yawn

Discussion in 'True Britannians' started by Gnarl, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ah cool, thanks guys. Gimped cities!
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Good fights out there today everyone. Don't get discouraged by losses, it's bound to happen (I know I've taken mine and will again). We're all in Mumble and have months of time together as a team. Keep up the good work and let's keep having good times out there.
  4. Gnarl

Gnarl Active Member

I asked Telamon to setup a Ventrilo room for TB and he will do so tomorrow. So break out your microphones and work on your singing voice.

Contact me in IRC for the password, no spies now.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Mes likes this.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

We've had very little issue with audio espionage on chat. I highly recommend going out and setting up your own Mumble server (or Vent if you like hokey old stuff). You can get bottom end packages that are like $1 a month. I know I pull more than that out of my couch on the regular, so I signed up for like 15 seats @ $19.95 a year. Worth it even if I barely use it.
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Had some fun field fights with TB the last few days.
  7. gbus

gbus Active Member

Let's get it on and poppin!!!!... better watch out I may have to break some fools off and start a CoM or Minax Faction.... See you crackers and crackets in the field :) MUWAHAHAHAA Fluffy's gonna get youuuu.
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

9. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

10. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Man, that was fun to drop in, but for having +25 Vanq I sure did miss a lot and only got two decent hits in. Sick of this useless shit, either sit there and GHeal through 120 DEX bow shots or if you have studded+ you can bandage through it. /shelved until changes
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

There is no shard where you cannot greater heal through a 120 Dex bow shot. I hope you've got space on your shelves.

Either spell combo with purple potions, or get a teammate or two for effective killing in group combat.

This is the same problem, from a different angle, for mages. I can easily bandage and pot my way through anyone's dumps, if I'm fully equipped, 1v1.
    Mes likes this.
  12. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

That's good Blaise... but what was the motto of THIS shard though? Oh well, maybe I can get my LJ in and do some dmg.

I'm fine with the GHeal through the shots, it is simply the dmg output of the bow(in this case top of the line) is severely hampered by the armor worn. Some weapons could use a higher minimum dmg roll to bring up the avg dmg a bit. I do use pots but damn, that is where my dmg comes from!!! It was fun though TRYING to kill someone. Well, I tried the archer, got real world faction data and recorded that crap. I may still patrol (roleplay) and annoy some people but I just lose a lot of arrows, they don't grow on trees you know... wait a second.

Archer: Below average faction pvp template.
    Solo: Minor annoyance, kite and throw purple pots.
    Group: Unreliable dmg output, move and miss or sit still and die.
    Weaknesses: Poison and maces
    Mes likes this.
  13. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your assessment of archery, but I might disagree with your expectations of it.

I have this guildmate that claims it's effective as an archer mage http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_player&id=370330

And I recall fights in the last couple months where he would kill players like Sandro solo while we were working elsewhere as a team. I remember wrapping up a target and saying "Where's Torin Gorefiend?" and him saying "oh I killed him already."

I believe he mainly used magery and equipped the bow to use within combos or to chase down someone for a finisher - which he claimed was effective.

I know what you want is to be effective with just the bow but this is a tough reality of pvp mechanics...slow sustained damage does not get kills. It may outlast in a long battle but it does not get kills. Quick, coordinated damage and wombo-combos get kills. This is just not typically archery's strength in this era.

I did record that battle from the start and I remember having some laughing comments about how your approach wasn't effective, but I think a lot of your problem right now is solo running and gunning...I almost always communicate and coordinate attacks.

http://www.twitch.tv/mes_tt/b/524058565
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Then you'll be in the same boat I sail 1v1, every time I go out. The one where you knock a guy down to %10 health and they just gheal through it. This is NOT unique to archers, so please drop the 'wo is me' attitude about it. You're trying to solo in a group combat game, the end. If you lose a 1v1 here, you either screwed up or were not properly equipped or trained for it.

I can do BIG damage, just like I can with my archer, but it doesn't mean shit if I don't use the available tools to actually finish the job. Lightning wands and purple potions work on the run and are a very important part of PvP here, even if I don't care for them.

You don't want to supplement your physical damage with them? Fine. Just don't expect to get a bunch of easy kills without them.

Personally, I don't usually even stock pots or wands, but that's also why I usually don't get kills 1v1. I generally don't die either, but that's because my enemies aren't pot-wanding either, more often than not.
  15. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Well, I tried lighting wands but they take about the same time to disarm/arm and hit that I could get another "more powerful" bow shot. This is way more than a group combat game, and I do solo kill people, they just aren't fighting back at that moment in time, like a faction miner in the cave north of brit. :p

Maybe I will swap to Mage/archer it is a quick swap, could be fun to learn. I love the comment in the vid, "This is fighting Wulv" I don't know another way to fight 3 people other than try to get the hell out of there! :D Brits took a time out though, let us run right by... o_O was hoping to lure them onto you and let me get out.
    Mes likes this.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

So you understand completely that the only time you're going to kill someone solo is if they are not paying attention, ill equipped or just making a mistake. That's good, now we can move on.

Factions is a group combat game and there is absolutely 0 argument to that fact. No single character can do all of the things that can and often need to be done in Factions to compete. The end.

I would love to see some more beef for archery, but I never, ever ever, want to see any template be superior to another in unrestricted combat.
  17. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Well, you should change "you're" to "anyone" and then I would agree.

So, I can't run around solo and pvp? Nonsense... plenty of people do it, as I have had a good amount of solo fights this past week. That is a part of Factions as town security patrols and is pretty fun when you get out there and do it, you don't have to be in a group 100% of the time.

That is the least effective way to kill someone with a bow. That would mean he had to equip the bow after a dump and wait for the delay to get a lucky shot off (lack of tactics = weak dmg), that takes a looooong time. I can see him waiting for a good hit prior to a dump, but arrows are wet noodles with that build.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yes, I meant to imply 'anyone', sorry you didn't read it that way. No one ever said you can't solo. I'm just saying, as I have, that two fully equipped and capable combatants, can't kill each other until one slips up or runs out of resources. Up to and including purple potions, lightning and greater heal wands.

I'm not saying it's a problem. 1:1 should even out, if's all about making your opponent slip up or wearing them down. :)
  19. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Magery/Med/Eval/Resist/Anatomy/Tactics/Archery btw

Sephirolegolas has tactics. It doesn't sound like a build I want to play but it did seem like he did very well with it the couple times he showed up to faction.

Hope you find a way to make factions enjoyable for you, genuinely. I don't like hearing that everything's broken from different people though...it's not the system. It's the way you are trying to play it. Again, I hope it ends up being fun for you, regardless.
  20. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, that looks risky, glass cannon type haha.

Yeah, we will see, factions is just whatever we make of it I guess.