The Business of Bulk Orders

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lyta, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What an amazing introduction to BODs! I do sense a tailoring bias in some sections but thank you for also including links to the BS BOD relevant stuff. Now, of course, I want to level a tailor as well as my almost BS. If only we could have more then three accounts because all three of my accounts already have toons that are levelling/macroing…
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Lyta likes this.
  2. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

A good point, thank you Azerothian; I enjoy tailoring a lot more and spend more time doing those BODs. That appears to have subconsciously propagated to my screenshots and such. Once the contest has been judged I'll make an effort to update some screenshots to include smithing references as well. The information itself covers both systems but a lot of the examples I gave use tailoring reference points.
  3. Duke19

Duke19 Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I just completed a town-crier 20 large BOD and didn't get a bear rug. I got a damn tapestry. What gives? That matrix is wrong...?
  4. Caska VS Trees

Caska VS Trees Well-Known Member

was it exceptional or normal?
  5. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Updated Section 12: Show Me The Money to reflect where Gargoyle Shovels exist on the smithing reward matrix.
    Bamilus likes this.
  6. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Updated:

1. What's the big deal with BODs?

Discussed that Large BODs cannot be obtained until 85.1 skill.

2. Training a Crafter

Discussed a strategy in the Tips section where you can lock your trade skill to target deeds in a certain material, such as small deeds in leather or small deeds in Dull Copper

Credit to RavenMagi and PaddyOBrien for a discussion that happened here.
  7. Cha

Cha Well-Known Member

Bumb for great guide!
    Lyta likes this.
  8. Merrit

Merrit New Member

Great guide. I was curious, on the Reward charts is shows hanging studded leather as a reward for special leather types. I have not done any special leather and have received studded pants and armor as a reward by only doing regular leather. Is it also a reward for regular leather and just isnt shown on the chart?
    Lyta likes this.
  9. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Hi Merrit, thank you - I am glad you find it useful.

Hanging studded is a reward for plain leather 6 piece large BODs in either 10/15/20 exceptional.

Hope this helps!
    Merrit likes this.
  10. Merrit

Merrit New Member

Yup, sure enough as soon as i go look at the chart again i find it right away. Maybe i need to take a break from staring at the chart haha.
    Lyta likes this.
  11. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Haha, it can definitely make one cross-eyed. I have made more than one mistake assuming I was getting one reward when I got another.
  12. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

You put a lot of work into this guide and it is an awesome read. Thank you. I learned a lot from it.:)
    Lyta likes this.
  13. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Wow! Thank you!
    Lyta likes this.
  14. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Wow! Nothing more to say! This is - most likely - the best UO guide I ever read! (and I can assure you, I read a lot over the years!)

As I am just getting back into the game and into BODs, this is incredibly helpful!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
    Lyta, shad and compsays like this.
  15. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

Thank you Kalvasflam, glad you have found it helpful.

Let me know if there is anything you come across that hasn't been covered by the guide, I'd be happy to add it.

Cheers,
    Lyta
  16. Icewalker

Icewalker Active Member

Lyta , I never boded in my life , this guide makes me want to legit make like 10 smiths and tailors, excited to get started on bods!! Such an amazing guide...
    Lyta likes this.
  17. Cherie

Cherie Active Member

WOW you did a wonderful job on this. is it linked yet to the BOD system? if not say something to Telamon
    Lyta likes this.
  18. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

Excellent guide @Lyta You've done an awesome job at explaining everything. Only advice I would offer is that when flipping bods one should take notice of one's environment. I do so at non-peak times in unpopulated cities. The little chime each turn-in generates announces to the world that you are flipping and thieves can be so pesky. Avoid them as much as possible by not turning in bods in crowded tailorshops and smithys :) Just my 2 gps :)
    Kiryana and Lyta like this.
  19. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Amazing guide on a complex subject!

One thing I wanted to ask: if you're using UOBod program, have you noticed that the rewards are actually off (not exactly matching http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/bod/tailor.html and http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/bod/smith.html) ?

Example: for 20 normal iron weapons UOBod says "Pick or Shovel / Mining Gloves +1" but UOR chart says Gloves+1: 10% / Hammer: 45% / BOD book: 45%
    UOBod also does not show chances (not that it matters since the rewards are inaccurate anyway).
    2018-02-08 13_40_29-CompatWindow.png 2018-02-08 13_40_51-CompatWindow.png
  20. Lyta

Lyta Well-Known Member

i @Twister

Thank you, I hope you found the guide useful. Yes the rewards in UOBOD were created for another server, and they are hard coded unfortunately. Another application I have come across is https://uo.stratics.com/bod/BODs.shtml

I actually like the 2nd application more. The reward matrix in that application is also hard coded and I don't have the patience to decompile it. At the end of the day the most annoying aspect of BODs is organization and updating any inventories you are maintaining. Over the years I have become quite lazy and just have a separate BOD book for each type. IE for tailor all Lady and Fisher BODs in one book, all Pirate & Jester BODs in another, etc.

After a while you memorize what the rewards are.

Cheers,
    Lyta
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Rheanon likes this.