PK Short Term Count Change Proposal

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by snap dragon, Mar 12, 2018.

1. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

@Skydancer

So your argument is, because when you are farming and get PKed, you go to their house and they are already afk, you can't get an opportunity to get revenge?

Well, you should have been prepared to fight them at your farming spot. You have choice to use a character that is better at PVP and trade off is you earn less gold per hour. You can farm in a group with friends to minimize PKing, but nobody here wants to sacrifice their precious gold per hour. You can simply write down the place and time the PK got you and keep a log so you can learn about the PK and catch them later. Like this, this, and this, and so on.

It's really easy to not only hunt, but kill PKs, and without any good PVP skills. I am a terrible PVPer, and was probably the servers biggest PK hunter for a year straight when PKing was more active. Problem is there is no incentive to do it. I hunt them down and get their 5k bounty? Big deal. They don't even take statloss. There is no point in me wasting my time doing it.

Introduce meaningful statloss, so I know I am doing some good, and it's game on.
    Killian likes this.
  2. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

My perspective is a that a murderer should have a crimtimer that reflects the deed.

And as for your links, in the time it took you to make one kill each, how many kills did these guys make, and all because they could hide behind being inaccessible at all but the exact times that they made kills?
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be much of a problem is there was meaningful statloss, would it?
  4. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

Statloss harms the pvp environment in my opinion. Reds already don't want to come out except to hunt pvm-ers and afk's. I want to engage. Statloss, even in it's current form, doesn't make much sense to me unless it affects everyone. Statloss definitely gives no incentive for a red to attack another red. It seems a real punishment rather than a mechanic that can be played.
  5. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't know how it was on other shards, but on Chessy back in the day reds PKd and blues (oranges) pvp'd. It was non-stop action in towns, out of towns, in dungeons, everywhere. I never once saw anything like this bastardized version of "red pvpers" that we seem to have a lot of here. I think most would agree that statloss was originally intended as a punishment to control PKing. And back then it really was a punishment as the system would automatically log you out and GMs would and did hunt down AFK macroers trying to burn counts with rolls of quarters on their keyboards.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    snap dragon likes this.
  6. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

What, I'm almost certain this was a thief nerf to prevent thieves stealing something and immediately recalling away.

It's because my PK mad skillz got there first! I thank @snap dragon for the great recognition of adding my name among PKs. However, as of this autumn @Cullinarn should've been there too.