Survive first mana dump guide?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by fotsvett, Sep 5, 2015.

1. fotsvett

fotsvett New Member

Any guide around or maybe someone wanna do a guide right here and now in the thread ☺

What do mages do the first attack?How to survive?

What do dexxors do first attack? How to survive?

Of course recall away is surviving nr.1 but if you cant or wanna fight back?

Thoughts?
  2. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Your main goal is to counter whatever the enemy is throwing at you.

In most cases; you are trying to mitigate damage.

Playing a Mage:

If another mage opens up with an explosion, energy bolt, I counter by squeezing a greater heal in.
    If they open with explosion, poison... I'll likely cure pot, and spam mini heals.

You want to be sure you are aware of their mana situation as well. If they drop 3 6th circle spells on you, and you're still pretty near full health. It's a good time to get your mana up to a level where you can kill a person, and switch to offense.

If I'm attacked by a dexxer, I'll try to put on reactive armor and kill them quick.

The main counter to a dexxer (in my experience) is good movement/situational awareness. You don't want to sit there and let them just wack you nonstop... make them work for it. Running them around obstacles (ie, the pillar in the middle of AOLs) works wonders.

*shrug*

I hope this was at least somewhat helpful.
  3. xXx

xXx Active Member

Don't forget a good offense is better than a good defense. When you see them cast that corp... harm that ass! Then mini heal their exp.

It's a mana game, make them spend 20 for every 5 you spend.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

In all seriousness with just potions and (Magery + Med + Resist w/90-100 int), its pretty hard to die vs a mage unless theyre a kitted out tankmage or a really well played/lucky stun mage. If you only ever use your spells for defense, you can prolly skirt with 45-60 magery. ie: Med Macer

Against a purely magical offence, just spam the cure/heal pots and mini heal and G-Heal accordingly. If you do nothing but that 1v1 you will never die unless you run out of pots. With practice you really dont even need potions. If you never go on the offence you will NEVER run out of mana.

There are some people who are REALLY good and have 5x mage dueled since it was first a thing and theyll be able to kill you... if you dont have potions.
  6. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

How much do you mini heal for with 45 magery?

Wager on this?
    Mindless likes this.
  7. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

On a dexxer, the best way to survive is stick to them like glue. Learn to stick on the target and predict their next movement and intercept them. With a fast enough weapon you might interrupt spells and make it harder for them to target you. If you see a Mind Blast in the works as a dexxer, get ready to chug a heal potion and already have your bandages going.
  8. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

I meant to say INT... Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about a standard, cookie cutter Med Macer.

GM: Mage/Med/Resist/Macing/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing
    80str/ 100dex / 45int

I sure do.
  9. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Its been brought to my attention that I should point out that playing defensively is much different than just sitting there and trying to straight up tank and out heal whatever damage comes your way. While against 9/10 people on this shard that will indeed work, 1/10 times the person will know what theyre doing and youll have to play defensively to run them out of regs.
    Learning how not to die is a great first step in learning how to PvP.

-Casting poison on someone when they are in the middle of dumping can really help to slow them down and ruin their chance to kill you. Dont cast it defensively too far into your opponents dump though, otherwise theyll just ignore it.

-Using weaken or harm or any other instant hit spell to disrupt them from casting a spell thats crucial to the combo (ie: poison or the final ebolt) can open just the window you need to heal/GreatHeal and survive.

-Your going to be weakened anyway, so try and remember that if you see someone cast paralyze, cast weaken. Then you can target yourself and break the paralyze and not get destroyed.

-Dont be afraid to Feeblemind yourself if theyre a mindblast monkey