Fishing tips?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jeebs, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

I know fishing can "net" you a ton of gold but I don't know the most efficient way to get it done.

I have 3 GM fisher/archer/peackemakers. Usually run 2 at a time and farm on my main while they macro fish(attended obv).

Do you run multiple fishers on multiple boats, same boat. Sell nets or use them? Sell MIBs or search them?

I have gotten 3 AMIBs so far which I have completed myself.

Just really trying to min/max my fishers.
  2. Lord Sky

Lord Sky Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Eh, you can run 3 fisherman at a time and get absolutely nothing for 5+ hours.. or you can get a load of stuff in ten minutes.

If money is what you’re after, you might want to consider making a bardmage or tamer.

I set up 3 fisherwomen (gm mages with fishing and peacemaking that sync dump ebolt) for my wife, and she got maybe 8 AMIBs in a few months of playing and then quit. She recently started again and played for about a week, got absolutely nothing, and quit the game for good for xbox one x. It’s a crapshoot.

Sell the mibs, level 1 tmaps (i will buy all of those), and rare hue nets. Use the green nets yourself.
  3. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

I have my disco/tamer which is what I run while 2 fishers are at it in the water. Just trying to max thier time out there while I'm farming on her. I only run all 3 fishers if I'm watching a movie or something in the other monitor
    Lord Sky likes this.
  4. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I like the ebolt turrets but it really comes down to preference on how you wanna take down the sea critters.

Buddy ran 3 fishing archers for weeks and made a mill a week to pay off some debt. Sold all the nets, mibs, amibs and everything else. But he spent a lot of hours in the day fishing.
    Jeebs and Lord Sky like this.
  5. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

I haven’t fished in a long time since getting into other activities on UOR, but I would run @Ahirman ’s fishing macros. They work very well. He says that they are designed to have all three fishers standing in back of the mast But I would have the three fishers one tile apart lengthwise. But either way all on same boat. Collect the nets and either sell them or throw them with 1 to 3 tamers on the boat. A recent patch made it so “net trash” (meaning no pirate ship) de-spawns so you can leave it behind without feeling guilty. Of course farming in dungeons will make you gold much faster, but fishing is a great way to get AMIBs.
    Jeebs likes this.
  6. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member

Fishing is what i did for a looong time here, and i loved it!

Not gona lie, farming will give you more gold / hour at the end, but the comfort of fishing + watching netflix or tv is purely priceless!
    The sea is nice on some days, and harsh on others, sometimes you wont get a single bite for 30 minutes, sometimes you catch up multiple AMIBS within an hour (my record is 3 within 1 hour, regular fishing (no nets) on 2 chars)

Income varries a lot, but after a while you can figure out your average.

Some macros are more effective than others, given the situation. Some are better with single chars (darkwing's), some (like Ahirmans) work great with a mage crew. The one i am using currently is from @Labeler as it works great with a mixed setup of Archers and Mages and allows single client use.

Btw, on long fishing days during the past fishing tourneys i usually ended up with ~500k of goods at the end of a day (~10 hours of fishing, 2-3 accounts)

Pro tip: get a 2nd screen for it ;)
    Lestat, Hollywood and Jeebs like this.
  7. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Can you elaborate on this a little more? In no way is this accusatory of anything, just genuinely interested as I have fished a lot in the past and wondering what the single client use part means as you need to watch all 3 for gumps. I'm guessing the archers are on a macro loop to target closest grey to pew pew while all 3 fish? But the mage is the one that's mobile?
    Jeebs likes this.
  8. Erza Scarlet

You need to watch all your fishers regardless, i just refered how the macros interact with each other.

Generally he has a total of 4 different macros, for the sake of simplicity they will be called:

Fishing Archer Bot
    Fishing Mage Bot
    Fishing Archer Controller
    Fishing Mage Controller

you can simply run them on multiple fishers with pretty much any mix/setup, or solo by just running the represantitve "controller" macros (the ones in charge for ship movement, and geral triggers)

the macro routine is stable, and the macros are easy to adapt.
    The only downside in my opinion are more empty loops then you will find in other macros. This part could potentially be improved.
  9. Erza Scarlet

Ahirman likes this.
  10. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

one fisher doing mibs. the other two regular fishing works well.

I prefer mages and dropped peace and resist so I could use them as recall miners when I am bored of fishing or out of mibs
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  11. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Iv been thinking of making a fisher myself .After reading through this it sounds like I need to use 2 or 3 at a time to make it worth wild, is this correct?

Thanks all.
  12. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Thanks for the mention @Erza Scarlet

@Jeebs here is the link to my macro http://uorforum.com/threads/kirbys-all-in-one-fishing-system.22216/
    My system is for 3 mage fishers, and uses only one macro that all of the fishers share. It shows how to lay out your screens to allow you to watch for gumps while you control one character. It auto-attacks monsters if the character is attacked, and can be used to easily turn your group into a mage turret. I encourage you to give that guide a thorough reading, and watch the accompanying video, if you're interested in fishing.

Be sure and PM me if you have any questions.

The best advice I can give you is, if you really want to get into fishing hardcore, do like I did and start out with "double click fishing pole" and build your own macro/system from scratch. You'll get in-depth knowledge of how fishing works, and you'll be able to custom make something that is perfect for you. Fishing is so diverse. If you look at the differences between my system, and the macros made by @Ahirman and @Cynic you'll see what I mean. There is no "right" way to fish. My system works for me, but it might not work for everyone. See what works for you and build on that. Good luck out there!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Jeebs and Dash like this.
  13. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

Yeah. Figuring out your style helps.

For my "system", one of my fisherbros is a tamer, so he sits there with mare and does an 'all kill', target grey every now and then. Works great. Basically, means resource-free killing. If I feel like being more hands on, I fireball monsters to death (since you basically have an endless supply of black pearl).
    Jeebs and Kirby like this.
  14. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I like that :D
    Blendax likes this.