Need a little help GMing disco...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I trained this skill up to 93.6 4 years ago, no clue or memory of how I did it, but I must have cuz I'm at 93.6. How can I finish this skill?
  2. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

You have some options...
    Get a friend/alt with dragons and/or a mare
    *Can be done in a house

Provo ogre Lord's in despise so they can't hit each other
    *Requires hiding

Beyond that farming lich Lord's/balrons/drags/ols etc...will raise it in the field
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Find a small house plot on an advantageous area with wild life needed to skill yourself up.... set it up like a provo house (foot stools and tables).

You should be able to GM off a silver serpent

77 with an exceptional to start early
    swap out to a regular once you hit 85(ish)
  4. Cheapsuit

What do you mean so they can't hit each other?
  5. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

There are ledges in the southeast? area that you can set them up in. They can't pathfind around so they basically stay in one spot, once you get them provoked the first time, you can set up a disco/hide macro
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  6. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

I know this thread is old but after gming disco myself, trying out all the (complicated to setup) guides i just made this:

1. Bought skill from npc
    2. trapped 6 scorpions inside my house (tamed ones, they went wild at the very exact time so they didnt attacked each other)
    3. Setup macroes with my bard to disco the scorpions then hide. This brought me to a little more of 70 real skill
    4. From then i used two ships. On the first i set up my bard and his horse in front of him, on the second ship i trapped 4 silver serpents and let them aggro my bards horse on the first ship. Used the macros from the scorpions to hide after successfully discord them all (to hide). This brought me hardly to 84.5 real skill then....
    5. I switched to occlo pirates, setting up my 2 ships at their docks and did it exactly like i did with the serpents but instead i used those pirate SAILORS on my second ship wich took me to GM easily overnight.

Be careful when you macroing at the pirate docks, sometime they'll spawn archers so make sure your boat is far away enough from the docks to not get beaten by those archers while macroing.
  7. Cheapsuit

Wow awesome man....but how do you get mobs on your ship and in the middle of the sea? Also, are boats stealable here? I'd hate to come back to find my boat gone and me drowned at the bottom of the ocean.
  8. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

You dont have to be in the middle of the sea. Just park them near the docks.

I can post a screenshot when i get off work if you want... at least how to set it up :)
  9. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

@Cheapsuit

Here's the "Screenshot"

Boat one needs to face into the docks direction placing you (green dot) behind your horse (red dot), that your horse gets aggro on the
    Sailors on boat 2 (blue dots).

Boat 2 is placed directly at the docks to make sure the sailors may enter the boat while the plank is lowered (you'll maybe need a second char to lure them there, then hide him so your horse will get aggro). Both boats keys can be banked and their anchors can be lowered (if you have hiding on your bard, if not, Boat 1 needs to be maneuverable, you will need to get a few tiles away after you succesfully discorded the sailors.

i hope this helps ;)

P.S. Unfortunately somebody placed his Dragon ship there so i couldnt paint exactly where i would place my boats... i wouldnt place them this near to the northern dock because of the archer spawn you may get. Best thing is to have your Boat 1's bug 3 or 4 tiles more to the south.

[​IMG]
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  10. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

11. Cheapsuit

Unfortunately I dropped my hiding for eval so now I'm think the best way might be to get 4 silver serpents in my house somehow. This way I can hide without having the hiding skill. Only problem is I have no clue where silver serpents are and my tamer is young with 50 taming. What really has me scratching my head is how the hell I got disco to 93 4 years ago. I honestly can't remember. I know I played the shard for about 3 weeks and I remember the resist session, but can't remember how I got disco to 93. Is it possible there was a bard table in 2013?
  12. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

I dont think you can tame silver serpents. Just have to lure them into your house or on your ship.
  13. Cheapsuit

I don't know how to get here, care to set up my ships for a small fee?
  14. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member

Can use ps or TnTs house in occlo as well and disco the pirates afk running a macro
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  15. Cheapsuit

Ty, good sir. Where is this house located?
  16. Rextacy

By the pirates in occlo. Pm a TnT member or ps on irc. I'd give access but away for a bit
  17. Cheapsuit

Lol yeah 3 post up I was explaining I don't even know where the pirate ships are. I'll ask around...thnx for your help.
  18. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

the pirate ships are on occlo island.
  19. Rextacy

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  20. Cheapsuit

I am looking at occlo on uoam but still cant find the pirate ships.