It was a test a patience. Impressive to say the least
    BlackEye likes this.
  19. a bad name

a bad name Member

I dont get it? Carl dropped a house and you took it?