Seeking expert fishermen!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Sheepdog, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Good morning/afternoon/evening all!

I am currently in the tail end of training fishing on one of my characters, I have been doing it on Occlo docks with a somewhat afk macro for the last two days and am currently at 90.4 fishing.

Gains have slowed to an absolute snails pace though and I know I can get faster gains at sea - HOWEVER - as this character is shiny new I have NO other skills whatsoever and would get eaten for breakfast by any gross creature the cruel mistress of the seas decided to throw at me.

The plan is to turn the character into a treasure hunter with the addition of archery to combat nasties, I've side stepped magery because I plan on running digs with a second character who does have magery and to be quite honest I've got 4 characters to train up with magery already and the prospect of a 5th isn't something my bank account could handle.

SO - I am looking for a veteran seaman who would be willing to let me sail the seven seas with them to train up to GM level.

In return for allowing me to stow away on your vessel I will grace your pockets with all the treasure/profitable items I fish up while I finish up training this skill.

I'm based in the UK so any one on a European time zone would be beneficial and easier to organise.

Thank you in advance!

Sheep
    Canis likes this.
  2. BabyGerald

BabyGerald Member

You're going to hate this advice: You might as well have 3 fisherman going. One at a time is paaainnnful.

83-90 magery is sufficient.. and you can train magery while fishing in the open seas!
  3. Sheepdog

Haha, thanks @BabyGerald - I don't hate the advice it's cool.

The thought of having 3 fishermen doesn't enthrall me currently, maybe that will change though! I'll keep to the docks in the interim as that can be AFK'd. If it takes another week - it takes another week.

Thanks for the advice!
  4. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Hi, first of there are not 7 seas in the world of UO. Secondly, and more importantly, you can stand at the end of the long dock at Magencia. This is considered "deep water" and will allow you to GM without the help of others. Btw, boats are for sale on the second floor of the gift shop, @Hydrox, it's is located just outside the bank of Ocllo. GL @Sheepdog

[​IMG]
    Orion GM BD, Canis and Zyler like this.
  5. Sheepdog

6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

This place ran by @Canis just outside the moonglow East gate has better prices on boats and all home addons. The Occlo shops take advantage of young players that can't easily leave the island. It's worth it to remove young status for a moment and walk on over here using the moongate.
    [​IMG]
    wylwrk, Orion GM BD, RIN and 3 others like this.
  7. Sheepdog

Thanks @snap dragon I had a house just around the corner from there, I'll get one there.
  8. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

I should add @Sheepdog that almost all that do fishing has 3 fishermen. I have 3, one mage and 2 archers and whatever all are saying about archery, even if it doesn't have the same DPS as meelee nor magery, I like having archers as fishermen. :) I even bring one of them at our Zookeeper quests, running next to my tamer as a box. They do max 46 dmg with Vanq HXbows but the timer between bolts are long. Backside with a mage is when you cast nets, they will run out of mana and an archer never needs mana nor a break.

3 fishers gives 3 times more sea monsters to fight, 3x more mibs and we are allowed it. They run themselfs with help of macros but you must keep an eye at all 3, so you do not end up in jail when you passed 99.9... ;)
    Orion GM BD and BabyGerald like this.
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Sheepdog here are some guides to help you fish. What these guys are saying is right though. If you're not fishing with 3 characters, you're just wasting time. You can't do anything else while fishing anyway because you have to watch for AFK gumps. I won't even fish with 2 of my fishers. If I can't do a full triple-box, I won't waste my time.

http://uorforum.com/threads/kirbys-all-in-one-fishing-system.22216/

http://uorforum.com/threads/ahirmans-all-in-one-fishing-macro-s.22222/

http://uorforum.com/threads/cynics-all-in-one-fishing-macro.22215/
    Pekka and BabyGerald like this.
  10. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

@Sheepdog SIr 3 fishers is the way to go without a doubt. As @Pekka said its 3x the riches.
    I made 2 at same time, but first got magery on one to at least throw an ebolt without failing to much.

@Larloch is spot on with Magencia as a great spot for macroing. Once you get one close to GM and able to protect the other 2, you'll be home
    free. I would however get each chars str to 100, they will stay alive longer if you get multiple monsters.
    This is one of the safest profitable professions here. Not to mention @Zyler 's fishing tourneys, which are always fun.

I have an extra boat I can toss to you when your ready to go out. Just pm me.

Good luck
    Cheers!
    Zyler and Pekka like this.
  11. Sheepdog

Thank you @Orion GM BD a boat would be awesome!

I've got one fisherman at 99.9 & another at 87 now courtesy of Magnicia docks. I was waiting to GM Magery on a character on my third account before taking those the two fishermen to sea where I'll be training up the Mage in fishing too.

One of the fisherman is at 70 something archery and between him and the Mage I'm hoping I'll be able to handle any monsters!

I'll hit you up on IRC soon - thank you!
    Orion GM BD, Zyler and Pekka like this.
  12. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Tournament rolling right now till end of day Sunday.