Stat loss for reds

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Kane, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

It's not meant for one player to put up all the money. its meant to increase over time in small increments. What is 1000 GP every now and then. I would say remove the tax but as you said, lame PKs would be willing to kill themselves for the money. This is the only way to bypass that.

And it's definitely not worse then the current system which decays in 2 weeks without a kill. I've had 20K + bounties on my head only to have them decay when I can't make it on within 2 weeks. That's a waste of money.
    One likes this.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's the principle. It's biting your nose to spite your face (pardon the expression as I know we have some non-native English speakers here but that one is pretty literal).

They're both wastes of money. (I didn't realize the current system decays after 2 weeks, that actually seams inaccurate to the era if I remember correctly.

I'd be happy to fight back against PKs in a monetary sense. I've got more disposable cash than most, but if I'm telling you I'm not willing to dispose of it in this way, I would think others wouldn't either.
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I wonder if there could be some way to "sponsor" a PK's resurrection and repentance. Let's say counts never decayed, but instead for every account you got to "sponsor" your safe resurrection, you could remove a few murder counts.

Theoretically, if you have a lot of friends, you could get them to each sponsor you. But if an account could only sponsor you once, for its lifetime, you'd quickly exhaust your circle of friends and would need to look outside of it. And you could also make a rule that an account which has a murderer (or had one, at any time) can't sponsor anyone.

So the idea is that you have those pure at heart (totally blue accounts) who would need to "forgive" the sins of the murderer. It's up to the red to convince blues that they're worthy of resurrection without Lord British's stat loss vengeance. This could be done via payment, via public pleas at Ocllo bank or in IRC, etc.

And if you get to the point where you keep getting murder counts, keep dying and asking for forgiveness and getting it, and then doing this over and over, eventually there's no more players to forgive you and you end up having to take stat loss.

Basically "I forgive thee" and you get a targeting cursor to wipe some number of counts from the red.
  4. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Too complicated my man. Could just reduce the tax. Just because your too proud to contribute to a pks misfortune doesnt mean nobody else would. I think it would work. Its like a reverse lottery. The government takes its share and the pk gets a bill. Whever kills tye pk wins. Small contributions that go unnoticed by one person add up and take a lump sum out of a pks pocket. Make them pay for their kills and think twice about kills that dont pay off ( training toons etc ). Seperate the murderers from the serial killers. I'm a serial killer btw..
    One, wylwrk and newme like this.
  5. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I swear by all that is holy, if PK's had no incentive to just take advantage of 3 available accounts and macro short terms, I would begin playing again and hunt them down one by one. It's literally my favorite thing to do in UO.

But right now, there's just no reason to. I had some fun killing a few reds previously, but when they keep on getting back up from a fight, it just grows boring. They need more risk.

Besides, the risk of actually having to re-macro your character because you ressed in statloss is exciting. It would put more excitement and danger in PKing and make it less of a routine "gate to spot A, gate to spot B, gate to spot C" (or in LOL's case "GATE NEXT PLEASE")
    Iago, PaddyOBrien, wylwrk and 2 others like this.