Whats your Specialization or Nitch here?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Keza, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Tol

Tol Member

Hey guys,
    I am curious about this as well, I grew up on a different style of UO (EA servers about 2005-06 ML up until gargoyles 2016ish?) and so I often find myself wondering what to do because it's much different than I'm used to. I think I can do something only to get my ass handed to me pretty quickly. LOL. I often end up on the tamer because it's capable or in town working skills.

I also recently returned after an extended absence so finding a niche to fill or unusual activity is of interest to me, especially if I can make some money off it. Most of my gold disappeared due to pets. (Not complaining, I'd rather have the pets, I worked hard to bond my dragons!) I was all about the tamer at first but I have found it harder and harder to log in to him. I do want to finish my unique pet scroll tho.

A big example of changes that are hard for me to get use to are recalls/gates. I played somewhere where you could only recall and gate outside of dungeons. To hit recall inside a dungeon is such a weird and foreign idea to me I often die to PKs thinking I have to get to a certain point before I can recall.

Spells and spell effects are slightly different. Most skills in general. So I think my biggest obstacle is learning the game all over again, and forgetting what I already 'know'.

A specialization or niche would be awesome for me. I would be able to get going financially without the constant tamer grind, help someone by providing a service, and learn a part of the game I wouldn't know or do normally, while also relearning the general way things work. I'd be very interested to hear more.
    Buga, Pulse and Xavant_BR like this.
  2. Codus

Codus Well-Known Member

been around for years.. but still a "newb". I agree with @Jill Stihl that my main nitche is discord-pvp however ingame i rotate so it doesn't get stale.

Some go-to's are Tmaps and Bods. I do like throwing fishing nets but getting them is quite a chore. Battle mining can be fun. I like to wander the world and look at people's deco and see what there is to be seen. During the holidays i like to collect rare armor and cloth (getting a full set of all 3 holloween armors, etc...)

Lately, I have even tried some pvp
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  3. Mino

Mino Active Member

Achievement: ironmanned all AMiBs without killing a single goon.

Niche: GM Scavenging
    Zyler likes this.
  4. Venger

Venger Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Murder
    Orion GM BD and Zyler like this.
  5. Patek

Patek Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Writing macros.
    Problem-solving macros.
    Sharing macros.
    Selling macros.
    Helping others with macros.

and mining ingots. So many ingots. Have mined, at very least, 6 million iron ingots (not to mention coloured ingots) at last count lol.

If anyone needs help with a Razor macro let me know, I’m always up for a good logic puzzle :)
    Zyler and a space mongbat like this.
  6. Murdoc82

Murdoc82 New Member

I just came back after a little break from the Christmas event. After all that PVE, I'm looking to start playing my town thief more and also an "experimental" thief I'm working on. That and a battle miner on the side to help get my smith to GM.
  7. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

8. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Lockpicking or using my Elementalist. :)
  9. Einar

Einar Well-Known Member

currently this is my favorite template to run,
    with no armor a gm bow, and a hellcat,
    30 ea reg and 100 bandies 100 arrows, and a gate scroll, i can do damn near anything with him, especially if i use the good pets
    i rarely fish anymore, but ive dropped and raised it 3x on this toon, so im keepin it

Aldrich_Unknown_11-19_19.29 (2).jpg

*edit, i also like house decorating
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  10. Gotzhaus

Gotzhaus New Member

Fishing and checking chest's in dungeon's
  11. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Well-Known Member

@Dream Weaver I've just (re)started my collection. I sort them by hue number.
    clothhues.png
    Quartz, Jill Stihl, AOٌ and 2 others like this.
  12. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Well-Known Member

@Mr. Green you've inspired me to show what's inside my hued boxes. I also organize by hue number, but I think 1700s fit better between 1400s and 1500s visually. I even think some of this cloth was yours at one point.

Hues 1201 - 1754.png
    Hues 1801 - 1908.png
    Hues 2401 - 2430.png