Seeking clarification about IRC rules

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by napo, Sep 23, 2015.

1. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Hello fellow UOR players, I have questions about the IRC rules. Tonight I took part in a conversation in IRC and I seem to have violated the rules in a way that I cannot understand. Even though other players were engaged in the same behavior as I was, I was the only person booted from the channel. Maybe someone can offer me some guidance as to how I can avoid these kinds of unfortunate situations in the future.

The log is as follows. Maybe you guys can help me out.

[21:32] <amfekk> all kill zerg asking for a fight
    [21:32] <napo> see fek
    [21:32] <Drakhath> there won't be any tamers
    [21:32] <napo> stuff like that is why we can't get along
    [21:32] <Drakhath> you can bring your toy deathboy
    [21:33] <napo> it's really kind of shady to say stuff like that
    [21:33] <amfekk> napo
    [21:33] <@Renaissance> This may be a good time to take this conversation to another room, might i suggest #uorpvp
    [21:33] <Drakhath> since hes there all the tiem with his pets
    [21:33] <napo> we've been fighting tamers all night
    [21:33] * CrazyDaze gets his Minax char to get killeded
    [21:33] <amfekk> if you didnt actually run from me maybe wed get along
    [21:33] <amfekk> prolly not
    [21:33] <amfekk> but ok
    [21:33] <napo> but you're just calling us an all kill zerg
    [21:33] <Balla> it was fine when TB was out #ed us though right, amfekk?
    [21:33] <napo> it's just propaganda
    [21:33] <Balla> hypocritical fuck wit :p
    [21:33] * DarkWing sets mode: +b *!*napo@corp.por
    [21:33] * You were kicked by DarkWing (~ 15 Minute Ban for Conduct Violations ~ Please Review the IRC Policies http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-irc-channels-policy-update.4245/ - tempban 15 min)

I was apparently kicked for continuing the conversation after the request to move to #uorpvp but as you can see, several other players were engaged in this behavior. Most notably amfekk, who typed as many lines as me.
    Maybe you guys can help me understand why I was the only person to be booted. Thanks in advance, all hail UOR!
    newme likes this.
  2. Tank Jones

Tank Jones Member

I would also be interested in a response from Darkwing?

Surely one rules should be applied to all across the server, and not individuals, based off how someone reads the situation.

As far as I can see, at least 3 people continued talking, surely 3 people should of received the temp ban? Maybe they did, and Napo was first booted, so he never seen the others ? Although I doubt this.

All Hail UO:R!
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]
  4. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

The clarification about IRC rules you are looking for is as follows:

Telamon can do whatever he wants in #renaissance (Including putting DarkWing in charge of policing) because he registered it according to the rules of the people who host the IRC server (Chat4All) .

You aren't even entitled to an explanation of what you did wrong.

You've proven to be a trouble maker in the past, and are thus ruled with an iron fist.

Signed,
    Someone whos been in your shoes many times before.

PS. Some lawyer....
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    Markos, Avery, Codus and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tank Jones

Tank Jones Member

What an awesome way to make new players feel welcome ....... Tip to new players: Don't talk in IRC. You'll get wrong, even when others don't.

IRC.jpg
    Mindless likes this.
  6. Mindless

This shard is run by volunteers... doing this in their free time.... to provide an awesome service to you.

Surely they have better things to be spending their time on than defining super strict rules for IRC and then enforcing them, universally. SOOOO... like all of the smartest people in the world: Telamon outsourced the very thing he couldn't be bothered wasting his time on (IRC Moderation)

Idealism is nice... but... come on.

Do I agree with the way the rules are enforced in IRC? ... that is neither here nor there.

Do I think people have a right to bitch and moan about them? (Even though I've been in your exact same shoes many times over?) ... not in the slightest.

edit: Just thinking about this is doing my head in. I don't know how I actually feel. =\
    Elinel, Avery and El Horno like this.
  7. Tank Jones

Tank Jones Member

Lol. I am not bothered in the slightest bud. I haven't ever been banned from IRC.

If you feel like I was bitching and moaning I apologise, that was never my intention :D

I just like a good old meme..

IRC1.jpg
    Cero likes this.
  8. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

After buying my new computer most of people I had on ignore are no longer on ignore. I realized this last night and after showing my ass I've decided to put those lames back on ignore. Thanks for the clarification.
  9. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Staff is of course very appreciated for their volunteer efforts. Superhumans. I often ask Telamon why he runs this place.

That said, I think either this should have been ignored, or all three should have received a temp ban.
    Kane, wylwrk, Dalavar and 1 other person like this.
  10. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

lol IRC pvp.... glad I decided to opt out.
  11. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I was going to post this in the guide section as I've been slaving over this for weeks on end. However, now seems like the best place and the best time.

Guide:

How To Get Into An Argument On IRC
    by: wylwrk​

Step 1: State your opinion
    Step 2: Wait

Thank you!

Forward all questions to idon'treadthatshit!@gmail.com
    newme, Pill, Plankton and 1 other person like this.
  13. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I thought about ignoring this thread because it'll probably just turn into a shit talk freak show, but I couldn't resist...

If I were to formulate a somewhat impartial opinion (lol, right?) I would assume you were kicked because you have a history of going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... ranting, and trolling, and just being plain ridiculous when things aren't going your way.

There's shit talk, then there's napo talk. I've had you on ignore for a long time now, not because I don't like you, but because you've actually mastered the art of IRC trolling.

[​IMG]
    Isabella, bart simpson, Vlar and 5 others like this.
  14. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

[​IMG]
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

propaganda is probably on the insta-ban list, right under penis.
    Mindless likes this.
  16. napo

napo Well-Known Member

By "napo stirs the pot" what you guys really mean is "napo says things we don't agree with".

Surely, someone like Blaise has no room to accuse me of stirring the pot. Even your signature is an attempt to stir the pot.
    Cynic, father of vulgar horse names, once again, has little room to accuse me of stirring the pot. Just look at your avatar man, it's a screenshot of another time you stirred the pot.
    Then you've got Amfekk, who was as much as participant in this argument as I was (and he was the one who brought it up) and went on to be so racist in uorpvp that the rules bot actually had to show up and warn him. In the unmoderated channel. Here's another person who is as much of a pot stirrer as I am.
    And then you've got Mindless, I don't think I need to say anything more.

Just look at the thread - the only people saying there's nothing to this are old shits who are deeply entrenched in the tribal warfare that's been going on. (that I was calling for an end to while being booted from the channel) The players without a dog in the fight are all going "oh hey there may be something fishy going on here".

You guys are as big of pot stirrers as I am, if not more. All I ask for is fair treatment.
    tapion- likes this.
  17. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I never once made any mention of pot stirring. Stir the pot with your enemies all you want, I think that's healthy to keep the fights going.

There's a difference between stirring the pot (get gudder bro, zerg lol, gank more plz, etc) and turning every argument in IRC or in game into some giant conspiracy against you or your friends. Get over it man.

Take the fish prank for example. You bitched and moaned in irc like a pregnant woman for so long and you got your way. The squeakiest wheel sometimes get's the oil, and sometimes it just gets the ban.
    El Horno likes this.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

When did I say you were stirring the pot? Surely you're capable of reading comprehension and removing your head from your ass long enough to get your rebuttals in order.

Do we need to take a lunch session and resume trial after you've composed yourself?

Hey, while you're here, can you tell us about being a positive contributor to the community?
  19. Mindless

Translation: "I can't even compete with the forum smack down he just laid upon me."

... Back to the drawing board!

(Also: I didn't say shit about stirring the pot either... you stupid pot stirrer you.)

Commy!
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

That was more brutal than Liberation talking smack after you slapped him down 1v1.