Renaissance Guide to Razor

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Chris, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello!

I've mastered the basics of Razor Macroing but I see macros posted with commands I don't see to be able to find (i.e. target nearest blue/grey/red), is system message ___, etc. Is there an primer on more advanced macro commands somewhere?

Also it seems that there is a way to cut & paste existing macros into my Razor app, advice on how to do that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
  2. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member

You need to set a hotkey for these things. They are prebuilt into razor, and you just mash your hotkey when you want to record them into your razor macro.

For Copy/Paste help, see:

http://uorforum.com/threads/how-to-copy-and-paste-a-razor-macro.868/
  3. Azerothian

Azerothian Well-Known Member

For some you might need a leter version of Razor as well.
  4. Sapharious

Sapharious Active Member

Kinda late to this party, but since no one else has pointed it out:

The "Scavenger" portion of this guide is wrong. It says it is for...
    I am sure this was a mistep and the correct info didn't get pasted in... as we all know, Scavenger is for auto picking items up off the ground. Simply add items to the list and watch as your character magically picks them up as you pass by within 2 tiles... most of the time... sometimes it just won't work on something and you repeatedly pick it up, drop it back down, run back past, repeat, repeat.. (no! You never simply pick it up and put it in your backpack!). Of note: if the item is on a different "level" than you, as in down a slope, you will have to move to its level for the scavenger to work, even if you can pick the items up manually. I see this alot beside buildings in E Britain that are recessed into the terrain.
    Buga likes this.
  5. qbradq

qbradq Member

Why do none of the guides and documents point to the UO:R Razor Community Edition? It is quite improved and I didn't even know it existed for a while.
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

7. qbradq

qbradq Member

Yup, that's where I found it. The non-sticky thread in the discussion forum. But not mentioned in any of the "Getting Started" guides that someone new to the shard might look at. Just some input.
  8. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

The development of it is still progressing and changing quite frequently which means the developers are still working and watching out for potential bugs. So i don't believe Chris has taken the time to look over everything and continuously re-evaluate those changes when he already has a well functioning razor client and guide that still remains the Alpha while the development razor is still in Beta.

I've messed around with it and love the increasing functionality, but imo for now certain things were running a little clunkier for me and some other players I know that went back to the former as did I. I don't think Chris has a problem suggesting players try it out, but I don't believe he would put forth the effort of a new guide and sticky unless he himself felt 100% on it. Also, his availability to focus on the server alone lately has been minimal. This would be low on his list of priorities.