Anybody understand the Virtue system?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by dickieredfeather, Nov 9, 2014.

1. dickieredfeather

dickieredfeather New Member

I can't find information on the virtue system. Does the little Pentagram above your paper doll with all the virtues mean anything? What is the purpose of the skull in the middle of the ogre lord island say i must be knight of valor for me to challenge in that way. How do i become a knight of valor? A lot of questions i know but I'm not sure where to look to find this information and I have been looking.
    Halabinder and Artex like this.
  2. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to UOR!

Tons of info in the guide section. I have a few of these in my favorites IE bar.
    Valor system guide - http://uorforum.com/threads/champion-spawn-valor-virtue-and-hero-titles-guide.2022/
    Champ Spawn guide - http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-champion-spawns-and-the-harrower.3026/
    One Guide to rule them all - http://www.uorforum.com/threads/one-guide-to-rule-them-all-one-guide-to-find-them.682/

Current virtue systems that function here -
    Virtues:
    Sacrifice by Deacon
    Compassion by Deacon
    Valor by Ezekiel

You can gain justice by killing murderers but I don't believe the virtue has a function here.
    Halabinder likes this.
  3. dickieredfeather

Do the champ spawns go active on their own? Can I just kill giant rats and slimes in despise to gain valor?

"To gain in Valor, you must kill the creatures associtated with active Champ Spawns. The best way to do this is to find a group of people that plan on working a spawn that someone else can summon or simply find an active spawn that is not being worked and kill the spawn off."

This quote is from one of the guides and I understand it but not sure about how to start the process. It kinda sounds like you need valor to activate the champ spawn but you need to activate the champ spawn to gain valor.
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Heres what I know about the virtue system: Sacrifice is amazing. Sacrifice is amazing. Sacrifice is amazing.
  5. dickieredfeather

So i get sacrifice and compassion. However it doesn't say how to raise valor without starting a champion spawn. How can you start on the valor path if you cannot activate a champion spawn.
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Every day a spawn is activated in the brittania and one in T2a. So there will always be a spawn somewhere. Also old spawn works too so you can find a lot of monsters up in the trees and such from spawns that have already been worked and gain in the path that way.
    Halabinder likes this.
  7. dickieredfeather

Awesome! Thanks El Horno
  8. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Can you self rez in a house that is not your own?
  9. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

No :)

Nor can you sacrifice-rez if you're a criminal.