A Plea to the kind hearted souls on UOR - True UO end game: Being a PKK

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hiji Zuru, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Hiji Zuru

Hiji Zuru Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello my friends and enemies. Today I bring you a sincere message straight from my heart. It is also just my opinion and I am not trying to offend anyone.

Once upon a time long long ago in a shard far far away I was an evil green frog and killed many people. Sadly, I did not quite enjoy this behavior but it is what my UO friends wanted to do so I just went along with it. But I rarely enjoyed it. So I shed shed my past. Shed the guilt. So I want to bring you this message......

Many of you I think would argue that turning into a legendary PK is the ultimate end game for Ultima. After many years people have thoroughly exhausted any joy from crafting, farming, or otherwise....

And so that leads them into the murdering ways which is a more dynamic and unpredictable form of game play.
    [​IMG]

But I want to challenge this idea. Especially as I reflect on the past few months.

The ultimate end game for Ultima is not becoming a murderer.
    It is fighting the murderers.
    I think this form of gameplay could be more challenging and rewarding for some people

[​IMG]
    So I want you to ask yourself...

...have you ever pked someone and felt a pang of regret?

...have you ever murdered a noob and gave all their gold back because you feel like a dick...?

...have you ever gated your victim out because you feelsbadman.jpg...?

[​IMG]

I am calling on all the people who don't truly enjoy PKing to consider this

Embrace who you are and become the good guy

Stop fighting your instincts, stop fighting who you are

you know you will have more fun fighting competent pvpers and you will feel good doing it

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Zyler, Bloodlust, Balgami and 9 others like this.
  2. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I would love to do this. I have done a good bit of PK hunting in the past as well.

Unfortunately, there are no PK's on UOR. We have a few red players who, through the use of 3 accounts, and partly due to the plat system adding incentive to stay online 24/7, can kill at least 9 people per day without any risk of statloss. At least 9, because many victims simply do not give counts, or they kill the same victim again fast enough such that they cannot give another count. These aren't PKs.

It's not worth the time or effort as there's not really any reward (and don't event suggest that the "bounty" is the reward).

You aren't going to appeal to the "pvpers" here. They don't want to spend time chasing down PK's, and PK's aren't looking for a fair fight and will flee or are already pals with them. It's easier to log in and duel at the duel pit or join a faction.

If you find a PK that has many short term counts, and is doing terrible things, please pm me with the information, I would love to hear about it. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to the "Jhelom PK" who I think is doing a very noble job.
    Xegugg, Lyta, ReZon and 8 others like this.
  3. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Snap is correct about the PK situation here. I would still support the OP if I had the right ping and the right timezone... it still has it's rewards. I would probably hide with 2 out of 3 clients at hot spots, maybe even offer a bodyguard service for a small fee to farmers there and ambush incoming PKs.

All while gaming on the 3rd client.
  4. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Jhelom PK... What a douche bag!!

Edit:
    Upon searching, there is more than 1 Jhelom PK now. I blame @Thelax for accusing everyone of being The Jhelom PK.
    Maybe I can convince my guild to be all the city PKs!!
    Buc's PK... Cove PK... Delucia PK...
    Sounds... Enlightening!!

PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

I applaud Hiji for creating a thread which isn't flame bait.

Snap is partially right.
    People aren't going to rally themselves into taking up arms and trotting the globe in search of evil doers.
    Not when the rewards are less and the difficulty is cranked up (see below).

Question:
    do you want to run into ogre lords with yer buddy and synch dump on a bard and get 5k + victory....
    Or do you want to dungeon-hop looking for Anarchy, rolling four people deep, and get overwhelmed?

The answer is evident by a lot of peoples actions.

Buuuut.
    While people may not rally themselves to choose the Hero path...
    They will allow themselves to follow a good leader.
    If someone were to take the reigns on this and assemble a guild driven to patrolling the dark alleys of Britannia.
    If they were to do this and follow through on it with effort and conviction...
    Then others would follow!

It might not be too late for you to lead by example Hiji...
    Focus all your righteousness into that constructive pursuit!
    Take up arms and spells and mare against the miscreants you desire to see punished.
    Or do you want someone else to do it for you?
    One likes this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

PK World Tour.png

GOING HAM !
    Pirul, PaddyOBrien, Random and 5 others like this.
  7. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

PK hunting in this shard is limited to setting traps in ice entrance and gazers. The "shitty" PK's who don't go into deep stat can't be contested by shitty blues and people who could contest them are often also PK's themselves. Make a PK hunter guild and declare war to PK guilds, we will take it from there.
    One likes this.
  8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

PK's on the shard will never let HIJI start an anti-PK guild....It would be the end of PK'ing!

Can I please have that purple potion macro wylwrk ?
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

11. Hiji Zuru

They have. Its called Cult of Kek [Kek]. Apparently you only have to change a letter to lowercase to use a guild tag that is already in use. I didn't know that was a problem (I am 99% its not era accurate) otherwise I would have bought more guildstones.

This is one mechanic I think its extremely bad for our community. It is almost pointless to develop a character or guild.

If my tag is KEK I shouldn't have to buy 3 or 4 more guildstones to protect all the different case types. There should at least be a warning when you make a guild.
  12. Hiji Zuru

Giving these people PVP opportunities is the last thing I will do. So many of these people are willing to break the rules here it wouldn't surprise me most of them are using banned third party programs. Most importantly, they want pvp. I will deny them that anyway I can until the griefing stops.

13. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

This is only an issue because someone deliberately copied your guild and your characters, though. Under any other circumstances, who cares if a guild has a similar abbreviation? Maybe there should be measures against character copying/impersonation, but I don't see how you enforce that without making a bunch of shitty rules.
  14. Hiji Zuru

The only rule you need is no copying of guild tags regardless of case.
  15. Hiji Zuru

It's only an issue because I didn't know or expect this to be a problem. From my memory you surely could not do this back in the day. Just like how you can recall into t2a dungeons from fel it was a huge surprise. I have millions of gold I could have bought all the stupid guildstones I needed to protect my guild name.

16. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

The problem might have more to do with threads like this ( http://uorforum.com/threads/tips-for-new-players-on-this-shard-some-things-i-wish-i-knew.22451/ ) where you put everyone in the same illusionary box. I have to think that encourages people to troll you while you isolate yourself from the community. If you've made millions you must be investing time here, but you seem to hate the server. You wouldn't have needed to buy a bunch of guildstones to protect your name if you hadn't drawn so much negative attention to yourself, and this probably wouldn't be happening right now. I'm not trying to be confrontational at all, but I do hope you find a way to relax a bit. Calling out literally everyone on a regular basis doesn't create an environment where people will want to get to know and have fun with you. I'm not sure who you are referring to in all these posts because it certainly isn't any of my friends or people I know, who are awesome.
    wylwrk, One and Pirul like this.
  17. BuckofPac

BuckofPac New Member

soon as i get a character built im down to fight reds !
    BlackEye and PaddyOBrien like this.
  18. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Sidebar:

I usually have a grasp on my memes - I'm 34, so I grew up with AYB, trollfaces, and whatever else. But I've never 'gotten' the Pepe meme. After reading the wikipedia page, I'm even more confused how it took off. Someone enlighten me.
  19. Hiji Zuru

Good question!

This is a good recap of its history before the united states presidential election.

Basoosh likes this.
  20. Loxness

Loxness Active Member

upload_2017-3-16_14-19-53.jpeg

Pepe the Frog is a popular Internet meme. The fictional green anthropomorphic frog with a frog-like face and a humanoid body is originally from a comic series by Matt Furie called Boy's Club. It became an Internet meme when its popularity steadily grew across Myspace, Gaia Online and 4chan in 2008.​
    Hiji Zuru likes this.