PKs

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Stoned Viking, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Ervin, how would revamping the bounty system change anything other than it would offer more incentive for players to actively collect bounties for PK's, which is something that exists in-game right now?

It simply would replace the gold model for something else, because gold as an economic incentive simply doesn't work on a freeshard that has so many millionaires as it is.

So in essence, there would be more people out in the dungeons, more people engaging in PvP, PvM players would still have to deal with PK's, but if they used IRC to call out a PK sighting they would feel more involved in the server community at large promoting more player-player interaction. This is a bad thing that you would be opposed to.....why?

As far as your political views, sorry that such a divisive paradigm as conservative and liberal ideologies had to become part of this thread.
  2. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

I dont care if you revamp the bounty system. I'm not debating that section of this thread, I just don't personally need it to inspire me to hunt reds.

As far as which way I lean... mostly down and slightly to the right.

Murica!
  3. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

One thing you arent factoring in is pks travel in groups farmers are usually solo. This shard is small, a group of two or theee pks can make rounds and wipe out every active farmer on the server, which may also only be 3 people at a given time.
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

One of my past suggestions to combat that, Stranger, is to add in more desirable farming locations so that it becomes less efficient to move a group of 3+ reds around. I can cover everywhere someone will go in one runebook. You might make the argument that that's the players' fault for not going off the beaten path more, but I think they could be met halfway by adding in more high level mobs. Like something worthwhile at painted caves. Orc bosses at the back of some orc forts. Something worth farmin at the ophidian area. There's a whole t2a map that has only one spot that farmers go to.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Which is why I've been trying to advocate for group farming more and more lately. It is some of the most fun I've had in UO and the gold split isn't going to ruin your day. The gold you save, not getting PKed because you have a tamer, a bard and a warrior handy, will easily compensate everyone fairly.
  6. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

I dont have a problem being pkd the most i stand to lose is regs and a few thousand gold, but statting my pets is the bitch about it. Like i said for someone like me you can spend a week gming magery and resist on a pet and lose it within your first five minutes out. And that little 2.5% is damn hard to get in the aformentioned skills. Most tamers i know that train their pets rarley taked their highly trained bonded pets out of the stable. Whats the point in having them?
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Agreed. This is one of the reasons that I think Boss Mob variants should have a chance to spawn on ANY of their base mob spawn locations.

IE: Elders all get Beholders. Titans all get Collossus.

Yes, this makes the farming spots also more challenging because some are hard to solo, but hey....there's that whole WE ARE PLAYING AN MMO thing again. :)
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Last time I got PKed, I lost a silver vanq large battle axe, matching normal vanq, a vanq katana and I'm pretty sure full invuln gear. Takes me a fair amount of time to replace all that shit too. ;)

Granted, I went out swinging!
  9. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Also ive never found group farming to be very profitable. Funner yes but ive always found it to eat into my pockets.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It can be, but it will never be as much as solo farming without interruption.

Factor in the value of losing tames, retraining tames, restocking, time wasted, etc.

Group farming is probably right on par. :)
  11. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  12. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

And Greed rears it's ugly head as the truth comes out where the real problem lies...
  13. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Group Farming at any high end mob is probably more profitable than champs, gold wise. Considering the faster you farm it, the more frequent the bosses spawn. The group helps clean up the bosses faster, mo money mo money mo money.

Hell, Les and I rocked LLs with just two bard warriors for a couple hours and knocked out like 3-4 Dark Ones. I would be very pleased to see the Dark Ones added back to Khaldun and even added to the single LL spawn in Fire Dungeon.

SPREAD THE LOVE AROUND!!!
  15. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Problem.still remains. 2 farmers are still not.threat to two pks
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Two unprepared farmers*

If one farmer had healthy dragons and the other was a solid PvP char, you'd be able to best two PKs without batting an eyelash. It's called crosshealing and tile-gaps.
  17. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

i don't really believe the path of the tamer is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and tyranny of evil men. This shard favors tamers in every aspect of the game and 2.5% stat loss is a small price to pay for it. There was a time where it was said that tamers had 8 control slots (an extra dragon on the 5 they had on OSI) because they only had one bonding slot. Now they have multiple bonding slots but they remain the superior template in pve and pvp and still have 8 control slots. So saying the shard is unfair for tamers isn't really something I'm going to get behind.

But I do think there are other things that could be done to alleviate the feeling that reds will come within minutes when you go to farm. As others have already...recalling or gating from PK's is pretty darn easy. In fact it seems that every pvper on the server plays with a recall prepped since heat of battle was removed.

Still, the thing I'd like best is for the community as a whole to act and to hunt pks. That's what is supposed to happen here. The community is small and we know who all the pks are. Anyone can tell you who the person is. Say in irc X, Y and Z at ice dungeon. Then go hunt them. Expose what guild they're in for harboring them.
    Blaise likes this.
  19. Athena

Athena Active Member

I too would like to see bosses spawn everywhere, I guess the way we have it now is nice to consolidate the farmers but it would be nicer if they spawned all over. This would make it so pks have to check more spots. There are really a lot of monster spawns out there off the commonly checked areas but the monsters are just mid-end and not having any chance at a boss seems to make them a little less fun, especially in a group where you'll wreck them in no time flat.
  20. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

heat of battle was removed?? for the love of God why?!?