Bolas!

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Ponne, Nov 25, 2017.

Add bolas!!!!

Poll closed Dec 2, 2017.
  1. HELL YEA

48.4%
  2. No im a bitch and i love running.

51.6%
  1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Unknown_Hero and BlackEye like this.
  2. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

BlackEye likes this.
  3. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I'm into it. Would be a cool leveller if no one was on mounts and couldn't bail in a heart beat.

Have it so the guards at the entrance had bolas and if you went in mounted you got kicked off and animals guard whacked. Have the four horsemen of the apocalypse as mini bosses as you make your way through the dungeon, you have to kill them and they're steed once they die, like the Indians now.

Then the final boss is buffalo bill from silence of the lambs, he chases you around wearing nothing but a bandana and when you finally kill him he only drops a bottle of lotion that you have to put in a basket to get an extra bond slot that's only usable on dogs.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

5. Unknown_Hero

We don't count CPU or El Horno's opinions since they're the ones who are running so much.
    Ponne likes this.
  6. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

INFUCKINGDEED. im an EU player and 9/10 times i will be right next to people on my screen and i wont swing my weapon or hit my stuns or will be out of range for alot of my spells. Which is annoying as hell. I used to play hybrid and i could get a solid like 150-125 ping there which is incredible for me as an EU player, Considering it is an american server.
    BlackEye likes this.
  7. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Also like this idea. Could be fun.
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

The reason any form of a dexxer is irrelevant is because of the way that the formula for armor absorption is too high. If i were given control of the pvp mechanics i would change the formula to this:

- Dragon armor (i.e. spined, horned, and barbed) leather armor should be reduced to the equivalent of regular gm leather armor. The only relevance that dragon leather armor should have should be regarded toward BOD's only

- Basically, the highest level of craft able armor should be that of regular gm leather armor.

This would do a couple of things:

1) Magic leather armor would gain a significant boost in demand, viability, and relevance.

2) Mages would be required to suit themselves with magic armor, or, face the repercussions of weapon damage.

I honestly think that changing the mechanics in such a manner would be an easy fix, but also effective, in balancing the playing field between mages and dexxers. As it stands, the mechanic changes that have been made so far in regards to tactics and such, have been more or less irrelevant. I believe that if armor were to be revamped so that "dragon armor" (i.e. spined, horned, and barbed) were no different than regular gm leather armor, it would significantly reduce the current accessibility that mages possess by equipping barbed leather armor. Basically, mages would be required to equip either magic leather armor, or regular gm leather armor, which I believe would have a noticeable affect on overall game play, and would simultaneously boost the value of magic leather armor. TBH, I don't see any reason NOT to make this change. I think it would bring some balance back to the playing field between mages and dexxers, increase the damage possibility that any weapon wielder would have , and increase the desire/demand for actual magic leather armor (i.e. hardened, fortified, invulnerability, etc.), instead of allowing mages free access to 30+ yielding armor suits provided by barbed leather suits that are accessible to anyone at a cheap price.

As it stands, a mage can equip barbed leather armor with a value of a sub ~35 armor rating, with zero mana cost. IMO that is too much armor, with no downside, for any mage to possess. Mages, imo, should not have access to so much defense with such ease. Tbh, I could equip one of my mages with a full suit of gm barbed leather armor, and be completely suited to fight any dexxer, wielding any weapon, while a full set of gm invul leather armor is set to the side with little relevance. I don't believe this is how the mechanics should work.
    Seba, Cheapsuit, Althorn and 9 others like this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

10. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

upload_2017-11-28_9-44-57.png

Right now, Fortification armor isn't worth anything although the set provides 2AR more than barbed exceptional leather. And invulnerability is usually sold for 2k per piece (way too low imo). If the 31AR from barbed exceptional were to drop to the regular GM tailor leather (25 AR for the set) it would boost the value of fortification and invul pieces.

I am not experienced enough to judge the effect of 25 AR vs 31 AR in a dexxer vs mage situation though. @Mandevu are you sure the impact would be high enough? Or, is it even the issue that dexxers don't deal high enough damage? I thought one of the problems is also the inability to properly stun and the fluctuation of damage vs the consistent dmg of spells, and the miss rates, and stackable zero-delay cures, and and and... But like Mandevu said, it's a very easy code change and fast to try out by Staff.
    One likes this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. Unknown_Hero

Finally a good idea from CPU. Found the intelligent one.
  13. Unknown_Hero

I really don't think the AR wouldn't make a difference. Damage is fine when you do hit, it is the fact you never hit...even with a valorite you may hit 2/10 times.
  14. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Chance to hit is 50%. Go test if you want, but please come back with a sample size bigger then 10, cause using a sample size of 10 would be prettttty idiotic, even for an IRL member.
    And wtf do you mean "even with a valorite".... You have been told this before in another of your "idea" threads, a valorite weapon hits no more frequently then a newbie hatchet. It's your weapon skill versus their weapon skill, assuming both are 100, its a 50% chance to hit.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Dalavar likes this.
  15. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Atleast IRL dosent use exploits and glitches to play the game :D
    Rextacy and One like this.
  16. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

*rolls eyes*
  17. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Add them to factions and/or order-chaos
    Cheapsuit, Ponne and Rextacy like this.
  18. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

This would actually mean more people would play order vs chaos.

Very nice.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

20. Unknown_Hero

Yeah but no one plays either.
    Rextacy likes this.